for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

It hovered just below freezing most of the day yesterday. We got some snow around 6am (according to my husband--I was still sleeping), then a bunch of sleet and wind. We had a delayed start to work. I drive east, so I drove in with the sun reflecting off the wet spots and it was *blinding*.  We did all our cases. The day normally starts at 7am. We pushed the first cases back to 10am and finished up the last one at about 4pm.  Made for a quick day with lunch starting an hour after we started working.

It was bright and sunny with low 40s today and most of the sleet has melted.

• Like 3

Hi Ladies!

Lois & Cynthia, glad to hear that you both dodged the worst of that big storm, hope everyone else in the path stay safe!   Lois, not only is 40's "not taking a walk" weather for me, it might be "not getting out of bed" 😉

Cynthia, how on earth did you negotiate the world's longest time to move out/in ? 😉.   Hopefully in the spring it'll be easier to find people to do the work you need done...  I'd order those shutters now in case there's a 3 month wait...

@PurpleHays sounds like you're still working so hard, but not the crazy shifts you had a few weeks ago...  did you manage to get any skating in?

Kat,  that was kind of you to let AR girl go home & rest...& sounds like your wine stock is doing well...  weather wise, that must be a fine line for you, enough snow to keep the guests coming, but not so much that you're freezing lol...

Dr. called a couple of hours ago with X-ray results... reason I can't breathe is I have an pneumonia...  will start super antibiotics & steroids tomorrow morning...  explains why all I want to do is sleep lol 🙂

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Ladies!

Lois & Cynthia, glad to hear that you both dodged the worst of that big storm, hope everyone else in the path stay safe!   Lois, not only is 40's "not taking a walk" weather for me, it might be "not getting out of bed" 😉

Cynthia, how on earth did you negotiate the world's longest time to move out/in ? 😉.   Hopefully in the spring it'll be easier to find people to do the work you need done...  I'd order those shutters now in case there's a 3 month wait...

@PurpleHays sounds like you're still working so hard, but not the crazy shifts you had a few weeks ago...  did you manage to get any skating in?

Kat,  that was kind of you to let AR girl go home & rest...& sounds like your wine stock is doing well...  weather wise, that must be a fine line for you, enough snow to keep the guests coming, but not so much that you're freezing lol...

Dr. called a couple of hours ago with X-ray results... reason I can't breathe is I have an pneumonia...  will start super antibiotics & steroids tomorrow morning...  explains why all I want to do is sleep lol 🙂

Debbie, hope the meds work fast and you start feeling better soon! 

It was 54 degrees here in Satellite Beach when I went for my walk yesterday, I wore gym shorts and a long sleeve t shirt and passed a lot of people wearing puffy winter coats and knit caps😂.   I heard a mom at the park telling her kids they needed to go home as it was too cold to be out😂.  54 in January back in Indiana is considered to be a balmy day!

Lois, do you get manatees in the canals when the temps drop?  There were about 30 huddled together in the park canal yesterday morning, they come in from the river looking for warmer water. 

Good news! My plantation shutters are supposed to be installed tomorrow!  It will be nice to get rid of the ancient blinds we currently have!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Kat,  ( & everyone else still working) I just read something funny:

"The CDC says you can drink wine at work now so you don't notice how short staffed & underpaid you are".   :classic_biggrin: :classic_biggrin:

I will have to send that info to my daughter in law as she is struggling with teaching right now.  Could make her day go better!😉

Sherri🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Kat,  ( & everyone else still working) I just read something funny:

"The CDC says you can drink wine at work now so you don't notice how short staffed & underpaid you are".   :classic_biggrin: :classic_biggrin:

AMEN!  I had a few offers Sunday night from my favorie owners.  Hard to turn down a glass of Grgich Hills Chard!!  

Debbie - so sorry you've converted to pneumonia.  Take care and keep relaxing.  Not a fun time for you.

