Landmark Sale

Bgwest

1 hour ago, lbfluffy said:

Is the Landmark better than the best sale ever?

Maybe yes.  Maybe no.  It depends on if a cruise you want is covered by a particular sale.  It depends if the cabin pricing is good.  It depends on whether the benefits/perks associated with that sale versus another sale have more interest and value to you.  Many cruisers believe that any sale that includes the PBP is a great sale.  Others like more OBC or a better cabin category.  Or free grats. 

The best thing to do is book a cruise itinerary and ship that you want to go on with a refundable deposit code and then monitor future sales promo's and pricing up to Final Payment date and if a better offer (for your situation) comes along, then switch to that.  You want to either book with Princess or a good TA who doesn't charge fees when you re-fare to a new sale, and of course one that gives a discount off the fare (which makes it better than booking with Princess directly).

• Like 2

One must be so very, very careful of how each and every word is used in a post here. Brevity is clearly the enemy. I certainly want to keep all of the establishment experts happy so let’s embellish this, shall we?

camper49,

While the Landmark Sale has been around for a number of years, it dropped again sometime during 2019. I just cannot remember exactly when that occurred so I’m unable to share more details with you.
Given the unfriendly nature of the search function, I haven’t been able to ascertain with any accuracy when this occurred last year. 
Keep an eye out for it, though. You may very well find it to be something beneficial. 

I’m certain that I’ve still left something out but not to worry, someone will come along to get everything all straightened out. 

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Maybe yes.  Maybe no.  It depends on if a cruise you want is covered by a particular sale.  It depends if the cabin pricing is good.  It depends on whether the benefits/perks associated with that sale versus another sale have more interest and value to you.  Many cruisers believe that any sale that includes the PBP is a great sale.  Others like more OBC or a better cabin category.  Or free grats. 

The best thing to do is book a cruise itinerary and ship that you want to go on with a refundable deposit code and then monitor future sales promo's and pricing up to Final Payment date and if a better offer (for your situation) comes along, then switch to that.  You want to either book with Princess or a good TA who doesn't charge fees when you re-fare to a new sale, and of course one that gives a discount off the fare (which makes it better than booking with Princess directly).

Thank you. A previous passenger referred a great TA. I’ve only used  her on my upcoming cruise and she gave be an amazing rate. 

22 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

Thank you. A previous passenger referred a great TA. I’ve only used  her on my upcoming cruise and she gave be an amazing rate. 

Yes, that is nice.  She is not the only one, however.  And that is a good thing.  Free markets make capitalism great.

9 hours ago, Bgwest said:

One must be so very, very careful of how each and every word is used in a post here. Brevity is clearly the enemy. I certainly want to keep all of the establishment experts happy so let’s embellish this, shall we?

camper49,

While the Landmark Sale has been around for a number of years, it dropped again sometime during 2019. I just cannot remember exactly when that occurred so I’m unable to share more details with you.
Given the unfriendly nature of the search function, I haven’t been able to ascertain with any accuracy when this occurred last year. 
Keep an eye out for it, though. You may very well find it to be something beneficial. 

I’m certain that I’ve still left something out but not to worry, someone will come along to get everything all straightened out. 

Not sure why all the careful wording and why you think Landmark was dropped last year.  It did occur at it's normal time and was immediately followed by 3 For Free.  Preceding it was Sip & Sail.

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (July 18, 2019) – Today, Princess Cruises announced its Landmark Sale offering guests up to $1,000 onboard credit per stateroom plus $50 onboard credit for a 3rd and 4th guest booked in the same stateroom. Now through September 3, 2019, the sale includes some of the most sought-after landmarks in Europe, Alaska, Japan and the Caribbean. The sale applies to select cruises and cruisetours sailing from March 2020 to May 2021.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

While the Landmark Sale has been around for a number of years, it dropped again sometime during 2019.

I believe, in this context, that the term "dropped" refers to it's appearance or availability, similar to the term being used to announce the release of a music album, not the removal of the sale.

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (July 18, 2019) – Today, Princess Cruises announced its Landmark Sale offering guests up to $1,000 onboard credit per stateroom plus $50 onboard credit for a 3rd and 4th guest booked in the same stateroom. Now through September 3, 2019, the sale includes some of the most sought-after landmarks in Europe, Alaska, Japan and the Caribbean. The sale applies to select cruises and cruisetours sailing from March 2020 to May 2021.

