Specialty Restaurant & Laundry benefits clarification

Jimmycruiser

We will be on a 12 night and 15 night B2B and need clarification. Per website in a veranda plus we will get 2 bags of laundry PER 7 days and one specialty restaurant for 2 EVERY 7 days. So how many do we really get for each cruise? Since veranda plus is new maybe Bonnie will have to answer ? It will make a difference on the real value of the veranda plus category.

If Azamara is consistent with how they treat other suites, your 12 night cruise is 1 “seven days” and your 15 night cruise is considered 2 “seven nights”. Over the course of the back to back you will receive 3 sets of benefits, but you will need to use them on the cruise where they are e earned ( you can’t store up your benefits from the first cruise to use on the second or borrow benefits from the second cruise to use on the first )

i have never been ina veranda plus category, so my response is based on my experience I a suite. Someone else may have more relevant experience. 

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi JimmieCruiser,

Per the Benefits webpage: "Veranda Plus/Suites benefits and Loyalty benefits are already combined. Explorer and above members will get two bags of laundry, per seven days, per stateroom if they book the categories above."

So, you would earn two* bags of complimentary laundry on the first segment, and four* bags of laundry on the second segment of your B2B, and one night in our Specialty Restaurants on first segment, and two nights on second segment. 

Here is our webpage for Veranda Plus Stateroom.

*This is assuming you and your traveling companion are Explorer level or above. If not it is one complimentary bag of laundry per 7 days. 

Just now, BBMacLaird said:

Hi JimmieCruiser,

Per the Benefits webpage: "Veranda Plus/Suites benefits and Loyalty benefits are already combined. Explorer and above members will get two bags of laundry, per seven days, per stateroom if they book the categories above."

So, you would earn two* bags of complimentary laundry on the first segment, and four* bags of laundry on the second segment of your B2B, and one night in our Specialty Restaurants on first segment, and two nights on second segment. 

Here is our webpage for Veranda Plus Stateroom.

*This is assuming you and your traveling companion are Explorer level or above. If not it is one complimentary bag of laundry per 7 days. 

Thanks All for your quick response. I read the benefits but the application of 7 days was not clear thus the question, especially now that our Discover benefits is combinable in suites. ie if we use first 2 bags on day 4 then 7 days later on day 11 you could interpret that you could get 2 more bags during a 12 night cruise. Same with restaurants. Use one on day 3 then one 7 days later on day 10? What you are saying is that we get one laundry or restaurant benefit for cruises up to 13 nights and two for cruises 14 to 20 nights and so on?

It’s the cruise length that counts and the benefits are for each cruise.  A cruise that is over 7 days and under 14 days gets 1 set of benefits, a cruise that is under 7 days gets none, a cruise that is from 14 - 20 days gets 2 sets etc. Being on a back to back does not affect that - each cruise is treated separately for this purpose.

20 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

It’s the cruise length that counts and the benefits are for each cruise.  A cruise that is over 7 days and under 14 days gets 1 set of benefits, a cruise that is under 7 days gets none, a cruise that is from 14 - 20 days gets 2 sets etc. Being on a back to back does not affect that - each cruise is treated separately for this purpose.

Are you sure, we have always bern told the internet benefit is given on five night cruises - we do our first one soon. 

10 minutes ago, uktog said:

Are you sure, we have always bern told the internet benefit is given on five night cruises - we do our first one soon. 

That's my experience on a 5 night cruise. You get the benefits. Also, I've done a b2b and "lost" because of the length of each sector was just short of a full 7 days on two of the legs and was given an extra laundry coupon to compensate. 

Phil 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, excitedofharpenden said:

That's my experience on a 5 night cruise. You get the benefits. Also, I've done a b2b and "lost" because of the length of each sector was just short of a full 7 days on two of the legs and was given an extra laundry coupon to compensate. 

Phil 

I thought that was the case, thanks Phil. I was worried for a moment 

There are no time limits specified for WiFi benefits - it’s only laundry and speciality restaurant bookings that say ‘1 bag of laundry’ and ‘ 1 night of complimentary speciality dining for two’ every 7 days and that’s what jimmycruiser was asking about.

Phil, are you saying that you got a free laundry bag for cruises less than 7 days? 

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

Thanks. That’s what I’d read into your post (hopefully as we would ideally need one given we are sharing over our b2b2b.). It’s hopeless having to share 

6 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I've had laundry coupons on a five night cruise.  

