Funny pricing indeed

Was mock booking since I got an email about some potential deals.  Seems they have a KSF sale and 60% off second guest:

Freedom ot Seas Southern caribbean in April 2020.    SMH at the pricing..... "Kids Sale Free" my ass....  I attached an image of the summary for an interior guarantee for 2 adults (left) and 2 adults 2 kids (right).   I would have expected a price close to that of 2 adults, not twice the price! 

RCI pricing.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, young_ens said:

Was mock booking since I got an email about some potential deals.  Seems they have a KSF sale and 60% off second guest:

Freedom ot Seas Southern caribbean in April 2020.    SMH at the pricing..... "Kids Sale Free" my ass....  I attached an image of the summary for an interior guarantee for 2 adults (left) and 2 adults 2 kids (right).   I would have expected a price close to that of 2 adults, not twice the price! 

RCI pricing.png

You can not compare those 2 cabins as they are different categories.

Compare a cabin with 4 adults to a cabin with 2 adults and 2 kids. 

Quad cabins always command a higher higher rate for guest 1 and 2 as there are fewer of those cabins. 

IMO...it is the 4 in a cabin ...there could be lots of families on this cruise and you might be better off putting 2 people in 2 cabins..It happened to me on Oasis...the problem is...the ship can only accomadate so many "souls" so they need to cut down on passenger #, so rooms with more passengers cost more

Edited by Scoobydobe7

I get they're different categories but apparently the same square footage.  Both also have washrooms, TVs, etc.  Difference must be in a Pullman or couch-to-sofa.   

Don't know why I didn't select 4 adults....  Just did it: $2100  for 4 adults.......

Try mocking it on a Junior Suite instead. The majority are built for 3 or more guests, and the price within a booking for 2 adults vs 2 adults and 2 kids should be pretty much the same. Nonetheless, you still need to pay $250 per person for the deposit even though the kids are free. I have a booking for September this year on the same cruise and I’m traveling with my kid. I only paid the taxes, gratuities and the insurance for the little one. Wife and I were full price. When mocking it without the kid there was no price difference.

So it depends on the stateroom category, and there are a lot of categories for interior, ocean view and balcony, in contrast to a Junior Suite where there are only 2, J4 for 2 guests and J3 for 3 and 4 guests. The variance in categories alternates the price of each cabin. You may not fit 4 people in a 2 person cabin. 

I just tried a booking on Freedom of the Seas, April 26, 2020.

Interior stateroom.

The exact same room (room 9371) is showing $2051 for 4 adults and $1445 for 2 adults 2 kids. 

$318 in taxes and fees.

I think it's more than half the price because of taxes and fees (which kids pay), and possibly because adults #3 and #4 get 30% off while kids get 100% off. 

Edited by SG65CB

On 3/2/2020 at 10:06 PM, SG65CB said:

I just tried a booking on Freedom of the Seas, April 26, 2020.

Interior stateroom.

The exact same room (room 9371) is showing $2051 for 4 adults and $1445 for 2 adults 2 kids. 

$318 in taxes and fees.

I think it's more than half the price because of taxes and fees (which kids pay), and possibly because adults #3 and #4 get 30% off while kids get 100% off. 

It turns out that the third and fourth guest cost less than first and second, that's why KSF is not half the price of 4 adults.