Concierge Lounge on the Odyssey

castle701

Will Diamond Plus be able to visit the Concierge Lounge on the Odyssey? I have previously on the Anthem but I know the rules seem to change all the time. I thought that if there was a Concierge Lounge versus a Suite Lounge, Diamond Plus’s were permitted???

Just now, castle701 said:

Will Diamond Plus be able to visit the Concierge Lounge on the Odyssey? I have previously on the Anthem but I know the rules seem to change all the time. I thought that if there was a Concierge Lounge versus a Suite Lounge, Diamond Plus’s were permitted???

D+ are no longer allowed in the CL on the Anthem. 

The letters that have been sent to passengers try to make it sound temporary, but it’s not. 

Since Odyssey hasn’t sailed yet, we don’t have a definitive answer to your question, but I would say “no”.

And the sign will say Suite Lounge when you get there. 

on paper  in a few spots it may indicate D+ are still afforded access to a Concierge Lounge, but the reality is.. nope.  

it's just taking time to  rename them all Suite Lounges plus the sheer number of D+ on any given cruise these days means the CLs cannot accommodate them and still  maintain the level of service for Suite and Pinnacle pax.  

I'm just waiting to get the email  regarding my Alaska cruise this July stating that Ds will not be allowed into the D lounge any more and will have to use the free drinks coupons loaded for happy Hour.  It will be  our first cruise as D.   just the way my life works.   earn a status and it gets taken away.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, spookwife said:

I'm just waiting to get the email  regarding my Alaska cruise this July stating that Ds will not be allowed into the D lounge any more and will have to use the free drinks coupons loaded for happy Hour.   

What the future holds is hard to predict.

Given the recent development with CLs, it may be a bit too soon for RCL to make another bold move such as refusing DL admittance to Ds.

Also, Alaska cruises tend to have fewer upper tier C&S.  Last August, a Radiance cruise had 7 P and about 170 D+.  Don't recall number of D.

40 minutes ago, spookwife said:

I'm just waiting to get the email  regarding my Alaska cruise this July stating that Ds will not be allowed into the D lounge any more and will have to use the free drinks coupons loaded for happy Hour.  It will be  our first cruise as D.   just the way my life works.   earn a status and it gets taken away.

My crystal ball is no better than yours but IME when they have restricted D+ access to the CL on any ship, the DL experience has been quite good.  The expanded DL experience in 2019 on multiple ships has worked really well and I have no complaints. 

There isn't a shred of evidence that D will be denied access to the DL.  D+ just now are being restricted from the CL on a regular basis, to restrict D from the DL in the same year is a stretch I just can't buy into.  Ten or twenty years from now?  Who knows?

I have a hard time listening to the glass is empty negative nellies who can only see negative and whine about it on and on with or without actually experiencing it.  That's human nature and everyone is free to express their emotions but just like negative reviews that almost always prove to be worthless so are the doom and gloom predictions of how the world is ending in the CAS.  

This will be your first cruise a Diamond.  Congratulations.  Diamond is the most significant achievement in CAS that most guests will ever experience.  Don't let the negative folks on this or any other forum sway you, I predict you will thoroughly enjoy the cruise and your new Diamond benefits.  Keep an open mind, don't listen to them.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

D+ are no longer allowed in the CL on the Anthem. 

The letters that have been sent to passengers try to make it sound temporary, but it’s not. 

Since Odyssey hasn’t sailed yet, we don’t have a definitive answer to your question, but I would say “no”.

And the sign will say Suite Lounge when you get there. 

Compared to other Quantum Class and Spectrum, Odyssey seems to have the least number of what is sometimes deemed as "True Suites" (I.e. Grand Suite and above. I think my last count was something like 23. That having been said maybe they will allow D+ on Odyssey as it may not be that crowded from hose occupying "True Suites". Or somewhat similar to Spectrum, would they allow a certain JS category access to CL. Just a thought. 

21 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

maybe they will allow D+ on Odyssey as it may not be that crowded from hose occupying "True Suites".

First of all it won't launch with a CL but even if it did it's initially operating from home port region with the most D+ in the world.  By shear numbers alone D+ wouldn't be allowed in the CL even if by some fluke it launched with one.   

5 hours ago, twangster said:

First of all it won't launch with a CL but even if it did it's initially operating from home port region with the most D+ in the world.  By shear numbers alone D+ wouldn't be allowed in the CL even if by some fluke it launched with one.   

Good point on that. I guess they need to hurry up and update the deck plans if it will not be a CL this way the D+ people have advance notice so to speak. Now for some who just made D+ and already booked hoping to enjoy the CL for the first time may be disappointed.