RCL Stock

heidikay

40 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

RCL stock down 10% this morning in pre-market trading (CCL too). The new South African Covid variant is causing lots of volatility in the global equity markets. 

Could be Red Friday in equity markets today. 

The market continues to factor in 'mandatory masks'....expect cheap fares after the so-called holiday rush, and the stock to continue downward until they realize people really aren't interested in paying for a masking experience....or follow the news if that's what ya like.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

RCL stock down 10% this morning in pre-market trading (CCL too). The new South African Covid variant is causing lots of volatility in the global equity markets. 

17 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

The market continues to factor in 'mandatory masks'....expect cheap fares after the so-called holiday rush, and the stock to continue downward until they realize people really aren't interested in paying for a masking experience....or follow the news if that's what ya like.

I forgot to include Norwegian (NCLH) but they are also down about the same this morning.  I don't think they have a mandatory mask policy.

4 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

1 step forward , 2 steps back. This is very concerning. 😞  What you are seeing now in Europe is what we might see in the future soon for us.

I believe we need to bring back indoor masking again now.

Even our cruise 9 months from now in Europe looks like may not be a wise move.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

I think prices will drop going further forward. 2k for a solo balcony for sept 11 liberty ... to me it's going to come down. I think there will be more deals. I think the cruising market has shrunk until covid protocols pretty much disappear. People for sure dont like the pretesting, masks. Bubble tours for families etc. 

I keep looking for a solo discount, nothing out of texas. Prices are ok thru may, then kinda super high. Dont think they can fill a ship enough without lowering prices.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Is what it is, the news today is not good? Do you agree?

It's all relative, compared to March 2020, it's just a blip - the cases will have to get really bad for cruising to shut down globally again. For those that are afraid (especially by click bait headlines), it could be the same as March 2020.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

41 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

1 step forward , 2 steps back. This is very concerning. 😞  What you are seeing now in Europe is what we might see in the future soon for us.

I believe we need to bring back indoor masking again now.

Even our cruise 9 months from now in Europe looks like may not be a wise move.

Well, another 'variant' possibly comes in to the global mix.  Will it have the DELTA effect?  Will it have resistance to the 'current' vaccines?  What will be its transmission rate compared to the original and variants?  What are its' mutation quantifications?

A potential mess?

IDK.  It has the potential, and the markets react.

Hopefully, nothing worse than what we've experienced, cases are not symptomatic or lethal and the vaccines are effective.

The cruise industry (and others) really can't weather another 18 months shut down.  There is nothing left, it would appear, to leverage, or market interest in equity (recent placement must be scratching their heads).

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It's all relative, 

This sounds familiar......guess time will tell what effects come out of all of this. Not happy about the stock market now though. Our Disney stock is taking  a hard hit. Sitting here watching it fall is not easy.  Hopefully it will rebound sometime soon.

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This sounds familiar......guess time will tell what effects come out of all of this. Not happy about the stock market now though. Our Disney stock is taking  a hard hit. Sitting here watching it fall is not easy.  Hopefully it will rebound sometime soon.

Definitely time will tell but if this new variant is bad enough to start shutting down international travel and the imposition of lock downs again,  the currently very expensive stock market probably will be getting a lot less expensive. Happy Holidays.

3 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Definitely time will tell but if this new variant is bad enough to start shutting down international travel and the imposition of lock downs again,  the currently very expensive stock market probably will be getting a lot less expensive. Happy Holidays.

We all agree…definitely not time for you to travel yet.

I just check my holdings and as if now, it’s only down about 4%, that sounds better than the total dollar amount, which isn’t pretty. A couple of the holdings are mutual funds but there isn’t a big cruise line holdings in them. I’ve been riding this rollercoaster for almost 35 years, mildly concerned but not ready to jump off a bridge over it. In school, my economics professor preached “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.” We have enough “safe money” that this downturn doesn’t change our lifestyle one iota, not in the next couple of years.

For people who have faith in the industry this might be time to jump in or add to your portfolio. It’s down almost 1/2 of it’s all time high a couple of years ago of about $136 per share. I’m just going to sit back and watch.

14 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

I just check my holdings and as if now, it’s only down about 4%, that sounds better than the total dollar amount, which isn’t pretty. A couple of the holdings are mutual funds but there isn’t a big cruise line holdings in them. I’ve been riding this rollercoaster for almost 35 years, mildly concerned but not ready to jump off a bridge over it. In school, my economics professor preached “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.” We have enough “safe money” that this downturn doesn’t change our lifestyle one iota, not in the next couple of years.