Sherri - I used to laugh at people when the now-ex and I went down to Arizona in the winter.  We're hanging out in shorts and long-sleeve Ts and the locals are bundled up in parkas and beanies.   Even now, when it's in the 30s and dips into the 20s when I leave work, I'm not wearing a jacket; I'm not outside that long that it matters.

Partly-cloudy day today.  Sometimes that makes it hard to stay alert - that gray just lulls me to sleep.

OOTD:  jeans, the striped Sundance T-shirt.  Only wore it for 4 hours the other day, so it's good for another go.  Still  have to decide which shoes/boots I wear, though.  I did switch from my rose gold pink lens aviators to my silver and blue lens ones.  Man, those cheap Blenders sunglasses are addictive!!!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Our numbers usually drop off dramatically in January, but not as much this year. I don't think we were as busy in December as we usually are. We just opened another surgery center this past year so we're a little short staffed--thus all the extra shifts. There are still a few on our busier days--I have one next week--that are still double pay. I want more *stuff* for my new camera, so I'll work some as they come along, but not as many as in Nov/Dec.  And yes, I'm skating on Saturdays.  I'll add another day once I build up some stamina. I don't have to do it in secret anymore as my older daughter has given me "permission" as long as I don't jump. Dangit, it's the best/most fun!

Feel better soon. Pneumonia is no fun.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jhsocal said:

Spent early years on east coast, did not wear heavy coat unless really cold. After  50 years in Southern ca., think anything below 55degrees is chilly. Of course age might be a factor. 

Lived here all my life, & can't handle below 60 lol,  I think it definitely gets worse with age...  don't remember being this cold a few decades ago 😉

15 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

Our numbers usually drop off dramatically in January, but not as much this year. I don't think we were as busy in December as we usually are. We just opened another surgery center this past year so we're a little short staffed--thus all the extra shifts. There are still a few on our busier days--I have one next week--that are still double pay. I want more *stuff* for my new camera, so I'll work some as they come along, but not as many as in Nov/Dec.  And yes, I'm skating on Saturdays.  I'll add another day once I build up some stamina. I don't have to do it in secret anymore as my older daughter has given me "permission" as long as I don't jump. Dangit, it's the best/most fun!

Feel better soon. Pneumonia is no fun.

glad to hear you're back to skating, & thank you, this is zero bits of fun 😞

• Like 1

Debbie, so sorry about the Pneumonia!  Hope you feel better soon!

Not sure if ya'll remember this but back in 2020 (after this thread started) I was in the hospital with renal failure.....yes, it has been 2 years since that happened😲...anyway,......had a check up with the Nephrologist today and kidneys are looking pretty good🙂.......I do have some issues but overall everything is ok. My right kidney is smaller than my left......(have no idea why). I have to see her about twice a year......so will go back again later this year......(yes, I have been drinking a lot of water and I think that helps.....keeping hydrated).  Just wanted to say thanks again to all of you for being here.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Debbie, so sorry about the Pneumonia!  Hope you feel better soon!

Not sure if ya'll remember this but back in 2020 (after this thread started) I was in the hospital with renal failure.....yes, it has been 2 years since that happened😲...anyway,......had a check up with the Nephrologist today and kidneys are looking pretty good🙂.......I do have some issues but overall everything is ok. My right kidney is smaller than my left......(have no idea why). I have to see her about twice a year......so will go back again later this year......(yes, I have been drinking a lot of water and I think that helps.....keeping hydrated).  Just wanted to say thanks again to all of you for being here.

Thank you Lois!  I remember that, can't believe it's been two years, & how great that you had a good check up.. 🙂. & now you can plan more wonderful travel & cruising!   & Just being able to enjoy simple day to day life, walking, shopping, nice lunches.  I'm very happy for you.  🙂 

What a long way we've come from, health problems, weird stuff for dinner, & desperately missing our family & friends, I'm grateful for this thread as well!

