Splendor! 14th March 2020 - Live JOINT blog

Hambagahle

2 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Our TA advised us last night that our cruise is exempt from needing a medical statement from our doctor but it will be required in the future.  Will post more about this on the coronavirus thread.

Just talked to Regent, this is not a Regent policy.  The US Gov "may" ask for this and it's not a US policy yet.

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

Just talked to Regent, this is not a Regent policy.  The US Gov "may" ask for this and it's not a US policy yet.

Interesting.  Our TA sent us a copy of the form and the rules and said that our cruise is exempt.  So, it is likely that the forms were sent to us prematurely or the people that answer the phone at Regent are not aware of it as yet.  Time will tell.

I copied and pasted this:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR VOYAGE 

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Partner, 

To ensure the safety and well-being of all Regent guests and crew worldwide, all guests aged 70 and older must now provide a Certificate of Medical Fitness to Travel at embarkation. 

This simple and easy-to-complete Certificate of Medical Fitness to Travel form must be signed by a qualified treating physician and be dated no more than seven days prior to the date of your cruise’s embarkation, or by seven days prior from the start of your travel if you are traveling for more than seven days before your voyage. 

The Certificate of Medical Fitness to Travel form can be downloaded from the Travel Health Advisory page on www.rssc.com, which also contains the proactive and comprehensive set of preventative measures Regent has enacted to help ensure the safety and well-being of all guests and crew while on board. 

Please bring the completed form with you for embarkation. Guests aged 70 and older without the Certificate of Medical Fitness to Travel completed will be denied boarding. 

We appreciate your attention to this important matter, which will help Regent continue to maintain among the most stringent health and safety protocols in the hospitality industry and help ensure the health and well-being of all guests and crew. 

We look forward to welcoming you on board. 

Sincerely, 

Regent Seven Seas Cruises 

Regent Seven Seas Cruises Reservations Phone Numbers: 

· United States / Canada: 1.844.4REGENT (1.844.473.4368) or (954) 776-6123 

· United Kingdom: 02380 682280 

· Rest of Europe: +44 (2380) 682140 

· Australia / New Zealand / Asia Pacific: 1.300.455.200 

· Latin America / Brazil: 0800 400-3132 or +1 (954) 940-7486

Edited by Travelcat2

2 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Again, since Regent seems to be parsing their response IMO, this policy is the result of a CLIA proposal to Vice President Pence .  No doubt to avoid an even more draconian 'request' to protect the health and welfare of the people of the United States, especially its most vulnerable demographic to this virus.  I believe it's a way to implementing a travel ban without using those words.

Regent is just following NCL in its actions.  

CLIA proposal

Interesting.  Our TA sent us a copy of the form and the rules and said that our cruise is exempt.  So, it is likely that the forms were sent to us prematurely or the people that answer the phone at Regent are not aware of it as yet.  Time will tell.

I copied and pasted this:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR VOYAGE 

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Partner, 

To ensure the safety and well-being of all Regent guests and crew worldwide, all guests aged 70 and older must now provide a Certificate of Medical Fitness to Travel at embarkation. 

This simple and easy-to-complete Certificate of Medical Fitness to Travel form must be signed by a qualified treating physician and be dated no more than seven days prior to the date of your cruise’s embarkation, or by seven days prior from the start of your travel if you are traveling for more than seven days before your voyage. 

The Certificate of Medical Fitness to Travel form can be downloaded from the Travel Health Advisory page on www.rssc.com, which also contains the proactive and comprehensive set of preventative measures Regent has enacted to help ensure the safety and well-being of all guests and crew while on board. 

Please bring the completed form with you for embarkation. Guests aged 70 and older without the Certificate of Medical Fitness to Travel completed will be denied boarding. 

We appreciate your attention to this important matter, which will help Regent continue to maintain among the most stringent health and safety protocols in the hospitality industry and help ensure the health and well-being of all guests and crew. 

We look forward to welcoming you on board. 

