Anthem first week of April

Currently book for first week of April on Anthem. Not sure if we are going on cruise or not due to concerns over virus. More worried about potentially being quarantined then my ability to fight virus. Anybody else out there have any thoughts our opinions? (I may be sorry I asked.... )

Exactly.  We are on that cruise, and plan to try to keep from being run over.  Maybe they will keep us aboard to finish quarantine on the TA.  It looks like there are cabins left for that sailing. 

I will also be on that cruise and worries about my parents traveling with us.  Im not worried about my family or the kids but yes the quarantine is what is scaring me because we are in an inside cabin.  My biggest regret now.  I may have to cancel and take the penalties if things dont get better.  

19 minutes ago, Funnykitty31 said:

I will also be on that cruise and worries about my parents traveling with us.  Im not worried about my family or the kids but yes the quarantine is what is scaring me because we are in an inside cabin.  My biggest regret now.  I may have to cancel and take the penalties if things dont get better.  

I have similar fears that there could be a quarantine and I would be stuck on the boat...

Edited by cvasto

My husband doesnt seem worried.  Although if they offered full refund he will take it I believe. 

We are waiting to see what happens after all the March break travels, because things can change drastically in 3 weeks.  

I couldnt even imagine right now being stuck in an inside cabin with 10 and 8 year old boys. That scares me more than this virus!

1 hour ago, Funnykitty31 said:

I will also be on that cruise and worries about my parents traveling with us.  I'm not worried about my family or the kids but yes the quarantine is what is scaring me because we are in an inside cabin.  My biggest regret now.  I may have to cancel and take the penalties if things don't get better.  

Look on line.  You may be able to upgrade yourselves to a balcony without much cost.

1 hour ago, cvasto said:

I have similar fears that there could be a quarantine and I would be stuck on the ship...

53 minutes ago, Funnykitty31 said:

My husband doesn't seem worried.  Although if they offered full refund he will take it I believe. 

We are waiting to see what happens after all the March break travels, because things can change drastically in 3 weeks.  

I couldn't even imagine right now being stuck in an inside cabin with 10 and 8 year old boys. That scares me more than this virus!

Definitely check for a cabin with a balcony!  😲

58 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We are on the 3/22 sailing. Live in CT, so no planes involved. Unless they cancel it, I'm going. 

mac_tlc

Most people do get sick from the plane ride before. That happened to me one year, so I prefer to drive to the port if possible.   

We are also on this cruise in a balcony. Had a bid in on a Junior Suite and cancelled it for the same reason as stated above. If I choose to cancel, bad enough to lose the fare I already paid. Don’t want to lose the bid on top of it if we decide not to go. 

I am going on the 3/29 sailing of Anthem of the Seas. If we choose to cancel, between my cabin and my parents cabin we would loose about $7,000. Not an option and not interested in another sailing. So we are bucking up and bringing lots of hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes and gloves and being mindful about our surroundings. Any one else on the ship now? How are things? I will update when I get back....

On 3/4/2020 at 4:00 PM, cvasto said:

Currently book for first week of April on Anthem. Not sure if we are going on cruise or not due to concerns over virus. More worried about potentially being quarantined then my ability to fight virus. Anybody else out there have any thoughts our opinions? (I may be sorry I asked.... )

Tens of thousands of passengers sail every week. The probability of you getting quarantined is very low. And more low with the enhanced screening to try and prevent anyone with a questionable travel history or current medical issues from boarding. Yup, incubation is 14 days,,, but again, you need to be exposed to the virus and catch the virus to get sick.

Don't worry. Enjoy your cruise (we're sailing in a few weeks with no thoughts of changing that). 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 8:24 PM, mac_tlc said:

We are on the 3/22 sailing. Live in CT, so no planes involved. Unless they cancel it, I'm going. 

mac_tlc

Us too.  No intention of canceling this cruise.  I'm overloading myself with vitamins, and going to take some extra precautions while onboard.  We need this vacation, lol.

12 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Normal sailing, well, except the weather on the way back to Bayonne has closed the top deck cancelling Ripcord and Flowrider.

Good to hear!  Keep the ship clean for us.