• Like 1

Lois I saw my nephrologist this week also, he said my labs were great. Glucose & cholesterol are a bit too low…he said I don’t believe I’ve ever said that before to anyone over 70.  I took a bow!  Hydration is the key.

Congrats Lois, I remember what a tough time you went through & I’m glad you’re doing better

Debbie, feel better soon!

Melody

• Like 1

Lois and Melody - great news on the kidneys!  Keep doing what both of you are doing.  

Remember those old slip & falls when someone slips on a banana peel?  I did one of those last night!!  I went to bring in my garbage can from pickup.  It was after work so it was dark. I had on my high top tennies.  When I went to drag the can, I hit all ice or slippery packed snow and I went down backwards.  Got up and slipped and fell again, this time forward!  All I could do was laugh.  I got myself and the can back in the garage eventually.   Today, I am soooo sore on my back left side!!!  Good thing I have today off so I can slowly maneuver around.  No black & blue, just painful.  Never wear flat-sole shoes when you're bringing in the garbage can in winter!!!  

I'm just hanging out today, maybe doing a little more thinking about my vacation.  Getting from Marseille to Bologna is not as easy as I thought.  I may take a night from Aix and spend that night in Lyon to not have to get up at 4am to catch a flight from Marseille.   Taking the entire day to relax and take the train through the French alps is still in the mix, too.

OOTD:  old Tshirt and sweats.  Lounging at it's best.

• Like 1

Hi Kat, OMG.......that sounds painful........so sorry about the slips/falls........hope you are ok!!!!

I am in a light blue v neck lightweight pullover sweater.....it is really soft and a black pair of knit pants......anyone shop at the LOFT? I got them there........they have a collection called Lou & Grey.......love them!  They are soooo soft!

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 9:50 PM, cruise kitty said:

All part of my evil plan. 😈  I've been through 5 "adult" moves (e.g., not to a dorm or apartment) and every time I felt so rushed/stressed doing it. And afterwards wished I'd taken more time to get things done in the new place before move in. Of course, finances didn't always allow that, but now they do, thank goodness. 

On 1/17/2022 at 9:50 PM, cruise kitty said:

Oh dear, pneumonia is no joke. Take good care of yourself.  We've all been so worried about COVID that it seems surprising when some other illness is the culprit.

Speaking of which, I'm going to get my Shingles vaccine just as soon as I get moved. That's one I definitely do NOT want to experience. 

• Like 2

On 1/19/2022 at 12:55 PM, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, OMG.......that sounds painful........so sorry about the slips/falls........hope you are ok!!!!

I am in a light blue v neck lightweight pullover sweater.....it is really soft and a black pair of knit pants......anyone shop at the LOFT? I got them there........they have a collection called Lou & Grey.......love them!  They are soooo soft!

Hi Lois, I love the Lou & Grey stuff 🙂.  Haven't been shopping in soooo long though, I think I might give their website a peek today 🙂

I'm wearing some black joggers from Target & and a tank top... it's sunny & gorgeous today, finally!

Kat, yikes!   thank goodness that you didn't break something, take care!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

All part of my evil plan. 😈  I've been through 5 "adult" moves (e.g., not to a dorm or apartment) and every time I felt so rushed/stressed doing it. And afterwards wished I'd taken more time to get things done in the new place before move in. Of course, finances didn't always allow that, but now they do, thank goodness. 

Oh dear, pneumonia is no joke. Take good care of yourself.  We've all been so worried about COVID that it seems surprising when some other illness is the culprit.

Speaking of which, I'm going to get my Shingles vaccine just as soon as I get moved. That's one I definitely do NOT want to experience. 

I love a person with an evil plan lol 😉   Sounds like a wonderful way to do a big move, taking the time to have everything in its place

& thanks for the good wishes, trying to take it easy at home, but I'm not very good at it,   so very bored🙂

Dr. thinks this is covid that morphed into pneumonia, which makes me think if I wasn't vaxed & boosted I might have been in big trouble... meds seem to be helping, which I am very grateful for!

