Carnival conspiracy theory for OBC

Wife and I were talking this weekend...Seems very coincidental that Carnival started offering OBC to keep your cruise the same weekend the Panorama was almost quarantined.

I speculate, with little facts to go on mind you, that Carnival staff on Panoramo notified HQ that they had a possible Covid19 case and the damage control staff at Carnival said, if this thing looks to go south, we need to get in front of this with a sweet offer to keep peoples bookings.

We figured that the offer was put out while the ship was still at sea and before the press could turn it into another Princess debacle.

Just my tinfoil hat speculation but it all seems a little fishy.

47 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

Wife and I were talking this weekend...Seems very coincidental that Carnival started offering OBC to keep your cruise the same weekend the Panorama was almost quarantined.

I speculate, with little facts to go on mind you, that Carnival staff on Panoramo notified HQ that they had a possible Covid19 case and the damage control staff at Carnival said, if this thing looks to go south, we need to get in front of this with a sweet offer to keep peoples bookings.

We figured that the offer was put out while the ship was still at sea and before the press could turn it into another Princess debacle.

Just my tinfoil hat speculation but it all seems a little fishy.

And how does an almost quarantined work? Is that like almost pregnant? Panorama was not quarantined was it?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rvsullivan said:

Panorama was not quarantined was it?

Their debarkation and embarkation was delayed almost 24 hours this last weekend when a person was removed and tested. The first communication from Carnival was that it was going to take until 6pm to get the results. They didn't receive the results until early the next morning.

All guests were forced to stay on another 18 hours until the test results came back.

I believe that the letter was released as a means of slowing down the cancellations and appeasing shareholders. 

At the end of the day, with the FCC aproach, they will still have your money. They just get it at a later date. They are also left with the option of keeping your money on the later cruise, even if COVID-19 is still a problem. 

I also suspect that when cruises now face delays and changes, they will take the position that we all got $200 in advance as compensation, so nothing further will be coming our way. As such, they may have effectively positioned themselves to avoid further customer care payouts. 

• Like 2