Refund Confirmation Email - Did you get one?

They certainly show no mercy when final payment is due. EVER.... They cancelled my cruise March 13th and have used my paid in full money as a profit for the past 3 months.  I am left hanging without even a simple confirmation from them that they have received my request for refund.  Not good business at all. Simply send me an email telling me you have received my request and I can expect payment no later than April 14th. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jonbiloh said:

It's outrageous that RCCL is delaying refunds by 30 days (or perhaps 30 business days as has also been mentioned). Clearly just an effort to defer negative impacts to industrial free cash flow and provide an opportunity for the company to continue to profit in the short term maturity market (while they hold our cruise fares from us, interest free).

I posted this in another thread, but it explains in a little detail what is really going on:

"The reality of the 30 day time frame is Royal Caribbean is delaying refunds to benefit its cash flow. No other reasons.

Refund processing at sophisticated companies like Royal Caribbean is an entirely automated thing. If they wanted to there is no barrier to providing all the refunds within 3 days of request. I know they are blaming "finance/accounting department delays" for the extra time but that is just a cheap line given to the front line customer service reps to recite to angry customers who are waiting weeks for refunds on cruises canceled by RCCL. 

I really don't like seeing situations where a company is using its customers as a bank when it has no intention on providing the service (because the cruise is canceled).

If cash flow is that tight at Royal they need to return to the bond and equity markets + suspend dividend and cut executive pay, followed by managerial and HQ staff (things that Carnival is already doing). I know we all love cruising (I've been on dozens) but let us not forget that this is a transactional business, we owe RCCL nothing. Further more RCCL has not ever paid a dime in Federal taxes because of its ability to operate in the grey with their foreign corporations all the while fleecing the American consumer and being head quartered in the US. Bad karma!  

And lastly, to the folks who say "what's the rush, you can't earn money in a savings account anyways" if we ignore the time value of money and simply consider the opportunities in the equity market (generational buying opportunity) or what's available in the CD or online savings account market - https://www.marcus.com/us/en (1.7% savings account underwritten by Goldman Sachs)  - you may have a different opinion once you are more aware of your options. Some may be eager to give RCCL an interest free loan but that's not me and it shouldn't be you either."

It's simply wrong what RCCL is doing. It's going to be tough for me to return to them once this crisis passes. I have two cruises cancelled by RCCL that I've not received refunds on for the past 20 days and another on X in November that I may cancel. 

I am a believe in tactical government ballouts, especially considering many in the last crisis yielded enormous profit for the government, but I am glad that the cruise lines were passed over in the most recent legislation. You have to pay in to get something back in times of need. 

I've been saying similar on several forums {Not so eloquently} and have been called everything from deluded, mentally deranged and was even told that if I couldn't afford to wait for my money back perhaps I shouldn't of chose a cruise in the first place.

I suspect the people who are supporting RC over this are the same ones that have gold / diamond {whatever}  loyalty rep and are worried they will lose their "earned" perks if our money wasn't protecting the company.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DaiC01 said:

I've been saying similar on several forums {Not so eloquently} and have been called everything from deluded, mentally deranged and was even told that if I couldn't afford to wait for my money back perhaps I shouldn't of chose a cruise in the first place.

I suspect the people who are supporting RC over this are the same ones that have gold / diamond {whatever}  loyalty rep and are worried they will lose their "earned" perks if our money wasn't protecting the company.

Hi,

I TOTALLY agree with your comments on the letter they wrote and how many

fellow cruisers handled your comments, mine and others (refund stalling). 

I've seen: "just relax", "they are busy", "be patient"

"they are under staffed", "they just got $2 Billion".

Are these people hypnotized by RCL?

It's TOTALLY about cash.

In my previous posts I've mentioned that RCL has 27 ships, Celebrity 14 and 

77,000 staff. Their priority is to take care of themselves not customers refunds.

I am also shocked how refunds can take 30 to 60 days.

They gave me a tax and fees refund after 3 weeks but wouldn't refund

the cruise at the same time. Why not? All the info is on the computer screen

when they were doing the taxes  and fees.

