Should Cruise Critic Create a Corona Discussion Forum

Lately the Celebrity Discussion board has been inundated with people posting all kinds of things about Corona Virus that has nothing to do with Celebrity which is the purpose of this board.  It seems to me that a specific forum on this subject that affect all cruise lines might be a more appropriate area for this discussion. 

Personally I've been spending more time on the Social Network sight that we aren't permitted to name because there is so much more discussion of the subject at hand than fearmongering and complaining.  Just laying it out there to see how others feel.   I could of course be totally off base and welcome hearing your opinion.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Personally I've been spending more time on the Social Network sight that we aren't permitted to name because there is so much more discussion of the subject at hand than fearmongering and complaining.

One of the moderators has banned any discussion of the virus.

I know that threads on here have been moved, but still they multiply.

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

Just now, upwarduk said:

One of the moderators has banned any discussion of the virus.

I'm happy to hear that.    Banning it might be just as good as having a specific area to discuss.  I see so much misinformation that I have started just ignoring these threads.   While it may be banned there are still at least 3-4 active threads on the Celebrity Forum.

• Like 1

I’m glad that there are still threads on multiple boards. I have cruises on different lines, and some threads offer different insight than other threads. It’s my prerogative to ignore them if I want. I’d hate to see hosts start to decide which threads have value to me, or are more accurate than others. If I feel the need to question a posts accuracy, I have tools to do that.

And if a non Celebrity post drops in here, maybe it’ll have some info that relates to my sailing. I’d guess that 75% of the posts on a Celebrity Corona thread would still be relevant...about the same % of any other thread....

Edited by clojacks
  • Like 3

I'm good with the current system. The majority of posts here relate to Celebrity, albeit indirectly at times, but any discussion of Celebrity and it's related decisions require some understanding of what's happening with COVID-19.

Howdy! emo22.gif 

For questions/comments/feedback regarding the Cruise Critic community please email the Community Manager per the following portions of the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums.  Your post will be removed and you may receive a Guideline Reminder.  However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com...

... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com...

... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com...

When sending your email to the Community Manager, please send it from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to include your user name.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Additional information.