LIVE! B2B on the Grandeur March 7-27, 2020 with Dragon of the Seas

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

I assume they will want the 14 day self quarantine...unless the Grandeur never makes a stop...

🤪 at the rate we are going, we will have successfully completed a 14 day quarantine when we get back to Baltimore!!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I assume they will want the 14 day self quarantine...unless the Grandeur never makes a stop...

Thanks to all of you for the updates. Yes, that does seem to take care of the second cruise.  I will give you an update--or you can give me one if there is more information.

35 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Thanks to all of you for the updates. Yes, that does seem to take care of the second cruise.  I will give you an update--or you can give me one if there is more information.

Wishing you and your fellow passengers all the best. 
Be safe and healthy and get back to home sweet home.

I just went up to the Windjammer to get some cheese and crackers since we eat at 8pm.  Imagine my surprise to see a sign that the Windjammer was closed for dinner.  It was not a problem for me but the Park Café is the only other venue than the MDR on the Grandeur.  They were not prepared for the rush.  They were serving pizza and some prepared sandwiches.  They said they would have hamburger and hotdogs soon.  The Windjammer would have opened at 5:30pm and this was 6:45.  

It makes me wonder if there is more noro onboard than they are telling us.  . . . just saying. 

Also, we have not had any announcement yet regarding the closure of Cruise Maryland.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Also, we have not had any announcement yet regarding the closure of Cruise Maryland.

Wonder why they are delaying the announcement?? I would think they would want to let passengers know what the situation is, instead of a lot of rumors that are probably starting to flow.

Have a safe trip back and don't forget to washy, washy. Had to add some humor.

1 hour ago, retiredgram said:

Wonder why they are delaying the announcement?? I would think they would want to let passengers know what the situation is, instead of a lot of rumors that are probably starting to flow.

Have a safe trip back and don't forget to washy, washy. Had to add some humor.

I agree.  Our waiter said there would be an announcement tonight.  

HaHa--we have been doing lots of washing.  I have the cleanest hands I have EVER had. 🤣

• Like 1

I'm so sorry for all of you. I was hoping for the best. We were scheduled to be on the 2nd week, but after much deliberation decided to cancel today, but then we rebooked already for next March.

Wishing you all safe travels wherever the Grandeur might be heading next. Hope all goes well when arriving back in Baltimore too. How quickly the world has changed since the beginning of the year. This situation is surely unprecedented in our lifetime. Stay healthy everyone....

Edited by OnTheJourney

15 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

I'm so sorry for all of you. I was hoping for the best. We were scheduled to be on the 2nd week, but after much deliberation decided to cancel today, but then we rebooked already for next March.

Wishing you all safe travels wherever the Grandeur might be heading next. Hope all goes well when arriving back in Baltimore too. How quickly the world has changed since the beginning of the year. This situation is surely unprecedented in our lifetime. Stay healthy everyone....

Thanks, we may need all the well wishes. The change is amazing.

37 minutes ago, dixieva said:

Are you allowed to dock in Dominica today?

Yes!!! Here we are in beautiful Dominica.  They only place that is willing to take a chance on us. 😀

We do not have an excursion booked here.  3/4 of the excursion listed from the ship were "adventure" excursion.  [i.e hiking, 4x4, etc]  We are not really up for that.  They all urge you to take along insect repellant.  I brought that with me thank goodness. Here are a couple of pictures from the port area which is right in town.  Roseau is said to be the smallest capital in the Caribbean.

20200313_083557.thumb.jpg.5be53619314b571102200522abee3196.jpg

There is an open air market right by the pier.  We will need to spend some money here to make it worth their while to welcome us.  

20200313_083603.thumb.jpg.82f510ec8a1444a5ddd5e542e28d9102.jpg

20200313_083835.thumb.jpg.2caa1a0f82081d33c3512fc582676093.jpg

It is great to be going ashore.

20200313_083709.thumb.jpg.e05960dcb9325b877a36c3f0e49af373.jpg

We are going ashore so we will talk to you later.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Yes!!! Here we are in beautiful Dominica.  They only place that is willing to take a chance on us. 😀

We do not have an excursion booked here.  3/4 of the excursion listed from the ship were "adventure" excursion.  [i.e hiking, 4x4, etc]  We are not really up for that.  They all urge you to take along insect repellant.  I brought that with me thank goodness. Here are a couple of pictures from the port area which is right in town.  Roseau is said to be the smallest capital in the Caribbean.

20200313_083557.thumb.jpg.5be53619314b571102200522abee3196.jpg

There is an open air market right by the pier.  We will need to spend some money here to make it worth their while to welcome us.  

20200313_083603.thumb.jpg.82f510ec8a1444a5ddd5e542e28d9102.jpg

20200313_083835.thumb.jpg.2caa1a0f82081d33c3512fc582676093.jpg

It is great to be going ashore.

20200313_083709.thumb.jpg.e05960dcb9325b877a36c3f0e49af373.jpg

We are going ashore so we will talk to you later.

Hi there! My parents are aboard Grandeur of the Seas and I'm unable to get in touch with them. Has anyone seen or heard from Debbie and Mike Lipinski? They were supposed to call/text when they got to an island, but it's been radio silence from them. We're especially worried since they both have some preexisting health conditions. Photo attached. Unfortunately I don't have their cabin number at this time. Thanks!

md.jpg