All it would take is a few key stokes (seconds).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaiC01 said:

Its a good job you are not desperate for the money then, I had an email off RC that my refund was be buy the 25th March only to receive an email informing me on the 26th march that the earliest I could expect it know was 13th of April, I'm not holding my breath.

Well I’d like my refund sooner too. I’m curious when I’ll really get it but unfortunately can’t do anything about it.  I’m happy a refund was offered  and I didn’t get stuck with FCC

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mek said:

So did mine, but my June cruise is still showing up in the cruise planner.

So is my May cruise. I cancelled a week ago. I will give RCCL another week before I hit my panic button.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Midwestgal said:

Well I’d like my refund sooner too. I’m curious when I’ll really get it but unfortunately can’t do anything about it.  I’m happy a refund was offered  and I didn’t get stuck with FCC

RC cancel our trip with the only the offer of cash refund and no offer of FCC and honestly I wouldn't of taken it if was 200% FCC. My final payment was due about 36 hrs before they cancelled, I had spoken to their agent at length asking to extend the final payment date but they assured me that there was no plan to cancel the sailing.

RC must have know that the sailing was in jeopardy but it seems all they were interested in was getting the money in the bank before they cancelled the sailing.. 

• Like 1

RC are not alone in this it seem many of the big corporations are playing the same game, British Airway have made it absolutely impossible to have a meaningful conversation with them in relation to flights they have cancelled.

They arbitrarily decided they are not dealing with anyone who's flight are not within 72hr window and have remove access to the refund request page on their web site - the cancel / refund request link only goes to the future flight credit / voucher application form.  

• Like 1

Worst part is if this drags out and drags on and they decide to go bankrupt .. They may just take a lot of refunds with them .. Now I am not saying they are going to do this. But they are probably weighing a LOT of options at this point .  I have several dollars hanging on a CC don't know if they would refund that or not if they stick me without a refund.  

I have a cruise cancelled from March so those waiting for refunds in April and May cruises, you are in the back of the line. Regardless, they are allowed to take about 90 days so while we don't like it, there is nothing legally we can do, but wait.

3 hours ago, bearette said:

I have a cruise cancelled from March so those waiting for refunds in April and May cruises, you are in the back of the line. Regardless, they are allowed to take about 90 days so while we don't like it, there is nothing legally we can do, but wait.

Why are they "allowed to take about 90 days" before they have to provide a refund? Is that in the RC contract? What is this 90 days based on?

13 minutes ago, JoelinSedona said:

Why are they "allowed to take about 90 days" before they have to provide a refund? Is that in the RC contract? What is this 90 days based on?

Another thread about credit cards- someone who worked for the card company -I think it was Amex-  said they required 90 days to refund before they could dispute on the card.

29 minutes ago, bearette said:

Another thread about credit cards- someone who worked for the card company -I think it was Amex-  said they required 90 days to refund before they could dispute on the card.

Interesting...I wonder if that's correct.  Perhaps they mean the charge back needs to be initiated within 90 days of purchase.  My past experience with charge backs has been way less time and rather easy.  Always had a credit back to my account within a week.  Going to try it soon if Royal keeps dragging their feet.

2 hours ago, JoelinSedona said:

Where does it say RC can take 90 day to refund charges.

On 3/14/2020 at 7:36 AM, Luxurycruise2 said:

Our cruise in 2 weeks was cancelled.  I followed the steps in the email sent by Royal for a refund (rather have my money back), instead of FCC.  However, I didn’t receive the referenced confirmation emails (2 reservations) which I want for documentation.  Has anyone received refund confirmation emails?  Thanks!

BEE41DA5-D845-4AB9-B4D2-B5FC01E5F4DC.jpeg

Submitted form for refund request and within an hour got an email reply acknowledging same with a response ID.  No mention of when or how long it would take to process but will just have to be patient and hope it plays out in a timely manner.

