50 Year Celebration/Sailabration..I would like to see

eltigre

12 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Table clothes back on the tables.  Chocolate on the pillow, and don't ask me if I want morning OR evening cabin service, give me both, and just to make sure that you can?  Have enough staff, so that none of them burn out!

Oh, and on the night of the party?  When all of our ships meet up?  Fireworks (handled carefully).  We are looking forward to this cruise!

I do agree with free room service too.

Sounds good to me! But As for the room steward service, I just say from the get-go that I want twice a day service. I’ve never had any problem with receiving it. I also miss our past cruisers parties and the a Captain Reception with free hor d’oeuvres and cocktails. Not sure when they disappeared as we took a Carnival cruise in 2007 (it was number 5) and had the parties, then we took time off trying other lines, sailing RCCL and NCL. When we returned to Carnival last year, they were no longer happening. 😢 But we did find that Carnival was way more fun than those other two lines, and proceeded to book three more. I just returned from the Glory, and heading out on a B2B soon on the Magic.

I am hoping for an epic horn battle between ships. Limbo was on my early cruises, haven't seen it in a long time, would be fun. 

What I'd love to do but know we can't is fly drone over the different ships, maybe they could give us a one cruise exemption? 

• Like 3

On 3/2/2020 at 3:33 AM, tree.critter said:

I am hoping for an epic horn battle between ships. Limbo was on my early cruises, haven't seen it in a long time, would be fun. 

What I'd love to do but know we can't is fly drone over the different ships, maybe they could give us a one cruise exemption? 

A horn battle would be great, I could totally see them doing that. Forgot about the Limbo, that would be fun too, although we’d have to leave it to the younger generations, don’t want to break a hip, lol! 

I don’t think they would allow personal drones but wouldn’t it be awesome if they had their own professional drones that could record the deck parties and put them on the big screens of all the ships? You could have all kinds of contests between the ships, including the entertainment crews. I think the Sailibration is going to be a lot of fun!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 3/4/2020 at 11:28 PM, BalzacBill said:

We're booked on the Feb 2022 Miracle Hawaii cruise, and the Sailabration is on the same day as our Ensenada stop. Will be great to see the gathering.

We booked this cruise this week along with a few other friends.  We're getting off the Panorama the morning of the 19th in Long Beach and making a beeline for San Diego.  Sadly it will only be two ships for our gathering but there's supposed to be special events during entire cruise.  I was looking closer today and it also appears to be a "Journeys" cruise as well???  

Years ago, Carnival Fun Squad, or Entertainment, on each ship, made a video (VHS 😂) of highlights from each cruise. The video was full of music and candid shots from the cruise. They were preordered and sold on the last day and were fun! This could be done for these Sailabration Cruises. We’re on the Pride one. 😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Years ago, Carnival Fun Squad, or Entertainment, on each ship, made a video (VHS 😂) of highlights from each cruise. The video was full of music and candid shots from the cruise. They were preordered and sold on the last day and were fun! This could be done for these Sailabration Cruises. We’re on the Pride one. 😀

I almost forgot about those videos! I do believe I might have one or two......but no VHS player any longer to view them! 😂😂

On 2/21/2020 at 12:13 PM, ChosenOne said:

the one thing they won't bring back: The Male Nightgown Contest.   Funny how back in the mid 80's this was a regular feature and now , in a more accepting time when drag queens, etc. are part of pop culture, they would not bring this hilarious contest back for fear of offending someone.    Glad I started sailing in the days of male vs female beer chugging, pillow fights,  male nightgown contest,  pool games, etc.   

A pajama party might be fun.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 5:08 PM, Shih-tzu said:

We booked this cruise this week along with a few other friends.  We're getting off the Panorama the morning of the 19th in Long Beach and making a beeline for San Diego.  Sadly it will only be two ships for our gathering but there's supposed to be special events during entire cruise.  I was looking closer today and it also appears to be a "Journeys" cruise as well???  

Can't wait to meet you there.

• 1 year later...

My sister-in-law and I are both turning 50 in 2022 (her in June, me in December) and we're on the Glory Sailebration cause we're going to be extra and celebrate all year long along with Carnival!  

This will only be my SIL's second cruise (we cruised for my 40th), but it will be my 15th. I've been sailing since 2003 and I miss a lot of the things already mentioned in previous posts. But I'm just glad to be sailing again (I'm on the Valor in 38 days!)!