for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

I hope everything is OK with Cynthia and her family.....she has never checked back in and I am thinking of her today.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I hope everything is OK with Cynthia and her family.....she has never checked back in and I am thinking of her today.

Cynthia was supposed to leave on a NY cruise to Panama I believe. Hopefully her mom was doing ok & Cynthia was able to go on her cruise!  

• Thanks 1

Well, y'all, I survived Hell Month relatively intact. Now to recuperate in January. Our case load this week is in the teens, rather than upper 30s. Well, except for Thursday and it's usually in the upper 20s-30s anyway.

Hopefully, we can settle into a more normal lifestyle again.

We booked a London-Spain-France cruise for April.  I couldn't believe the hubby said yes. It didn't hurt that I said I'd put all my OT to it rather than the new camera lens I'm coveting.

Cynthia, I hope your mother is doing well and heals well.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lois R said:

18 hours ago, awhfy said:

Cynthia was supposed to leave on a NY cruise to Panama I believe. Hopefully her mom was doing ok & Cynthia was able to go on her cruise!  

I made the cruise but it was a scramble. I was exhausted for the first couple of days.  My mom is doing okay at home but we won’t know more about her recovery until her upcoming consult with Mayo.

A late Happy New Year to you all!!! 

• Like 5

Belated Happy New Year to all.  Good news Cynthia made her cruise and mom is doing ok.

Leaving Sunday on a cruise on RC Symphony of the Seas, western caribbean.

• Like 2

Cynthia, so glad your Mom was recovered enough for you to be able to do your cruise. Hope she continues to improve

Barbara enjoy your cruise. We haven’t been on Symphony, please let me know how it is. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Melody,

I'm Janet, not Barbara. I've never been on Symphony either.  I will let you know how Symphony compares to Harmony. 

What I have noticed in my last cruises on Celebrity vs Royal is Celebrity has a show in the theater every night. No shows every night on Royal although they do offer entertainment in other venues.

9 hours ago, WELDON said:

Hi Melody,

I'm Janet, not Barbara. I've never been on Symphony either.  I will let you know how Symphony compares to Harmony. 

What I have noticed in my last cruises on Celebrity vs Royal is Celebrity has a show in the theater every night. No shows every night on Royal although they do offer entertainment in other venues.

Don’t know where I got Barbara!  I’m sorry Janet!

we enjoyed Harmony last year, the shows were great. I have found the shows on Royal to be very high quality. Celebrity has magicians along with their production shows 

Cynthia, glad you made the cruise and wishing your mom all the best.

Janet, hope you have a good cruise.

Well, winter arrived this week. It was 38 here this morning but the wind made it feel even colder. We are supposed to have a freeze warning tonight and then rain later in the week.......

• Like 2

Good morning.........well, I ordered my new diabetes meds yesterday.....should be ready today or I will get them tomorrow.  Kat, this is the very pricey med that I had mentioned a few pages back. But after this first script I should have already met my deductible and the price will go way down going forward.

Still, not used to forking out over 500 bucks for a 30 day supply☹️......guess I should be grateful I have the $$ to buy them.

And I was looking at my Medicare account on line and all the claims from the 4 days in the hospital...........OMG......thankfully I have a secondary policy to pay what Medicare won't. The claims are this $$$$$$$$...........yes many, many dollar signs. I am not sure if/what I will be billed but I hope both policies take care of most it.

• Like 1

Lois - I cry the first time I get my Rybelsus refill for the year.  Then, the deductible is gone and it's tolerable the rest off the year.  

Holidays are done at the Lodge.  I truly enjoyed seeing all my owners again.  We had a good night sitting and chatting for hours on Saturday.  I had one bad incident with an owner and a guest over moving ski equipment and supposedly a missing ski helmet.  Somehow, they were both screaming at me for the problem.  Condescending and mainsplaining pricks.   I came up with an (expensive - $700 for replacement helmet & goggles) solution just to get them to shut up and go away.  Next day, they both discovered they were wrong - the guest picked the wrong ski locker and the owner took the guest's helmet & goggles and later found his own.  Did I get an apology from either???  Nope.   Gotta love the hospitality business😒.  Good thing the owner has the sweetest dog who comes to see me!!

I have to get my shoulder fixed this summer.  I had a trip and fall the other day and landed right on the shoulder again.   So, I'm thinking no big vacation plans until maybe November (after surgery and rehab).  BUT, I'm thinking about maybe going to Phoenix for a couple of days in May and seeing The Rolling Stones in concert there.  That could get me through.  

Day off.  OOTD:  joggers and a Tshirt.  Too tired from the Holidays to do anything.  

• Like 1

Must be the season for bum shoulders. Les has done something (maybe pinched nerve) doc for him tomorrow. At least my retina appt today was without incident!

• Like 1

Hi Melody, wishing all the best to Les and hope it is nothing too serious. 

I guess the beginning of the year is always "Medical time"......and not sure if I mentioned this but after the Dr removed that stent, they had already told me there was another stone on the right kidney that they wanted to remove. They can do that as an out patient.  I spoke with the Drs office this morning and set up an appt for it.....having it removed next month. If it is not one thing...........

• Like 2

Lois good to get rid of the stone before it causes you those terrible issues again

thanks for well wishes for Les, he’s mighty uncomfortable 

Edited by awhfy

16 hours ago, awhfy said:

Must be the season for bum shoulders. Les has done something (maybe pinched nerve) doc for him tomorrow. At least my retina appt today was without incident!

I was supposed to get a cortisone injection in my L shoulder but my spine surgery overrode that....getting it next Friday.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 57redbird said:

I was supposed to get a cortisone injection in my L shoulder but my spine surgery overrode that....getting it next Friday.

I wish a cortisone injection would help me.  But, it didn't last time...  It's one of those things - I just know it has to get repaired.  

Finally a little spit of snow today.  Make the tourist happy.  Saw my friend Squirrel today.  He's been "on vacation" I think - I've only seen him once before today in the last month.  

OOTD:  jeans and a sweatshirt.  Have to go pick up some meds and groceries.  

• Like 1