1 hour ago, zebra36 said:

Submitted form for refund request and within an hour got an email reply acknowledging same with a response ID.  No mention of when or how long it would take to process but will just have to be patient and hope it plays out in a timely manner.

I NEVER got an email from them after I cancelled and my cruise and it is still showing up on Royals's site.  The only positive is that my big box TA no longer has it listed.  I trust them more than RCI.

BTW, did you get a refund or a FCC?

Edited by Judyrem

8 hours ago, DaiC01 said:

Where does it say RC can take 90 day to refund charges.

So I did some googling  , A company has up to 90 days to return your money on a disputed charge . Now saying that if we all start complaining now I guess now these become disputed charges . In a round about way of thinking . I am sure their lawyers have told them there is nothing we can do . I had trouble with a delivery once and it was the same they said we had to wait the 90 days until we could start with the CC company issuing me a fraud claim . Which is what I will start on Royal if the wont issue me a credit . 

• Like 1

So has ANYONE received an email confirmation of their refund request from RCCL? So far it looks like people who booked through a 3rd party may have one from the TA, but no one who booked directly with RCCL, like me,  has a confirmation number. Is that correct? 

26 minutes ago, AZsunluvr said:

So has ANYONE received an email confirmation of their refund request from RCCL? So far it looks like people who booked through a 3rd party may have one from the TA, but no one who booked directly with RCCL, like me,  has a confirmation number. Is that correct? 

Thus far on two cruises, both canceled by RCCL, I have not received any notification or any refund. I've also not received a refund for my my pre-cruise onboard purchases. RCCL canceled my May sailing in mid March. Right now it's been about 20 days and nothing. 

I called two days ago and the customer service person just repeated a statement and offered no details or substance about refund status, etc. 

38 minutes ago, Jonbiloh said:

Thus far on two cruises, both canceled by RCCL, I have not received any notification or any refund. I've also not received a refund for my my pre-cruise onboard purchases. RCCL canceled my May sailing in mid March. Right now it's been about 20 days and nothing. 

I called two days ago and the customer service person just repeated a statement and offered no details or substance about refund status, etc. 

Thank you for the update! I will continue to watch my account for a refund.

No, no email.   I requested refund on 3/26 online for the 3/14 Radiance cruise that was cancelled after we did muster.   Not sure if I want to call and wait on hold but would like to confirm they have request. 

4 hours ago, AZsunluvr said:

Not sure what kind kid of confirmation you are looking for but as I posted earlier this morning that I did get an email reply to the request using their form for same. This was for a cruise I booked through RCL. I got an email reply that was essentially a copy of my responses to the form and had a response ID number.

3 hours ago, AZsunluvr said:

Thank you for the update! I will continue to watch my account for a refund.

I got a confirmation number that was it .   Funny thing I got an email from Royal Caribbean person the next morning giving me there contact info saying please call me I will help you book your cruise and spend you FCC , I was like how did he know I have a FCC when it hasn't been issued yet. I really have no desire to book one just yet I should call to see what he says I have in FCC . 

3 hours ago, zebra36 said:

Not sure what kind kid of confirmation you are looking for but as I posted earlier this morning that I did get an email reply to the request using their form for same. This was for a cruise I booked through RCL. I got an email reply that was essentially a copy of my responses to the form and had a response ID number.

I've received nothing. No email reply. Nothing at all about having requested a refund. I've been getting all my travel documents though!  😕

3 hours ago, frito58 said:

I got a confirmation number that was it .   Funny thing I got an email from Royal Caribbean person the next morning giving me there contact info saying please call me I will help you book your cruise and spend you FCC , I was like how did he know I have a FCC when it hasn't been issued yet. I really have no desire to book one just yet I should call to see what he says I have in FCC . 

I didn't get even get a confirmation number.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:12 AM, bearette said:

I have a cancelled cruise on Celebrity.  On the Celebrity board someone stated you have only 100 days from payment to dispute the charge.  Don't know if that's true or not, but I quickly counted 94 days since we paid.  Today filed a dispute.  On hold for 30 minutes.  Wasn't AMEX.