for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, Ohhhh....she was supposed to be the Flag Bearer! And I see she is now in Isolation. So sorry😧

Yeah.  I can't post all I want about this.  Last I heard was they were going to release her to the athletes village but took her to another isolation facility.  Told her it was for 14 days; her competition starts in 13 days.  We'll see what happens.  She's had multiple negative tests.  

• Like 1

Hi girls, have some news today.......I went to the GYN today as a follow up (had a visit in Nov). He wanted me to have an ultrasound of my ovaries.  (Family history and all that).......My mom died of Ovarian back in 1993.   Anyway,  there are 2 cysts on my left ovary that are showing up and so now I have to go see an Oncologist.  Ironically,  I will be seeing the same Dr who treated my Mom all those years ago. I remember him very well and our family really liked him a lot.  Now, hopefully this will not be cancer....but my Doc was definitely in the mind set of having it checked out.......he said there are 2 cysts next to each other....one larger........the 2 of them = about 1.75 inches in length. I saw the pictures from the Ultra sound and you can definitely see them. The Dr's office is sending all the paperwork to the other Dr's office and they are supposed to call me to set up a consult for the first appt......that probably won't happen till Monday. 

Anyway,  if you could send a good thought this way, I would really appreciate it.🙂

• Like 3

Lois - absolutely good thoughts coming your way!!!  You deserve some good health news!

Getting slightly miffed at my ex.  He's trying to do a refi on his house.  Since he's on the mortgage for my house (only signed - I pay everything),  this re-financer wants a whole lot of data from me, more than the last time he refi'd.  They want a year's worth of my entire credit union statements, not just selected proof that I paid.  And, a year's worth of the statements from my mortgage co.   I got what I gave before from my online accounts - selecting those payments and sending the results.  My CU statements have everything, every account every spending.  I get everything online, I don't get paper statements. I don't want to give out all that info - they should only need to see the payments, which I sent.   I told him to go back and ask why they want all account and transaction data since all they are looking for is to see that he is not making any of the payments...  It's like I'm asking for a refi instead of him!!

OOTD: sweats and a Tshirt for now.  Leggings swap when I go to the store for food later.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, have some news today.......I went to the GYN today as a follow up (had a visit in Nov). He wanted me to have an ultrasound of my ovaries.  (Family history and all that).......My mom died of Ovarian back in 1993.   Anyway,  there are 2 cysts on my left ovary that are showing up and so now I have to go see an Oncologist.  Ironically,  I will be seeing the same Dr who treated my Mom all those years ago. I remember him very well and our family really liked him a lot.  Now, hopefully this will not be cancer....but my Doc was definitely in the mind set of having it checked out.......he said there are 2 cysts next to each other....one larger........the 2 of them = about 1.75 inches in length. I saw the pictures from the Ultra sound and you can definitely see them. The Dr's office is sending all the paperwork to the other Dr's office and they are supposed to call me to set up a consult for the first appt......that probably won't happen till Monday. 

Anyway,  if you could send a good thought this way, I would really appreciate it.🙂

Lots of good thoughts heading up to Jacksonville!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lois R said:

sending good thoughts you way Lois,  hope they get you in fast, & it turns out as benign as possible 🙂 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

sending good thoughts you way Lois,  hope they get you in fast, & it turns out as benign as possible 🙂 

Hi Debbie, thank you.🙂

• Like 1

Hi Cynthia, thanks so much.  I went out for pasta and a good glass of wine for dinner............the place is one of my favorites and ALL the pasta is made on site made from scratch.

I keep thinking......they are going to have to cut because it is the only way to do a biopsy...........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, thanks so much.  I went out for pasta and a good glass of wine for dinner............the place is one of my favorites and ALL the pasta is made on site made from scratch.

I keep thinking......they are going to have to cut because it is the only way to do a biopsy...........

i wonder if they can do a needle biopsy like for a breast issue? 

pasta and wine - sounds good to me!

oh - if i don't capitalize words that i should it is because the left shift key on my macbook is acting up...

Lois, I opted to have the ovaries removed because of family history & that was done laparoscopically. Wasn’t a terrible surgery & the peace of mind was worth it to me. Hope you get in quickly. 

Kat, sounds like that’s an aggressive lender. Can you get your ex off your house now?

my hand surgery is in 2 hours, just getting ready to leave for the surgery center in below zero temps & about 6” of new snow.   I’ll try to post when I’m done. Melody

• Like 1

I'll be thinking good thoughts for Melody all day!!

