Oceania arranged Shuttle from Civittavecchia to Rome hotel

rockjock75

I end  my cruse on a Saturday at Civitavecchia and have a Oceania arranged shuttle from the ship to my hotel in Rome (near Villa Borghese). The ship arrives at port at 6 am and according to Oceania,  all are off by 9 am.  What time generally does the shuttle leave for Rome hotels and about when should I expect to arrive at my hotel? I am trying to plan activities for Sat in Rome.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

36 minutes ago, rockjock75 said:

I end  my cruse on a Saturday at Civitavecchia and have a Oceania arranged shuttle from the ship to my hotel in Rome (near Villa Borghese). The ship arrives at port at 6 am and according to Oceania,  all are off by 9 am.  What time generally does the shuttle leave for Rome hotels and about when should I expect to arrive at my hotel? I am trying to plan activities for Sat in Rome.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Personally I would cancel the shuttle with Oceania and have a driver/ guide pick me up at the ship. I would tour Rome or the out lying areas having the driver drop me of at the hotel upon completion.

• Thanks 1

Beautiful hotels and stylish neighborhood in the Villa Borghese area.  I have not taken that O transfer and have no idea on its schedule. The drive is about 1 hour. Allow 1.5.

A private transfer with a bit of a tour is a wonderful idea but for one is pretty pricey. I can't get any takers on our Roll Call for that. There are some connecting up just for a straight drive to Rome. You post on your Roll Call. A private transfer would be my first choice.

Oh, reading between the lines if the shuttle is dropping you off at your hotel it could be that you have book a post cruise hotel though O, I know they have used a hotel in that area before.  If that is the case sit back and enjoy the ride.

Rome is perhaps an exception because of the distance from the ship to Rome but generally speaking, transfers offered by Oceania to airports in most cities are significantly more than you can do on your own. For starters, Oceania charges per person while a taxi or private transfer is per car,

I would investigate the cost of a private transfer (or maybe share with another couple) - I suspect that you would come out ahead cost and time wise.

• Thanks 1

I am interested in people's response since I am in the same situation.  I have booked a private tour at 2PM the day we disembark from CIV and have booked a transfer with O to our post cruise hotel in Rome.

Edited by bbtondo

6 minutes ago, bbtondo said:

I am interested in people's response since I am in the same situation.  I have booked a private tour at 2PM the day we disembark from CIV and have booked a transfer with O to our post cruise hotel in Rome.

O's transfers are pretty pricey which I assume will be X 2....I have always found that it makes much more sense on doing a tour from The port dropping us off at the hotel upon completion....especially if you can get one more couple. Plus there is plenty to see on the outskirts from CIV into Rome

Edited by eldaradoe
  • Thanks 1

Is your hotel in Rome one that is provided by O. If so what is the name of the Hotel ? Just got off Sirena in Miami Had extra OBC used O bus transport . It was excellent driver polite and handled all our luggage on and off the bus.

3 hours ago, eldaradoe said:

O's transfers are pretty pricey which I assume will be X 2....I have always found that it makes much more sense on doing a tour from The port dropping us off at the hotel upon completion....especially if you can get one more couple. Plus there is plenty to see on the outskirts from CIV into Rome

I am not questioning which transfer is cheaper.  I understand the prices and choices.  Like the poster, I would like to know when disembarking ship and taking an O transfer in CIV to Rome hotel, if anyone knows approx. what time to expect to arrive at the hotel.  Looking for posters that have recently done this and their experience. 

Thanks!

22 hours ago, bbtondo said:

I am not questioning which transfer is cheaper.  I understand the prices and choices.  Like the poster, I would like to know when disembarking ship and taking an O transfer in CIV to Rome hotel, if anyone knows approx. what time to expect to arrive at the hotel.  Looking for posters that have recently done this and their experience. 

Thanks!

Oceania Transfers are all over the place timewise, because there are so many variables at play and because they necessarily cater to the least organized among us (i.e. people who are not planners).

Depending on the number of people who need to get into Rome from the ship that day, what part of Rome they are going to and/or their flight times, AND traffic, there could easily be a two to three hour window of when you arrive at your Hotel.

If you are trying to maximise your day, do yourself a favor and plan your transfer privately.

Edited by StanandJim

I have arranged a Hotel and airport transfers with Oceania and 3 night stay at Westin Excelsior. I realize than this is more expensive than planning transportation and hotel on my own. We are just going with Oceania this time.

As discussed above, I will plan on several hours before I get to hotel. We have a food tour by night starting at 4:30 pm, so I will not plan now to cram in anything else. If we get there in late morning, then we can decide what to do. Probably rest up from cruise!! ,  and hope  hotel will get us in room early.

Thanks for all for your thoughts.

Edited by rockjock75

You will probably get a letter today or tomorrow outlining  what time you need to meet  to get your  shuttle

If worried go to  Destination Services  & ask for the schedule for your  trip to Rome