New travel warning

Taclin01

So my travel decision was made for me today. Doctor advised my wife that we can travel but on return my wife would be subject to a 15 day mandatory self quarantine due to her beIng a classroom teacher and her school district has already closed for this week due to a child’s parent being a confirmed CV case. 

Not wanting to be quarantined for 15 days pretty much makes our decision to cancel. 

So my travel decision was made for me today. Doctor advised my wife that we can travel but on return my wife would be subject to a 15 day mandatory self quarantine due to her beIng a classroom teacher and her school district has already closed for this week due to a child’s parent being a confirmed CV case. 

Not wanting to be quarantined for 15 days pretty much makes our decision to cancel. 

Sorry to hear that, sadly this is escalating very quickly now and it’s only going to get worse.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Hllb said:

No someone from the state department said it on a news program this morning.

yes, I am more concerned now, but more so that this may kill the cruise industry, at least for now. I still don’t understand how they can do all of the port refusals and quarantines for ships but yet flights? No problem, come on in. And we won’t take your temperature and we aren’t going to clean the plane either.

Excellent point

20 hours ago, alwaysonaship said:

We travel a lot...but at this point we are staying home. There is no point in getting sick from flying, being on a ship, or being quarantined 

If its in the USA, you can stay in your house and not catch anything, but if you go to supermarkets, malls, cinemas, restaurants, bars, hospitals, if you touch anything the sick person before you touched, you got it. Get the MSG. Not going on a cruise ship will not stop it at this point.

Our cruise isnt until the end of May, so we still have time to decide. I have health issues and will cancel if it doesnt get any better. Where will we go instead. Nowhere. Our vacation $ for this year is tied up in the cruise. We treated ourselves to a Celebrity Suite for our 45th anniversary. We got a good deal, but still there is nothing else in this years piggy bank.

42 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Thanks!  I was hoping for more clarification.

Tony Fauci has been the Director of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Disease since 1984. Six administrations. He's possibly the most respected infectious disease physician and researcher in the world. He was also born and raised in Brooklyn.  If he said something this weekend, he meant it...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, M&Msmom said:

Our cruise isnt until the end of May, so we still have time to decide. I have health issues and will cancel if it doesnt get any better. Where will we go instead. Nowhere. Our vacation $ for this year is tied up in the cruise. We treated ourselves to a Celebrity Suite for our 45th anniversary. We got a good deal, but still there is nothing else in this years piggy bank.

A wise decision, you want to celebrate your 46th anniversary and many more!