Sincerely, 

Regent Seven Seas Cruises 

Regent Seven Seas Cruises Reservations Phone Numbers: 

· United States / Canada: 1.844.4REGENT (1.844.473.4368) or (954) 776-6123 

· United Kingdom: 02380 682280 

· Rest of Europe: +44 (2380) 682140 

· Australia / New Zealand / Asia Pacific: 1.300.455.200 

· Latin America / Brazil: 0800 400-3132 or +1 (954) 940-7486

TC2, one would think something this important would be send to every employee at the same time and TA's.

Edited by ronrick1943

2 hours ago, kaleighsgram said:

Having a husband who is 72 and has cancer, If his doctor won’t sign that form, what happens then?

I would imagine that all depends on the evaluation of his personal physician.  If the doctor thinks that a cruise would be a good thing s/he will sign off on it.  If not - then listen to the doctor and cancel...  Certainly if you cannot get the form signed Regent won't let you board.

Greetings from onboard the Splendor!  

A LIFETME EXPERIENCE AT SEA. The Seven Seas Splendor is docked in San Diego for 2 days. No visitors, TAs, media, Corporates on board. Just Officers, staff, crew and 6 (six!) lucky in transit guests.  
Ultra cleaning & sanitizing happening, crew drills, equipment testing - all with the famous Regent smile! 
Private dining in Chartreuse with the most impeccable care and service. Afternoon tea "wherever we would like it".  Cocktails, hilarity and music nightly in Meridian lounge. 

Looking forward to welcoming you all to this spotlessly clean ship tomorrow....

We cancelled trip 12 th march got FCC and refund on port taxes but lost cost of flights from U.K. ,hotels and transfers. Immediately thought of you residents of Switzerland when trump announced flight ban for Europe you made it just in time! U.K. Still has flights.

please keep us updated with trip let us know if any port bans. Fred Olsen cruise line have announced no new departures until May 23rd

we are gutted not to be joining you

norman ann

30 minutes ago, Camillus112 said:

Hambagahle, where does this cruise end?  I thought Barcelona, and hope I am wrong since Spain closed all its ports due to National Emergency.  Wishing you an excellent cruise!!!

Unfortunately, if I read the NCL announcement right this cruise will not sail

• Like 1

Guest Belle Vue

Gerry & Ken,

Wishing you a super and safe cruise +  safe passage home afterwards. So sorry we had to cancel this one. Please keep us all posted.

I am so sorry to hear about NCH’s decision to cancel cruises effective today especially to those on this cruise which was under so much anticipation.  I know many of you were so looking forward to upcoming cruises and we all feel your pain and disappointment. Here’s to everyone getting home safely. 
Z and TB

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Echoing Z.   I've been following along on all the various posts, including even the roll call for this canal cruise.     I just haven't bothered commenting, but feel a wish to add my "SO SORRY!!" to everyone, but somehow especially for this cruise.

(We had a  cruise booked on Explorer for May 18, in order to celebrate my husband's 90th  birthday on board ship, our favorite place to be.   Had various dandy days set up for before and after cruise as well.    Had worked on the details endlessly.   Hurt to have to cancel.)

Crossing fingers that people remain safe, and, again, sorry for this other loss — not the end of the world, but a real bummer for sure.

Edited by poss
  • Like 1

We pretty much knew that it was a possibility but had to keep preparing after the deadline passed for canceling.  Safe travels to those that flew early to San Diego.  This is one time that we didn't fly in the day before and that is likely a good thing.  Need a bit of time to absorb it all.  

So sorry, y'all. I feel your pain! 😪  We were supposed to sail on the Explorer next week.  I was going to make a joke about us all "being in the same boat", but my sense of humor has been temporarily suspended. 

I’m so disappointed and sad for everyone. I’m heartbroken for the wonderful crew members who work so hard to support their families and the people in all the ports who depend on tourism. 
Safe travels home Dear cruise friends, we’ll see you in better days.