for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, WOW..7.00??? You look so nice and rhe mums do too😀

I had a $40 off coupon & they were on sale. Also got a navy vneck with floral pattern & a long teal tank. My total was under $20. They’re having a Bogo 50% off until the 22nd. These pants are so comfy

I did a little sleuthing on Cynthia.  She's around on a few other forums.  So, she might be busy with cruise stuff.  I was getting worried.

It's that time of year here where you start to wonder if you need to turn on the furnace.   The last 3 mornings have brought temps around 56-58 degrees INSIDE the house.  But it goes up and isn't bad in the afternoon.  It is nice sleeping temp, though.  

We had snow 2 days ago on the upper elevations of our local hills.  And our leaves up there are turning bright already.  It's about a week or so early.  

I've lost track - who is cruising where when?  I think we have a few coming up.  Lucky you's!!

OOTD:  sweatshirt, sweatpants, my acorn slippers.  A tad chilly in the house right now, 

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I did a little sleuthing on Cynthia.  She's around on a few other forums.  So, she might be busy with cruise stuff.  I was getting worried.

Kudos to slidergirl for the reminder. I keep meaning to post, but I just haven't been on the site as much as I was before. I have to admit to feeling a bit blue/out of sorts since my dad passed in June. I feel more like reading than being online. 

That said, I did have a nice cruise to the Norwegian fjords in August, so yes I was awol for about 2 weeks. It was beautiful and I enjoyed it very much. The best was our day in Flam, Norway, in part because it was beautiful weather. Took the little train ride up the mountain and back. I'll try to post a few pics soon.

I enjoyed reading @slidergirl's Vegas posts too. EggSlut -- love it, especially the sign. 🤣

I'll catch myself up on everyone's posts and try to keep up better. With fall around the corner, I feel better. The long hot summer here is nearly over and fall has always been my favorite season.

• Like 3

Your trip to Las Vegas looked fun Kat.My Grandson would love those dolphin cookies.

You're looking well Melody ,the shoulder must be all healed 

I was just writing this and Cynthias post popped up !

Glad you are well Cynthia and enjoyed your cruise ,its been a tough year for you .

My husband and I have both been sick and sadly couldn't go to Bali ,I am still coughing after two weeks and two lots of antibiotics .

We have a weekend away to Queenstown soon which is in the South Island of New Zealand so hopefully the cough will be gone by then so we can do some nice walks etc.

• Like 2

Good to hear from you Cynthia!!!  You were missed 

I think Lois is next up in November & Sherry is either on a TA or about to go?  I need to build a cruise calendar. We don’t cruise till Feb

Les was lucky with this last eye surgery, the retina tried to detach for a third time during this surgery, doc fixed immediately. He’s had a tough go with surgeries this year (he says he’s catching up to me!!). 

daughter & SIL are going up to mountains (Breckenridge) this weekend for their 5th anniversary. Looks like they’re going to try some snow (which will make both of them ecstatic. I have to admit, sitting in a hot tub with a big glass of wine & snow coming down sounds pretty great!!!  Melody 

• Like 1

Cynthia - I do hope you felt a few warm and fuzzies from us.  We were worried.  If you ever need an uplift, I do believe we all will help.  

Melody - I think the MD needed to put duct tape on Les' retina!!!   There is more precip coming across so the kiddos could indeed get the "sitting in the hot tub, sipping bubbles" as the snow falls.  I just can't get behind snow yet.

I saw a teaser on TV today for some series on ABC coming soon.  Looks like it's a drama on the life of the medical staff, especially the MD, on a cruise ship...  Maybe like "ER" meets "The Love Boat" on the high seas 🙀  I don't think I'll be watching...

21 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Cynthia - I do hope you felt a few warm and fuzzies from us.  We were worried.  If you ever need an uplift, I do believe we all will help.  

Melody - I think the MD needed to put duct tape on Les' retina!!!   There is more precip coming across so the kiddos could indeed get the "sitting in the hot tub, sipping bubbles" as the snow falls.  I just can't get behind snow yet.

I saw a teaser on TV today for some series on ABC coming soon.  Looks like it's a drama on the life of the medical staff, especially the MD, on a cruise ship...  Maybe like "ER" meets "The Love Boat" on the high seas 🙀  I don't think I'll be watching...

Kat, I agree. This doc is superb, his comment was, I think I got the little sucker this time, Les had several concussions playing football & wrestling & from rocket attacks in Vietnam. Doc feels the retina damage is from the injuries. He thinks there’ll be good outcome (he’s a John Hopkins, Harvard guy). I just want him well again!!

yeah, I won’t be watching that one either. I might watch the new Brilliant Minds once to see. I’m interested in Matlock (wish they’d picked a different name)

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 2

Good morning to all! We are back from our cruise, had a lovely time.  My favorite port was not a port at all, we spent a day sailing in Prins Christian Sund which was absolutely beautiful!  Lots of icebergs and glaciers.  Next cruise is another TA in early November, we leave from Barcelona and return to Port Canaveral.