Now THIS is helpful and useful information. 

• Thanks 1

I booked the landmark sale last year ($500 OBC) and just last week added the benefits of the Best Sale Ever for $480 each. Given that the gratuities would run us $174 and wi-fi $75, it made the beverage package $231 each for 12 nights. I can't justify paying $70 a day, but $19.25 works for me! 

12 minutes ago, camper49 said:

Confused. If you are booked at a certain sale promo & a new one starts ...such as The Best Sale Ever...you don’t have to rebook to get the new sale?? You pay to add the new sale & keep what you have from your previous promo???

Best Sale Ever is unique to this as it is the only sale from Princess that has an "ADD-ON" feature that can be applied to current bookings and you keep that pricing and promotions.. Be aware that some agents, both Princess and TA's are still not aware of this and will tell you it is not available and you MUST re-fare to get the BSE

I'm on my 3rd fare for my Baltic + TA on the Sky in Aug. and my travel agent hasn't told me I have to re-fare, she gives me the latest prices.  I'm sure there are cases where it happens but once again people have to pay attention to their booking(s).

19 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Best Sale Ever is unique to this as it is the only sale from Princess that has an "ADD-ON" feature that can be applied to current bookings and you keep that pricing and promotions.. Be aware that some agents, both Princess and TA's are still not aware of this and will tell you it is not available and you MUST re-fare to get the BSE

19 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Therefore the "Best Sale Ever" 

10 hours ago, PandaBear62 said:

I booked the landmark sale last year ($500 OBC) and just last week added the benefits of the Best Sale Ever for $480 each. Given that the gratuities would run us $174 and wi-fi $75, it made the beverage package $231 each for 12 nights. I can't justify paying $70 a day, but $19.25 works for me! 

You were able to keep your $500 OBC?? I booked Landmark last Aug and got $1000 OBC for my 11-night cruise but my TA said Princess said to get the BSE perks for $540 added to my fare I would lose my Landmark OBC. That adds up to the same if I was to refare right now but now any better than if I kept my current fare with OBC. 

3 minutes ago, NYTwinsMom said:

You were able to keep your $500 OBC?? I booked Landmark last Aug and got $1000 OBC for my 11-night cruise but my TA said Princess said to get the BSE perks for $540 added to my fare I would lose my Landmark OBC. That adds up to the same if I was to refare right now but now any better than if I kept my current fare with OBC. 

your TA 'may' be wrong and doesn't know about the ADD-ON feature of BSE … ask them to recheck using the ADD-ON feature , not a re-fare

keep checking , and escalate this , if necessary as BSE is scheduled to end 2/29

and the BSE add-on fare should be $40 pp pd , so $ 440, not $ 540

14 minutes ago, voljeep said:

your TA 'may' be wrong and doesn't know about the ADD-ON feature of BSE … ask them to recheck using the ADD-ON feature , not a re-fare

keep checking , and escalate this , if necessary as BSE is scheduled to end 2/29

and the BSE add-on fare should be $40 pp pd , so $ 440, not $ 540

I emailed my TA the flyer with info about the add-ons that I found on another CC forum. He said he would call again but there's currently a 20-30 minute hold time. I don't think they would do it if I called since I booked with a TA. 

My TA said the $540 was per cabin not pp. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, susancruzs said:

I'm on my 3rd fare for my Baltic + TA on the Sky in Aug. and my travel agent hasn't told me I have to re-fare, she gives me the latest prices.  I'm sure there are cases where it happens but once again people have to pay attention to their booking(s).

If your TA is giving you the latest prices on an existing booking, she is re-faring.  That is what you call it when your booking price is changed.  If at the time of re-faring, the sales promotion is changed, then you are subject to that as well.

Yes, as people have said above, the BEST part about the B.S.E., is that it is an "add-on" to your current booking!. On two upcoming cruises I was able to add B.S.E. on to my existing bookings and basically have an upscale all inclusive cruise! Except for excursions, of course.  I have two that have pricing for a WS better than a CC mini, OBC, Free Gratuities, Free Wifi, Free Drink Package, and Free Specialty dining!  Since I book WS's, the "add-on" was necessary and so nice.  Paid around $175pp more per cruise and I am a happy camper.  But I still keep my eye out, but doubt I will be able to do better!

Pooh