Phil 

That’s interesting -  maybe Bonnie can clarify the official position for cruises of less than 7 days. Does that mean you get one bag for any cruise up to 13 days, two bags for 14-20 days etc.

23 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

That’s interesting -  maybe Bonnie can clarify the official position for cruises of less than 7 days. Does that mean you get one bag for any cruise up to 13 days, two bags for 14-20 days etc.

Yes. That's it I believe.  In reality I don't think Azamara do a 13 night cruise because like me they are triskadekaphobic!  As I say on a b2b I did a 22 night cruise and got 3 followed by a 17 night cruise and received 2 and we were given an extra coupon because on the 7 day multiplier we missed out. 

Phil  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes. That's it I believe.  In reality I don't think Azamara do a 13 night cruise because like me they are triskadekaphobic!  As I say on a b2b I did a 22 night cruise and got 3 followed by a 17 night cruise and received 2 and we were given an extra coupon because on the 7 day multiplier we missed out. 

Phil  

Our 13 night cruise from Miami to Lisbon sails on April 5 and arrives on April 18.  Although we are both Discoverer Plus, we'll have to share one small bag of laundry. This doesn't seem right somehow. (This is our 18th Azamara cruise.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tgg said:

In reality I don't think Azamara do a 13 night cruise ....

Perhaps this was meant as a joke as there have been several 13-nt. Azamara cruises quoted in recent posts I.e. the one above and the one on Mar. 23 Panama Canal referencing the sharing of one tiny laundry bag shared between two people.

Note:  This quote was not from tgg. See "excited... "s quote above.

Edited by Anchor Light

3 hours ago, tgg said:

Our 13 night cruise from Miami to Lisbon sails on April 5 and arrives on April 18.  Although we are both Discoverer Plus, we'll have to share one small bag of laundry. This doesn't seem right somehow. (This is our 18th Azamara cruise.)

You are right!  I stand corrected. Pursuit has a few 13 night cruises. You wouldn't get me on one!  Stupid I know. 

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/1/2020 at 10:09 AM, tgg said:

You are not alone. This has been addressed many times.  Azamara keeps changing. Azamara can change their loyalty program.  You also have laundry options. Bring more clothes, do your own wash, pay to send it out, or stay home. 

On 2/29/2020 at 11:33 PM, BBMacLaird said:

When we were recently on 15 night to New Zealand we only had 1 bag per 7 days ?? And we were in Club Continent, we did ask and told this was correct how come the Veranda gets 4 bags on 15 night? 

1 hour ago, veggieonboard said:

When we were recently on 15 night to New Zealand we only had 1 bag per 7 days ?? And we were in Club Continent, we did ask and told this was correct how come the Veranda gets 4 bags on 15 night? 

I think this is because Azamara have just changed their loyalty club benefits. It used to be the case that if you were in a Suite or Veranda Plus you got EITHER the Suite/Veranda Plus benefit of 1 bag of laundry per 7 days OR the loyalty club benefit for Explorer level or above of 1 bag of laundry per 7 days. That would have been the case when you were on your cruise.
They have now changed so that the benefits are combined, so anyone of Explorer level or above in a Suite/Veranda Plus gets 2 bags of laundry per 7 days.

Hi veggieonboard, 

HGC is correct...the suite and the loyalty benefits now combine, but only for Veranda Plus category and above. See the links I shared in Post#3.

ps Welcome to the forum! Don’t hesitate to ask more questions. We have an amazing community here of past cruisers who can answer all your questions, and I read along daily. 

On 3/6/2020 at 8:18 AM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

They have now changed so that the benefits are combined, so anyone of Explorer level or above in a Suite/Veranda Plus gets 2 bags of laundry per 7 days

Thanks for info, to late for us now we only got back 10 days ago, ut booked 8 months ago, nice to know though for others.

On 3/6/2020 at 1:35 PM, BBMacLaird said:

HGC is correct...the suite and the loyalty benefits now combine, but only for Veranda Plus category and above. See the links I shared in Post#3

Thanks I was just curious as we have only just got back I guess it depends on when you book? We were on 8th Feb to New Zealand for 15 nights, but thanks for info.

7 hours ago, veggieonboard said:

Thanks I was just curious as we have only just got back I guess it depends on when you book? We were on 8th Feb to New Zealand for 15 nights, but thanks for info.

Not when you book, but probably when your cruise starts. This change is very recent. The email announcing it was sent out on 29 February.