Is it OK to bring a multi-outlet USB charger on board?

Yes, that is exactly what I have been bringing for last 2+ years.   Never had anyone question it.

I find most times the usb charger / plug is broken on or malfunctioning on ships so we always bring our own USB charger with multi outlets.   

I bought a universal usb plate with all kinds if outlets and an external charger. Its very handy. Its been with me wherever I go. It can charge many devices at once and its quite small and perfectly fits in my pocket. The problem is I haven't seen anything similar. Aliexpress isnt the best place to buy such thing and the store in UAE is closed. If I only knew the exact name of this device I would have ordered a few 

We use a "Photive" 5 port charger, as well as charging individual charger for watch, phone, computer and iPad.  Additionally we also bring a couple different adapter plugs so we are not confined to one type plug when there may be several different types of plugs available.  (Also be aware of 110 vs 220V or 50/60 cycle currents.)

Have never had a problem in any river/ocean cruise ship.

Edited by DaKa2002
Correct sentence

I have, and swear by, several Anker chargers.  Taken one on my last 3 cruises on both RCI and NCL and never been questioned.

I have older versions of this unit but they make them without USB-C if you don't need it but I'd get one with it as most devices are going that route - https://www.anker.com/products/variant/powerport-speed-pd-5/A2056111

It's a "luck of the draw" or "unlucky".  We've always taken one, but last year on Mariner of the Seas, it was withheld until the end of the cruise.  Maybe because it was a surge protector or just random?  Others in our group were just fine.  There was a very small table at the end of the cruise that had maybe 10 on there.

Heard that if you go to Guest Services, you can borrow one during the cruise.  Anyone know if this is true?