Feeling less sore today.  I actually slept pretty well (I'm a big fusser/turner).  

Lois - When I had to dress for work, I'd go to Loft for stuff.  And, at the outlet mall a mile away, there is a Loft outlet for stuff - got a nice suit there.  

I wish I had more time when I moved around.  It was always down to the last minute of the last day to get out and moved in.  My last move, from "the big house" to my divorce house, I literally got out about 10 minutes berfore the new owners arrived.  

Went to see my dental hygenist today for my quarterly cleaning. At least my teeth and gums are in good shape!!   Went to TJ's afterwards for a small haul of stuff - mostly veggies and salads and my coffee.  Only one shopping bag and one insulated bag worth of stuff.  smallest batch I've done in awhile.

OOTD:  jeans and a hoodie.  And, my high tops.  

• Like 2

Hi girls, well, the cold weather is here too and it is supposed to stay cold throughout the weekend.

Right now it is misting rain and 49........the high tomorrow is supposed to be 45 with a low of 34..........with rain tomorrow too.

I am in my Lou & Grey black pants and a copper colored long sleeved top.

• Like 2

Lois, that is so cold!  We have high winds starting up right now..have to open up our gates so they don't blow down...  & I still have a Christmas tree up on the patio between our pool & spa...  guess I need to ask DH to take it down before it ends up in the pool lol 😉

stay warm 🙂

-Debbie

Lois - I'd settle for a 49 degree daytime!!!   We're basking in the 30s for the next few days...

Feeling less sore, but still sore.  Sitting on the chair at work is a little painful on the left side of my boney butt.  Good thing it was an easy day.  Some folks realized that I wasn't myself - a little on the quiet side.  I have 2 more hours to go.  I made some chili last night so I'll have some of the leftovers with salad tonight.  Probably finish off the bottle of Chard I have.  Sad that it takes me 3 days to finish a bottle now - used to be 2 days.  

Today was the start of the Sundance Film Festival.  But, you wouldn't know it again.  Went all virtual again this year.  One of the hotels here went from 100% occupancy for Sundance to 30% when the live was cancelled.  We lost a group of 8 condos here, but it isn't that bad for us. 

Allow me to say a word about the Utah State Legislature and Senate:  maskholes.   First thing they did when the session started yesterday was to pass a resolution prohibiting mask mandates.  By making

it a resolution instead of a bill, it can't be veto'd by the Guv.  Sure, our positivity rate is 38% - we don't need masks.   At least businesses can still require masks to enter and we are absolutely doing that.  

OOTD:  wide-leg yoga pants and a charcoal/black pinstripe hoodie.  And, the high tops responsible for my tumble...

• Like 2

Our positivity rate is in the mid 30s. I ran some errands after work (better than the weekend) and was floored by how many maskless faces there were. I was double-masked. I'm doing everything in my power to avoid covid since I have chronic lung disease.  I am so over this.

It is bitterly cold for us--stayed below freezing all day--and it's snowing. We can get anywhere from one to six inches. 🙄 We don't know how the roads will be, and with only one plow in the state it might take a while to clear the roads. And it is sticking to some of the lesser/unsalted roads. Supposed to get down to 17 tonight. Brrrrr. My coach cancelled her lessons in the morning, so I get to sleep in rather than skate.

OOTD: Athleta Ranier leggings, t-shirt, and lightweight hoodie under a heavy Northface fleece. I am a believer in layering.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, well, the cold weather is here too and it is supposed to stay cold throughout the weekend.

Right now it is misting rain and 49........the high tomorrow is supposed to be 45 with a low of 34..........with rain tomorrow too.

I am in my Lou & Grey black pants and a copper colored long sleeved top.

That’s cold even for northern FL. But sounds better than my -2 & snow showers!!!

• Like 2