A brief review for the nonagenarian demographic

sunsetsoon

Is a PA a personal assistant?  Here in Canada we have what is referred to as Nurse Practitioners.  They are the right hand (and probably left!)  of some of our doctors here.  They have the training and ability to assess, to order tests & to prescribe some medications.   Good idea really...takes a burden off the health care system.  

22 hours ago, sunsetsoon said:

No apology needed. You only posted the picture twice and I loved it both times. The grandson on the right reminds me so much of my favorite nephew. He had that same expression on his face when he looked at the 3 albums I had made especially for him when he was 3, 4 and 5 years old. He got married 2 years ago and those 3 albums were my wedding gift to him.

That is so awesome I can only imagine how thrilled he must have been. I’m sure it is THE most treasured gift he received.  My 3 nephews all just got engaged I have boxes of pictures to go through you may have just inspired me once again!

thanks 😀

12 hours ago, Samstress said:

Is a PA a personal assistant?  Here in Canada we have what is referred to as Nurse Practitioners.  They are the right hand (and probably left!)  of some of our doctors here.  They have the training and ability to assess, to order tests & to prescribe some medications.   Good idea really...takes a burden off the health care system.  

12 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

A PA is a Physician Assistant. We have Nurse Practitioners, too.

Your posts caused me to take another look at my prescription card. Melanie is FNP - Family Nurse Practitioner. Dr. Hawley has 3 FNP's and 1 PNP - Pediatric Nurse Practitioner. I don't know the difference between NP and PA but all the ones I have seen do good work.

drumming cruisers - I love your pages. And I'm not jealous that you can post them on CC - well maybe a little bit. I'm going to keep trying and Aprille can probably cause it to happen when she gets through with income tax stuff. I have sent her some trial pictures as text attachments. And it's not easy taking a good picture with a tiny flip phone. Tiny flip phones are to carry in your purse when you drive to Borger in case you have a problem along the way. I'm going to enlist my BIL's aid. Some day I will disclose his name but not now. I'm going to do a chapter titled "what were these parents thinking" and his parents will be featured. In the meantime he will be referred to as Jay. He has a smart phone and it takes better pictures but he doesn't know how to attach it to a text. Since I figured out how to do it with my flip phone surely I can show him how.

I really like the torn paper and I really really like anything Disney. All us other scrapbookers know and appreciate the time and effort that goes into the 'old school' kind of scrapbooking - and it's still the best kind of scrapbooking. My cruising scrapbooks are a totally different style from my Disney scrapbooks but to me, they are all master pieces. I'm so happy this thread has brought so many scrapbookers into our fun discussions. And I WILL get some of my pages posted some way some how.

• Like 3

Please be careful with your personal information.  While I’m not saying any of your friends here on CC would cause any mischief, you’ve given us your full name, approximate age and residence state.  With just those little bits of information, I’m sure much more could be found and possibly result in identity theft. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gappleby said:

Please be careful with your personal information.  While I’m not saying any of your friends here on CC would cause any mischief, you’ve given us your full name, approximate age and residence state.  With just those little bits of information, I’m sure much more could be found and possibly result in identity theft. 

I know you are right and thanks for reminding me. I have read enough to know about identity theft but also naive enough to believe it couldn't possibly happen to me - but of course it could.

3 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Here is the link to the Floataway Lounge that you were talking about earlier. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/130-floataway-lounge/

Thanks for the link, Cole. Actually I had stumbled onto it a few days ago. I mostly look at it to see how many views sid_9169 has now and it's pretty impressive. I know I should probably move over there but maybe I could stay here just a little bit longer.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, sunsetsoon said:

Thanks for the link, Cole. Actually I had stumbled onto it a few days ago. I mostly look at it to see how many views sid_9169 has now and it's pretty impressive. I know I should probably move over there but maybe I could stay here just a little bit longer.

Oh yes...please stay here.  So much easier to read your posts.  And of course they are "cruise related"!  

You always make me smile and sometimes a little tear will find it's way down my cheek.

I'm also looking forward to your "Bless Your Heart" post.  Here in Ky, we say that, but it has a twist (!?!) 😉

Ms. Mary...when your posting, look at the top of the post and there will be a smiley face.  That's were you will find all of the emoji's.  Hope that helps.  Maybe you can tell me how to quote more than one post!?!  I'm learning also.

• Like 2

Don't go swanning off to any lounges you just stay right here. I have nothing booked with NCL at the moment just with Marella and Azamara. I come on here to see my adopted Mum Ms Mary.

You brighten my day across the pond. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aprille said:

I can post on my tablet but not on my laptop. Emoji shrugs

Too many devices my dear. But so glad you can post now.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I can read/post using Microsoft Edge (which I HATE to use with a fiery passion), but not with Chrome or Firefox.

'I'm using Firefox - go figure.

1 hour ago, AmyJA said:

Amy: (raises her hand and waves it) "Hello, my name is Amy and old school scrapbook."

Hi Amy. Us old school scrapbookers had just started gathering when all this stuff started happening on CC. We still have lots to talk about and pictures to post.

46 minutes ago, jaxw17 said:

Don't go swanning off to any lounges you just stay right here. I have nothing booked with NCL at the moment just with Marella and Azamara. I come on here to see my adopted Mum Ms Mary.

You brighten my day across the pond. 

I'm going to stick around for a while because you and many others have brightened a lot of my days.

And to all of you - emoji iheartu

• Like 6

This has become my happy place!  Mary...you make me smile & laugh. You have an amazing way with words.  Please stick around for a bit longer.  Cheers, Sandy

p.s.  maybe we could all share funny cruise stories.   We could be like a book club without the book!

Edited by Samstress
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Samstress said:

This has become my happy place!  Mary...you make me smile & laugh. You have an amazing way with words.  Please stick around for a bit longer.  Cheers, Sandy

p.s.  maybe we could all share funny cruise stories.   We could be like a book club without the book!

Excellent idea, Sandy. A book club without a book - I like that. Not to mention More Musings from Ms. Mary - which will be the title of my next thread and that could happen January 2021. It seems Aprille has booked us on the Encore out of Miama on a round trip Panama cruise - 12 days no less. I will definitely stay with this thread but I have made some new rules for myself. We can talk about that tomorrow. In the meantime feel free to talk amongst yourselves and start remembering funny cruise stories. You are pretty good with words youself Sandy and even better with ideas. Cheers right back atcha my Canadian friend.

• Like 4

I'm going to stick around for a while because you and many others have brightened a lot of my days.

And to all of you - emoji iheartu

Here are some of my old traditional scrapbook pages from — can you guess — Disney Cruise. I hope I don’t get kicked out of the NCL forum.

JoAnn

6e96aafd5de9a99adf4593759b24fda4.jpg90b5fbceb7a3be286834baa927bff043.jpg53ee327c63e4bc795d40cf26fe15f243.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 3

Oh my goodness JoAnn. You do such good work - both old school and digital. I'm just a little bit jealous - maybe even a lot since I don't even know how to post a picture to CC. Aprille is too far away to help but I have a niece that lives close by that can so maybe - just maybe. And since they haven't kicked me off this board yet I don't think you have any worries at all about that.

• Like 1