Harvest Caye Tender?

SeekingtheSun

I called Norwegian yesterday and talked to 2 different people and both said they knew nothing about tendering in caye. One told me if they changed to tendering in a port we would be notified. We cruise out of New Orleans 3/8. That being said I don’t trust Norwegian!

The phone reps often are the last to know anything!  My understanding is that the pier was damaged recently when Escape hit it along the side and has therefore, been closed until the repairs are complete.  The agents you spoke with seem to have put a lot of stock in NCL's communication practices.  We leave next Saturday on Escape and have received nothing regarding tendering but nonetheless, I believe it is happening.

11 minutes ago, HEATH3913 said:

I'll be here in a few weeks. Hopefully it will be fixed, otherwise that's a bummer. We were planning to just hang out at the pool and were hoping to go back on board for lunch.

Exactly the same for us, we wish to go back for lunch. If its on tender, its gonna be more complicated...

I'll stop by Harvest Cay again in 2 weeks on the Escape.  If the dock hasn't been fixed, I'll probably stay onboard.  I've already been to Harvest cay 3 times in the last year and it's no Great Stirrup Cay and for me it's a "meh..." beach stop at best.

10 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

This is the first I'm hearing about them tendering at harvest Caye, so I don't know when it started

I docked there Jan 18th on the Breakaway and it was fine.  I believe it was hit by a ship the week after and it's been tender only since then.  😞

16 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I was on that same sailing 😃

The Jan 11th out of Port Canaveral?  Cool!  I booked it at the last minute for peanuts, my shore excursions (diving) in every port cost me more than the actual cruise! 😉 lol! 

• 3 weeks later...

Just FYI that we just left HC on Escape and it's tender - what a disaster! We had to wait until noon to get off, then stood in line for 45 minutes to get tender back a couple of hours later. Had I known that a beer was $9 and any fruity drink was $13 and we'd spend significantly more time waiting than doing anything else I'd have stayed on the ship for sure. That situation needs to be fixed ASAP by NCL! (Not a single person working on pier.)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Paris334 said:

Just FYI that we just left HC on Escape and it's tender - what a disaster! We had to wait until noon to get off, then stood in line for 45 minutes to get tender back a couple of hours later. Had I known that a beer was $9 and any fruity drink was $13 and we'd spend significantly more time waiting than doing anything else I'd have stayed on the ship for sure. That situation needs to be fixed ASAP by NCL! (Not a single person working on pier.)

Welcome to “island time”. It’ll take weeks, if not months, to get engineers to inspect and design a repair and then Belize officials to sign off. Then it’ll take more weeks/months to get the materials. Then more weeks/months to get crews to actually implement the fixes. It took damn near 2 and a half years to build the suites on GSC, and that’s a revenue-producing item. Non-revenue items like this are less important.