We are leaving Tuesday to drive to SC for visit with grandkids, then driving up to Indianapolis to spend some time with friends and family, then driving to VA to spend some time with our youngest grand. Lots of driving!🤣

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Good morning.....Cynthia, it is so good to see you again😃 and as for feeling blue.......that is normal and there is no time frame for grief. Just know we are all here for you. and you have always been a wonderful part of this thread.

I am looking for a different volunteer job. Working at the hospital was ok and the actual things I did were not difficult but to make a long story short, I worked with someone who could be quite judgy and I was getting tired of it. Since I was not in a paid position, instead of complaining about her, I would just try to find something else to do. Next week I will start looking again....maybe at a Food Bank or that type of venue. I ended up at the hospital for 15 months.

I am waiting for a few of my favorite shows to come back on........Fire Country and Blue Bloods!

And I love the Chicago shows.......Med, Fire and PD

Hi Melissa and Sherri! Oh hi Janet too.

Melody, so glad Wes is doing better.

My next cruise is Nov 21st.........flying to Lisbon for a TA crossing back to Ft. Lauderdale.

• Like 1

Hi all - I'm mostly a lurker but have a ? - we're doing an 11 day cruise with 2 pre-cruise days in a hotel.  We are 4* on HAL so we get free laundry.  My ? - have any of you used an underseat wheeled carryon only for that length of a cruise?  I'm trying to avoid checking a bag even though DH will be.  TIA!

3 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Hi all - I'm mostly a lurker but have a ? - we're doing an 11 day cruise with 2 pre-cruise days in a hotel.  We are 4* on HAL so we get free laundry.  My ? - have any of you used an underseat wheeled carryon only for that length of a cruise?  I'm trying to avoid checking a bag even though DH will be.  TIA!

I wouldn’t attempt just an undersest wheeled carryon even with free laundry. I might try a 21” carryon

• Thanks 1

Hi, even with free laundry I would check a bag. But I do agree with Melody, a 21inch bag would be my choice too. The ones that fit under the seat are usually 14 or 15 inches.....in my opinion, not large enough for even a 7 night cruise.

And Melody, I meant to say LES.......(I typed Wes in error.....sorry!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yay!  We've kicked up the volume on the group again.  

Sherri - you're being a traveling fool!  I know you did all the visiting this summer, then a cruise, now more driving then another cruise!   Nice to see more ships coming/going out of PC.  

I'm getting more serious about doing the TA next April from San Juan to Lisbon on NCL.   A lot of you have done the TAs and I have a big question for you:  What type of cabin did you have?  I already know I cannot do an inside - I spend time in the cabin and I need natural light.  I still get my bouts of fatigue from Covid so I need space to go and rest.  I've never had anything but a balcony - I love being able to just sit out on my own private space.  I even did it in Alaska at the end of April.  Would I be OK with just an outside window for 2 weeks or is it still OK to be sitting out on the balcony all those days crossing the Atlantic?  You all know I'm not a person to go out and socialize onboard - I keep to myself.   I'd hang around Portugal for about 2 weeks to eat, drink, and sightsee.  I have to keep the "hamster wheel" on slow - no going off the tracks and adding on Spain, then "oh, I'm close to Italy..."  A month away is plenty (and plenty expensive)!!

Only 58 degrees in the house this morning.  It's supposed to warm up again this weekend to hit the mid-upper 70s.   But, my OOTD is still sweatshirt, sweatpants and my Acorn slippers.  

• Like 1

Lois, I am also a fan of Blue Bloods. I  read this will be a short season for the show. I'm going to miss seeing the program. I also like Law & Order and Law Order SVU.  I'm going to give Matlock a try.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WELDON said:

Lois, I am also a fan of Blue Bloods. I  read this will be a short season for the show. I'm going to miss seeing the program. I also like Law & Order and Law Order SVU.  I'm going to give Matlock a try.

Same here, love Blue Bloods

Kat, I’d think a TA from San Juan to Europe would be much more expensive for airfare than one from FL to Europe. I’d have to have a balcony, I need the fresh air. They have lap blankets. 

Kat, balcony for sure!......Even If I don't sit outside every day I still want to open that balcony door in the morning and stand there for a few minutes and look out over the wake and enjoy the moment.

38 minutes ago, WELDON said:

Hi Janet, omg...I LOVE SVU....been watching it since the beginning.