“Live From the Explorer” or Z and TB Mambo in the Caribbean

Zqueeze1

Just now, UUNetBill said:

It’s a blast reading their blogs - actually cruising with ‘em has to be quite the chucklefest.

"Z" is the creator of the Margarita and Bloody Mary Society.  It started out with just a few people and grew until the entire pool bar was full.  We met after lunch and somehow I ended drinking more on that cruise on any other cruise but also had a lot of fun.    He is the one person that recognized how shy I really am but was able to bring me out quite a bit (wonder if it was the alcohol!). 

A lovely couple that I met through CC met "Z" and "TB" on their last cruise.  Apparently they got along famously.  Wish that we could get them on "our" cruise next year (the other couple will be there and rumor has it that they are a lot of fun to be with.  We're hoping to visit with the four of them in Miami next March.  

For people that are up against wait-listed cruises for Japan itineraries, our October 2021 cruise (Tokyo to Tokyo) on Explorer still has availability!

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 7:16 PM, hqarangrsl said:

Z,

I have spent the last couple of hours LMAO at your account of your cruise.  You are a truly talented writer and have a great sense of humor.  I have been reading CC Regent Forum for the last 2 or 3 days trying to find something that would help me decide if we wanted to try Regent.  My decision - if you are on the cruise we book - Hell Yes!  My husband and I are both retired military (Me Navy - Him Air Force - I know - a mixed marriage - but we have survived over 31 years!)  Based on some of your terminology and duty stations my guess is you are Air Force....  Thank you so much for making all of the time I've been researching WELL Worth it - just to read your account!

Well better a late reply than no reply. Sorry I took so long, but I sort of checked out from CC for the past few weeks due to all the negativity and talk regarding Covid. It’s like CNN and Fox News had a kid and grew up to be CC.  I’m actually wrapped up pretty tightly, but usually a positive person who hates negative vibes while being  balanced out by The Boss who keeps me on a tight leash. 
You are correct!  I’m retired Air Force, 28 years‘ worth of great fun and lifetime friendships. You know what it can be like. 
Regarding trying out Regent, we were in your position about seven years ago and now, eleven Regent cruises later, we won’t cruise any other line. Here’s why:

-Great food and service. Believe me, I haven’t missed too many meals in my life and love the food. 
-Personable and friendly crew that remember your name or recall meeting you in previous cruises. When you board at the beginning of the cruise, they make you feel as if you are home. 
-Good value. Everything is included. You do not need to spend a dime if you don’t want to. 
-You never feel crowded or rushed. The ships have some of the industry’s largest passenger to space ratio. 
-Did I mentioned the chow?  It ain’t C rats or MREs. 
-I can practice my cannonballs in my speedo and still look good cause at 59 I’m still one of the younger guys onboard. 
-Most of all, the people you meet are extremely interesting and friendly. We have made some great friends on every cruise to include a couple from Texas which we cruise with regularly, two crazy sisters, and fellow plank owners of the Bloody Mary and Margarita Society. 
-Finally and foremost: FREE BOOZE 🥃!!!!  I’m talking belly up to the pool bar, strap on to a seat, and knock them down if you want to. 

I hope you read this and let us know if you decided to book with Regent.  We are hoping to be on the 28 Nov 20 Splendor cruise.  If you book it, be aware that there are about five couples we know that will also be cruising so it should be a blast. Plus, you get to meet the lovely Boss who happens to have married me 37 years ago today. 
Z and TB

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UUNetBill said:

Not Z but couldn’t not chime in...I’m 20 year retired USAF, my father-in-law and daughter are USN, brother, cousin, and a few uncles were USA, brother-in-law is USMC, and there’s probably a Coastie or two in there somewhere.  Needless to say, family reunions are interesting.

FWIW, there was a veteran’s lunch on my last cruise and I almost didn’t attend as I just assumed it would be some old field-grade or higher officers reliving the glory days - man, was I wrong!!  Met some great people who made the rest of the cruise a blast.

My wife and I started cruising on Regent in 2009 when we were 40 and 48, respectively, and we’ve always found fun and interesting people to hang with.

Having said all of that, I still need to find a way to cruise with Z and TB.

Bill:  would love to cruise with yous also. Not only because we are USAF brothers, but you also live in one of my old haunts, South Carolina. You can bring us some good BBQ and I can tell you about the great BBQ massacre of 1992 conducted by The Boss. 
We have four upcoming Regent cruises. Pick one and we can rock the boat!

Z and TB

1 hour ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Bill:  would love to cruise with yous also. Not only because we are USAF brothers, but you also live in one of my old haunts, South Carolina. You can bring us some good BBQ and I can tell you about the great BBQ massacre of 1992 conducted by The Boss. 
We have four upcoming Regent cruises. Pick one and we can rock the boat!

Z and TB

Z - we have four booked, too... we’ll need to compare notes and see if any match up...

On 6/4/2020 at 9:18 PM, Travelcat2 said:

"Z". HAPPY ANNIVERSARY🍾  Sending hugs to you both!

Thank you!  We went to our favorite Italian restaurant for our anniversary dinner.  We love the place, but Pietro, the chef, moved on so the food was not as good. But, the wine was excellent!  
It was so weird going to a restaurant after not having been to one for so long. Last time we ate out was on the Explorer on 12 March at an epic dinner with the usual suspects in Prime 7.  
Z and TB

A belated Happy Anniversary to you both! Must've been asleep at the switch when you anniversary info came thru!

John and I are going to Newport next weekend to celebrate our 50th with Elizabeth and Bob. Imagine being with the same man for 50 years! OMG!! haha!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Thank you!  We went to our favorite Italian restaurant for our anniversary dinner.  We love the place, but Pietro, the chef, moved on so the food was not as good. But, the wine was excellent!  
It was so weird going to a restaurant after not having been to one for so long. Last time we ate out was on the Explorer on 12 March at an epic dinner with the usual suspects in Prime 7.  
Z and TB

Our city just opened up for restaurants.  We haven't tried it yet but it will be interesting!  I suspect that we will find that some people have moved on but hope that some of them will be the same.  We will be going out on Monday to our favorite brewery.  

Glad to hear that you spent your anniversary at your favorite Italian restaurant.  While our cruise isn't until November and our anniversary is in October, we want to celebrate on Explorer (and in 2021, we depart for Japan on Explorer on the day of our anniversary).  Fingers crossed that all of this will happen!

• Like 1

BE CAREFUL!!   Things opened up here in Switzerland about 6 weeks ago.  Garden Centres, hairdressers etc.  Then mid May restaurants, bars etc.  NOW (10 June) we suddenly have new cases including nurses' aides in our local hospital.  60 have been quarantined.   It's OK when things open up IF you are vigilant, wash your hands all the time, don't stay in enclosed spaces.  Just watch out.  This virus has not gone away...yet.

• Like 1

Last evening was our first outing for dinner. We went to a lovely restaurant with outdoor dining on the intra costal waterway. 
At first, I was very nervous  People were entering the deck without masks. We entered the restaurant masked.  Of course, everyone seated was at least 6 feet apart and weren’t wearing masks to dine. After we were seated, we were unmasked as well. 
As time went by, I began to relax. The dinner was delicious. Seeing folks around me, made me feel human again. 
It was at that moment that I knew our decision to sail again was correct, for us. 
sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers