Reprice after making final payment

kte55

We are booked on RC Oasis of the Seas leaving NJ on 5/17/20. We are currently in the Central Park Balcony and a Central Park Window view. The price we paid compared to the current pricing is significantly less. Based on posters history and knowledge, is it possible to get a reprice after you've already paid your balance in full? Our final payment was due in February. We paid it off when we booked. 

I have no intention on canceling. If the ship is still sailing on the day we will all be on it!

Thank you. They were going to upgrade us to a ocean balcony last week but declined. The CP view with a window was originally an inside cabin. This was before the Cruise with Confidence policy about 3 weeks ago. Let me try and give them a call to see if they will upgrade us again. 

What about an OBC?

1 minute ago, kte55 said:

Thank you. They were going to upgrade us to a ocean balcony last week but declined. The CP view with a window was originally an inside cabin. This was before the Cruise with Confidence policy about 3 weeks ago. Let me try and give them a call to see if they will upgrade us again. 

What about an OBC?

no OBC either.  after final your only option is upgrade

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

no OBC either.  after final your only option is upgrade

Personally, I always look at the bottom line.  If my cost savings is more than 25% (that's the cancellation fee after final payment), then I would go for a cancel/rebook.  It's RCCL's choice whether to go through the hassle of doing that or give me an obc.  I wouldn't hesitate to cancel and rebook the same cabin if it was more than a 25% savings.

6 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

No refund, but you can upgrade at the prevailing rates, which may result in no additional or minimal cost. 

I was able to upgrade our May 9th cruise from a deck 6 inside to a deck 9 OV.  I was able to keep my OBC.

I was on the phone with the TA for 2 hrs and 37 mins. They upgraded one of our bookings to central park with a balcony from a porthole. They wanted to upgrade the other booking to an ocean view balcony but I declined, I'd rather keep the central park balcony. We keep our OBC for both rooms. 

3 minutes ago, kte55 said:

I was on the phone with the TA for 2 hrs and 37 mins. They upgraded one of our bookings to central park with a balcony from a porthole. They wanted to upgrade the other booking to an ocean view balcony but I declined, I'd rather keep the central park balcony. We keep our OBC for both rooms. 

why

4 hours ago, pcur said:

Personally, I always look at the bottom line.  If my cost savings is more than 25% (that's the cancellation fee after final payment), then I would go for a cancel/rebook.  It's RCCL's choice whether to go through the hassle of doing that or give me an obc.  I wouldn't hesitate to cancel and rebook the same cabin if it was more than a 25% savings.

I thought about cancel/rebook because it is $1k less than what we originally paid for the same room BUT we are at 50% cancellation fee. 

Edited by kte55

Just now, cruisinfanatic said:

They wanted to upgrade the other booking to an ocean view balcony but I declined

Oh, because I am not interested in being over the water like that. I've never been interested in a balcony on any of the cruises I've been on. I prefer the central park view. I know it's weird because I am on a cruise but I am not one that walks along the railing and looks out to the ocean. It may sound odd since I am on a cruise but I am afraid of heights and cannot swim. This is my 11th cruise

I’m so confused as to how all of you are calling and getting these free upgrades? My TA called and was told that they noted my reservation that I was interested in an upgrade if available and would need to wait for an email. I have 2 interior rooms and I see online that OVB are cheaper than what I paid for interior! I just don’t get it. Should I be more persistent with my TA?

10 minutes ago, kev97rach said:

I’m so confused as to how all of you are calling and getting these free upgrades? My TA called and was told that they noted my reservation that I was interested in an upgrade if available and would need to wait for an email. I have 2 interior rooms and I see online that OVB are cheaper than what I paid for interior! I just don’t get it. Should I be more persistent with my TA?

I wasn't persistent at all. I just called and made the request both times. My first request was just a shot in the dark as I just wanted free stuff and they upgraded one room and offered to upgrade the second. The second time I called because I checked pricing and saw that the central park balcony was cheaper than the central park view. My TA called RC and they upgraded with no issue. Who is your TA? These cruise lines don't want people to cancel so they are doing what they can to accommodate. My TA gave me her email and told me to email her next week to see if there is anything else they can give us with no extra cost. 

1 hour ago, kte55 said:

I wasn't persistent at all. I just called and made the request both times. My first request was just a shot in the dark as I just wanted free stuff and they upgraded one room and offered to upgrade the second. The second time I called because I checked pricing and saw that the central park balcony was cheaper than the central park view. My TA called RC and they upgraded with no issue. Who is your TA? These cruise lines don't want people to cancel so they are doing what they can to accommodate. My TA gave me her email and told me to email her next week to see if there is anything else they can give us with no extra cost. 

I just contacted my TA again and kindly asked her to recheck about free upgrades because of the price decrease and she said she will be glad to check again because things keep changing and that it might take a while but she will let me know. Fingers crossed!! 

I have 2 cruises end of April/May, one dropped by over £1000 GBP and when I called RCI they would not do the price drop (even though it was just before final payment), when I said it was cheaper to cancel, loose the deposit and rebook they did tell me to do that (it was the day that the new policy came out), the other cruise has dropped though enough to go up to a balcony cabin, but, I've called twice and they refuse to do it without charging me a penalty even though the price has dropped a lot.  I am watching it and if it goes further will look at cancelling and rebooking and using the FCC for other cruises I have reserved.

2 hours ago, kev97rach said:

These are not free upgrades.  After final you can generally rebook to a higher category cabin.  If a higher price currently you pay the difference between what you paid and current price.  If a lower price you get the new room but no refund of the difference.

1 minute ago, LeeW said:

These are not free upgrades.  After final you can generally rebook to a higher category cabin.  If a higher price currently you pay the difference between what you paid and current price.  If a lower price you get the new room but no refund of the difference.

Yes, maybe I'm wording it wrong, I'm new to all of this, never cruised on Royal before. I realize it's not "free" upgrade, but if a better room is less than what I currently have, then I would like to be upgraded to a better room and I know I won't actually get a refund of the price difference which is fine, just would like a nicer room for what I already paid if one is available. Waiting to hear back from my TA. 

2 hours ago, welshrich said:

I have 2 cruises end of April/May, one dropped by over £1000 GBP and when I called RCI they would not do the price drop (even though it was just before final payment), when I said it was cheaper to cancel, loose the deposit and rebook they did tell me to do that (it was the day that the new policy came out), the other cruise has dropped though enough to go up to a balcony cabin, but, I've called twice and they refuse to do it without charging me a penalty even though the price has dropped a lot.  I am watching it and if it goes further will look at cancelling and rebooking and using the FCC for other cruises I have reserved.

Same thing last week I cancelled one booking because they refused to upgrade me - so i rebooked got a better cabin better OBC and will use the FCC for our cruise in December I told them it was farcical 

6 hours ago, kev97rach said:

Yes, maybe I'm wording it wrong, I'm new to all of this, never cruised on Royal before. I realize it's not "free" upgrade, but if a better room is less than what I currently have, then I would like to be upgraded to a better room and I know I won't actually get a refund of the price difference which is fine, just would like a nicer room for what I already paid if one is available. Waiting to hear back from my TA. 

You have to use the right terms.

You ask your TA to price a higher level cabin, and ask how much the price difference is.  

NOT ask for a free upgrade.

• Like 1

Upgraded my Central Park Balcony to Ocean View Balcony for no additional charge on the Oasis May 24th out of NJ.  Kept my $205 onboard credit, free gratuities, and free speciality dining for 2 that I received from travel agent.  

7 hours ago, welshrich said:

Price drop and upgrade rules might be different for UK customers. I remember reading about it here, but can't remember the details. Hopefully someone else can provide details. 

My TA was able to upgrade me from inside cabin to ocean view with no additional charge but RC refused to put us in an ocean view balcony even though the price was still less than my interior cabin. TA said they are voicing their opinions to the cruise line about rewarding those who are not cancelling with the repriced cabins so hopefully they will listen and do more upgrades fot people!