****CARNIVAL CORONA VIRUS THREAD -- #2 ***

Host Carolyn

Someone was asking about what the Houston mayor said in his speech regarding quarantine.  I don't recall exactly what he said, but: 1) Galveston is a different city in a different county so what the Houston mayor said would not be mandatory; and 2) my impression was it was with respect to people coming in on flights to IAH  from high risk countries. IAH is a huge hub for international travel.

Also, it may have been that he was just "recommending" as opposed to making it mandatory. 

My mother is visiting from San Antonio and apparently they have a bunch of quarantined folks at the airforce base there off some California cruise ship.

Has anyone else heard of diabetics being turned away from boarding? My Type 2 is well-controlled with diet and exercise but I don't want to travel all the way down there (TX) to be denied embarkation. Is there a form my Dr could fill out like for those 70+?

11 minutes ago, dfsti said:

Has anyone else heard of diabetics being turned away from boarding? My Type 2 is well-controlled with diet and exercise but I don't want to travel all the way down there (TX) to be denied embarkation. Is there a form my Dr could fill out like for those 70+?

Have not heard anything about forms for any specific health issues. Yet.

28 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

I can see Florida doing this. The level of hysteria is now beyond crazy.

March madness is done!

As a Floridian who loves the money tourists bring in, I'd rather the tourists not come for a few months! Just my opinion!

58 minutes ago, dfsti said:

Yes, I have heard that. And John Heald's post on another site seems to confirm diabetes (type I AND II) both are disqualifying conditions. 

• Like 1

Hi, new to this forum and new to cruising. My wife and I booked on the Carnival Dream for 3/26. We are both physicians and cannot take a chance on getting quarantined, and now my company has announced that anyone taking a cruise anywhere will be subjected to a 14 day period before they can return to work in the office or the hospital. Needless to say, we can't take this chance. 

I never received a letter from Carnival concerning the new cancellation/rescheduling policy, and all attempts to call them have been unsuccessful. Today, the phone is not even working. We are very disappointed but have no choice but to reschedule. Is there any other way of contacting Carnival or one of its reps other than the 800 number? I booked the cruise myself online, so no travel agent to work with. Any advice appreciated.

Barry

4 minutes ago, RexTurbo said:

Hi, new to this forum and new to cruising. My wife and I booked on the Carnival Dream for 3/26. We are both physicians and cannot take a chance on getting quarantined, and now my company has announced that anyone taking a cruise anywhere will be subjected to a 14 day period before they can return to work in the office or the hospital. Needless to say, we can't take this chance. 

I never received a letter from Carnival concerning the new cancellation/rescheduling policy, and all attempts to call them have been unsuccessful. Today, the phone is not even working. We are very disappointed but have no choice but to reschedule. Is there any other way of contacting Carnival or one of its reps other than the 800 number? I booked the cruise myself online, so no travel agent to work with. Any advice appreciated.

Barry

From the "Carnival Cancellations" thread:

image.png.3c504ccc1810c6380502afa670bcf05b.png

56 minutes ago, amyotravel said:

Have not heard anything about forms for any specific health issues. Yet.

Yes, this just came out. Type 1 and 2.  See my other post. Diabetics not allowed to sail along with anyone else with a serious chronic condition.

1 minute ago, Eli_6 said:

Yes, this just came out. Type 1 and 2.  See my other post. Diabetics not allowed to sail along with anyone else with a serious chronic condition.

OK, thanks. Saw your other post. I don't have FB so it's good you are watching!

10 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Great info, the cruise door is beginning to close!

Thanks Amyotravel. I found the link, but unfortunately it says nothing about the FCC and rescheduling, just what it would cost me to cancel at present. For those who received a letter from Carnival, does it specify the process for rescheduling?

I was all in...until today. Unfortunately my cruise is planned for Saturday, so I'm beyond the cancellation window and can't get through. I'm hoping they publish a new policy that would give me the confidence that if I cancel online I can get at least a FCC.

55 minutes ago, AmBear said:

March madness is done!

As a Floridian who loves the money tourists bring in, I'd rather the tourists not come for a few months! Just my opinion!

Also saw Spring Training for MLB is cancelled as well. That’s gotta suck for a lot of those cities

30 minutes ago, RexTurbo said:

Thanks Amyotravel. I found the link, but unfortunately it says nothing about the FCC and rescheduling, just what it would cost me to cancel at present. For those who received a letter from Carnival, does it specify the process for rescheduling?

The amount it shows as your penalty is the amount of the FCC you will receive.  

You do not have to rebook at the time you cancel.

Edited by bury me at sea
To add rebooking info

54 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

So how does that work? Will I be able to get a credit or will they just refund it?

1 hour ago, bury me at sea said:

The amount it shows as your penalty is the amount of the FCC you will receive.  

You do not have to rebook at the time you cancel.

Huh? Is that right? We are supposed to cruise in April, so we would just get a $200 OBC if we went.  Based on what you said, if we move it to a new date, we would get to pick a new date and $500 OBC(our cancellation amount)??

2 hours ago, amyotravel said:

From the "Carnival Cancellations" thread:

image.png.3c504ccc1810c6380502afa670bcf05b.png

I can log on and get to Booking and Order Detail, but there is no link for View Balance Details. Is this because I booked with a TA? Anyone else unable to see this? Thanks!

14 hours ago, dsnutz said:

Also saw Spring Training for MLB is cancelled as well. That’s gotta suck for a lot of those cities

It does, you'll find a lot of Floridians love the spring baseball season, the prices are low, the parks are great places to get up close to the players, etc.!

15 hours ago, RexTurbo said:

I received an email  yesterday and in the email there was a link to a form to be filled out. Hopefully you will receive the email. Good luck!

15 hours ago, RexTurbo said:

You can cancel and the penalty amount will go towards a future cruise credit (FCC).  You can call at a later date to have the FCC applied to a new future cruise within 1 year of your original sale date.