Exterior Sky pictures

Triptkr

I'm including some exterior pictures of Sky Princess.  Prior to our sailing it drove me a little crazy that there were minimal pictures out there posted by people other than by Princess Corp. itself.  

Cheers!

IMG_1645.JPG

IMG_1647.JPG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Triptkr said:

I'm including some exterior pictures of Sky Princess.  Prior to our sailing it drove me a little crazy that there were minimal pictures out there posted by people other than by Princess Corp. itself.  

Cheers!

IMG_1645.JPG

IMG_1647.JPG

1 minute ago, pasta1 said:

This must be in ST. Maarten one of our favorite islands.

It was!   Went on a fantastic excursion there so made our time even more special!   Chair lift up mountain with option to ride chair lift down or zip line or tube part way down mountain.  At the top one can view a multitude of islands...so cool.  Then had a private lunch at the bottom, great restaurant, awesome chef.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pasta1 said:

This must be in ST. Maarten one of our favorite islands. thank you for the photos. We will be on the Sky in November.

Ah!  You're in for a treat!  Very beautiful, just bring your own book if you're a reader.  Not a fan of the whole 'no library' thing on the new ships.

1 minute ago, Triptkr said:

Ah!  You're in for a treat!  Very beautiful, just bring your own book if you're a reader.  Not a fan of the whole 'no library' thing on the new ships.

Yes, we heard about the library,I like the sea days,felt the itinerary is great,can go and visit our friends,Princess gave us a nice upgrade as well. Your photos unreal!

Just now, pasta1 said:

Yes, we heard about the library,I like the sea days,felt the itinerary is great,can go and visit our friends,Princess gave us a nice upgrade as well. Your photos unreal!

Thank you!    

Been hearing talk of the Upgrade Fairy!  Good for you!   

10 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Thanks for sharing nice pictures. One of things I never could understand in all those outside balconies no one is on them.

Tony

I concur!   We always marvel the same during the sail-away on day #1 of a cruise.   Not us!  We love our balcony!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Great photos 👍. Would you be able to tell me if the balconies are bigger in a deluxe balcony than a regular balcony on Sky? I realise there is a loveseat  in the cabin, but we do like the Caribe balconies on Grand Class ships.  Just trying to decide where would be the best position 🤔. Ideally, we would like an inside cabin not too far away too.

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Great photos 👍. Would you be able to tell me if the balconies are bigger in a deluxe balcony than a regular balcony on Sky? I realise there is a loveseat  in the cabin, but we do like the Caribe balconies on Grand Class ships.  Just trying to decide where would be the best position 🤔. Ideally, we would like an inside cabin not too far away too.

We cruised on the Sky for a month in November 2019 in an interior IA category cabin & preferred that sideways (parallel to hallway) configuration over the standard interiors that are perpendicular to the hallway. Looking at deck plans the IA, IB & IC categories are the sideways cabins & only vary by location.

The size of both Deluxe & standard balconies are the same 9’x4’ with some larger balconies in the curved amidship balcony cabins & some on Emerald deck forward. Also there’s a Premium Deluxe Balcony category (D4) that have larger balconies in a preferred location: aft facing (Marina, Riviera, Aloha, Baja, Caribe, Emerald); Dolphin deck (forward, mid-forward) on the side of the ship.

We’ve enjoyed Emerald deck amidship obstructed view balconies (Deluxe-DW; Standard-BW) which only has an obstruction when looking down onto the open Promenade deck but none when looking out to sea. Being in the curved sections balconies will be larger but are not always rectangular. Some are concerned about people on the Sea Walk looking down upon their amidships balcony but on the most recent Royal-Class ships (Sky, Enchanted & Discovery) it’s a solid floor with a few glass panels to look down upon the sea...both ways were not an issue for us.

A Cruise Critic participant (Renmar: Theo) has created a great site for obstructed view cabins & here’s a link to the Sky’s photos.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/ov.php?ship=Sky-Princess&cabins=E101-E230

If booking a balcony in the amidship area the balconies are larger & on decks 10-15 there are sideways interior cabins across the hallway. Now that Princess has only a desk chair in interior & balcony cabins, we like having the loveseat size couch in Deluxe Balcony cabins (only on Royal-Class ships).

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, villauk said:

Check out the deck plans on the Princess web site. Deck 9 has the most deluxe balcony cabins with the larger balconies. You will also find some aft facing on decks 11 & 14 and fwd facing on decks 15 & 16. Other decks have deluxe balcony cabins with the standard size balcony.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

We cruised on the Sky for a month in November 2019 in an interior IA category cabin & preferred that sideways (parallel to hallway) configuration over the standard interiors that are perpendicular to the hallway. Looking at deck plans the IA, IB & IC categories are the sideways cabins & only vary by location.

The size of both Deluxe & standard balconies are the same 9’x4’ with some larger balconies in the curved amidship balcony cabins & some on Emerald deck forward. Also there’s a Premium Deluxe Balcony category (D4) that have larger balconies in a preferred location: aft facing (Marina, Riviera, Aloha, Baja, Caribe, Emerald); Dolphin deck (forward, mid-forward) on the side of the ship.

We’ve enjoyed Emerald deck amidship obstructed view balconies (Deluxe-DW; Standard-BW) which only has an obstruction when looking down onto the open Promenade deck but none when looking out to sea. Being in the curved sections balconies will be larger but are not always rectangular. Some are concerned about people on the Sea Walk looking down upon their amidships balcony but on the most recent Royal-Class ships (Sky, Enchanted & Discovery) it’s a solid floor with a few glass panels to look down upon the sea...both ways were not an issue for us.

A Cruise Critic participant (Renmar: Theo) has created a great site for obstructed view cabins & here’s a link to the Sky’s photos.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/ov.php?ship=Sky-Princess&cabins=E101-E230

If booking a balcony in the amidship area the balconies are larger & on decks 10-15 there are sideways interior cabins across the hallway. Now that Princess has only a desk chair in interior & balcony cabins, we like having the loveseat size couch in Deluxe Balcony cabins (only on Royal-Class ships).

Thank you so much for the information. I’m going to take a look at the deck plans and check out the larger midship balconies on decks 10-15 you mentioned, with the sideway interior cabins 👍.

20 hours ago, skynight said:

Check out the deck plans on the Princess web site. Deck 9 has the most deluxe balcony cabins with the larger balconies. You will also find some aft facing on decks 11 & 14 and fwd facing on decks 15 & 16. Other decks have deluxe balcony cabins with the standard size balcony.

Thank you for the information 👍.

36 minutes ago, villauk said:

Thank you so much for the information. I’m going to take a look at the deck plans and check out the larger midship balconies on decks 10-15 you mentioned, with the sideway interior cabins 👍.

You’re welcome & have fun selecting the best cabins for your cruise. 🙂

Here’s a photo looking down on the amidship balcony cabins from the open Sea Walk on the Royal which is only viewable from the glass panels on the Sky.

If interested in more Sky photos & info here’s a link to the great live done during our November 2019 Sky cruise by Colo Cruiser.

23A948E2-E300-4ADC-9C44-D164CBB94782.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

If you prefer Caribe-size balconies then you would like certain premium deluxe balconies on the Sky.  

Aft facing:

D4 category deck 15, 14, 11, 9

Starboard/Port facing:

D4 category, deck 9

BD category, deck 9 has larger balcony but smaller room...no couch

Bow facing:

DW category, deck 16, 15

As mentioned previously there are select few midship with have angled balconies that aren't too bad.  We did stay in an angled midship balcony on Royal but found the lights outside down on the railing to be annoying at night as we light to sleep with the curtains open.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1