For people who have faith in the industry this might be time to jump in or add to your portfolio. It’s down almost 1/2 of it’s all time high a couple of years ago of about $136 per share. I’m just going to sit back and watch.

Might jump in on some NCL, made a nice profit  back in August 2020 and selling in December 2020

Over all I'm down 2.04 today....still isn't pretty.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bucfan2 said:

We all agree…definitely not time for you to travel yet.

We are actually scheduled to go to an AI in the Caribbean over New Years. We will wait and see what happens over the next few weeks before we decide to cancel or not.  

58 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Might jump in on some NCL, made a nice profit  back in August 2020 and selling in December 2020

Over all I'm down 2.04 today....still isn't pretty.

At least you did better than the S&P 500 today. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

We are actually scheduled to go to an AI in the Caribbean over New Years. We will wait and see what happens over the next few weeks before we decide to cancel or not.  

At least you did better than the S&P 500 today. 

Probably no effect on your AI. They were talking about flights coming from africa possibly stopping is all the details I heard. Wouldnt affect your travel.

They will know in about 2 weeks how effective booster is against this new one. It's a overreaction. But having faucci say lock downs are not out of question scared the markets. It's not like the market didnt know about this variant Wednesday before Thanksgiving.. just some govt talking heads made some noise today. Nothing changed.

28 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

They will know in about 2 weeks how effective booster is against this new one. It's a overreaction. But having faucci say lock downs are not out of question scared the markets. It's not like the market didnt know about this variant Wednesday before Thanksgiving.. just some govt talking heads made some noise today. Nothing changed.

Where did you hear about it on Wednesday? The first I heard about it was after South Africa's Health Minister's  new conference late on Thursday. Afterwards, Asian markets dropped last night, followed by Europe very early this morning and then U.S. markets.  I doubt Dr. Fauci's comments today moved the Tokyo market last night. 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Where did you hear about it on Wednesday? The first I heard about it was after South Africa's Health Minister's  new conference late on Thursday. Afterwards, Asian markets dropped last night, followed by Europe very early this morning and then U.S. markets.  I doubt Dr. Fauci's comments today moved the Tokyo market last night. 

I heard it on the stock market channel before it closed Wednesday that there was a new strain. It was just a mention. I agree that it broke big yesterday, but if they already identified 50 cases in africa, news leaked out by Wednesday when I heard it just as a mention. 

I'm looking trying to find news that doesnt just say when last updated. It was out there late Wednesday usa time. Israel blocked travel thursday and I think we are too now. In order for israel to move on it yesterday they had to have been informed probably the day before at least.

This mentions 50 identified as the new strain in africa. News was leaking by Wednesday. I cant prove I heard it but was just a mention. And maybe that israel was looking at it. I dont remember exactly how it was said except I think they said no cases here yet. 

20211126_140657504.jpeg

The market tanked today with the Dow losing 900 points due to the new strain.  All cruise line stocks (including Royal) were down considerably.  The US has restricted travel from South Africa and seven other African countries. 

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Like 1

LOL! I could have predicted this drop.

I bought my 100 shares for the OBC bonus last week (when it was the 52-week high). Every time in my life -- this is now the third time --  I've purchased an individual stock, it has subsequently plummeted.

I really need to stick to mutual funds and stay away from the stocks that I like.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

LOL! I could have predicted this drop.

I bought my 100 shares for the OBC bonus last week (when it was the 52-week high). Every time in my life -- this is now the third time --  I've purchased an individual stock, it has subsequently plummeted.

I really need to stick to mutual funds and stay away from the stocks that I like.

Ouch....there's hope though -- the stock will probably go back up after Pfizer comes up with something to combat it.  

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Ouch....there's hope though -- the stock will probably go back up after Pfizer comes up with something to combat it.  

I thought both merck and pfeizer both had drugs to combat it, though merck now says theirs avoids only 30% hospitalizations..and the fda is looking at it with pregnant women. 

Drugs are already waiting on approval. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I thought both merck and pfeizer both had drugs to combat it, though merck now says theirs avoids only 30% hospitalizations..and the fda is looking at it with pregnant women. 

Drugs are already waiting on approval. 

Yes, Pfizer just came out with a statement that they can produce the vaccine for the new variant Omicron in 100 days and would need FDA approval.