The ex's lender is saying changed in federal lending rules is why they need all this from me.  apparently they are going to call me directly to see what we can do.  i'm not comfy giving those statements to my ex so he can see my finances nor am i comfy giving those to a 3rd party where I'm not benefiting from it.  i expect them to ask for a lie detector test next!   i can't get him off my mortgage because i technically don't qualify solo.  Tried a few times on a refi - they don't like my hourly wage, even though i have stock and 401k to pay everything off if i wanted to.  i think i was 51% of my money to mortgage and they wanted no more than 40%.  not a biggie, until he goes and refi's again.  3rd time he's done this in 3 years...  

on the olympics front, the Chinese tried to play the fake 'we're taking you back to the olympic village, but really taking you to another isolation facility and you have to stay there for a week' with a skeleton athlete from Belgium.  She's one of the top sliders, too.  massive pushback and intervention by her federation got that squashed.  She's in the village now, but in a single room and can't mingle with anyone.  She can't do the first set of training runs, either.  i'm sure the jury for skeleton will bend rules so she can still compete even if she can't complete the necessary number of training runs.  

ootd:  jeans and a hoodie.  Gosh, i love that i can dress nice and casual at work!!!  

• Like 1

Hi PH, thanks for that information. Good to know!.......I thought I found a different Dr (closer to where I live) but after multiple phone calls I found out he does not accept my insurance plan👎.☹️.........so I need to call my GYN back on Monday and they need to re fax my records to the Dr I mentioned in my first post.  His office is further away but I certainly cannot do this procedure without insurance! They do accept my plan.   Weird thing is, the one who doesn't....well their office accepts FL Blue Select (which is what I have) but not my particular plan number...........I was going a bit nuts today. But I will just take a breath and start fresh on Monday.  (I hope that all made sense).  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi PH, thanks for that information. Good to know!.......I thought I found a different Dr (closer to where I live) but after multiple phone calls I found out he does not accept my insurance plan👎.☹️.........so I need to call my GYN back on Monday and they need to re fax my records to the Dr I mentioned in my first post.  His office is further away but I certainly cannot do this procedure without insurance! They do accept my plan.   Weird thing is, the one who doesn't....well their office accepts FL Blue Select (which is what I have) but not my particular plan number...........I was going a bit nuts today. But I will just take a breath and start fresh on Monday.  (I hope that all made sense).  

Lois, I completely understand what you're going through with the insurance, it's so very frustrating...  I hope you're able to work it out & get the easier route for the biopsy... so wrong that you are having something that needs biopsy, & yet you are expected to jump though hoops to make it happen the right way...  hopefully on Monday everyone can get stuff in order for you to get the biopsy...& still sending good thoughts your way for a clear outcome 🙂 

• Like 2

lois - i understand!  I called today to get my mammogram and bone scan scheduled.  when the person asked what i insurance i had, i said medicare (she should have seen that already on the screen).  she then says medicare won't pay for a mammogram onless it's a diagnostic one and apparently they don't consider this one diagnostic.  She said i have to call my pcP back and tell her to change the code to something medicare will accept!!!!  *****??  

i hope you get it all straightened out and all is well.

Hi all -- yesterday was the two-week countdown to my actual move. I "fired" my movers earlier this week because I felt like they were not a good fit for me and kept talking down to me when I'd ask questions. I think they are more used to moving kids just starting out without a lot of stuff that is valuable, and no questions asked. I asked around my neighborhood and found a different local mover with a very responsive and reassuring coordinator who not only has patiently answered my questions but is actually proactive, calling ME to discuss the condo requirements for moving that I sent to her.

So now I feel much better and raring to go this weekend. It's amazing how much impact stress can have on your energy level!

DS did not ever test positive for COVID so after a week and three negative tests he is home this weekend to help me. 

Melody I hope the surgery went very well. And Lois, I hope you get your doctor sorted. I agree that insurance hassles are the worst!

• Like 2

Good morning girls, Kat, usually a mamo is a "wellness" visit........you should never be charged! Hope your Dr's office gets the right code over there asap.

March 2023 I turn 65 so I will be on Medicare then too..........looks like things don't run smoothly for them either😲

I will be calling my Dr first thing Monday morning to get this done (again).

Cynthia, sorry you had issues with the movers but very glad to hear you have new ones that you are happy with now. Does not sound like the other company were very professional! 

Melody, thinking of you and hope you are doing ok.🙂

• Like 2

11 hours ago, slidergirl said:

lois - i understand!  I called today to get my mammogram and bone scan scheduled.  when the person asked what i insurance i had, i said medicare (she should have seen that already on the screen).  she then says medicare won't pay for a mammogram onless it's a diagnostic one and apparently they don't consider this one diagnostic.  She said i have to call my pcP back and tell her to change the code to something medicare will accept!!!!  *****??  

i hope you get it all straightened out and all is well.

She must be confused, Medicare pays 100% for annual screening mammograms. It’s possible the office may have coded it wrong to start with, I had that problem once with my insurance. The office had coded mine as inpatient, not outpatient, so insurance kept denying it.  It took almost 10 months to get it straightened out. Very frustrating! As is your situation, Lois, a patient should not have to wade through bureaucracy to get needed care.

Cynthia, good luck with your move!  And, Melody, hope you everything went according to plan!

Sherri🙂

• Like 3

Hi Sherri, happens every time.......we are the ones who have to do it.😧......when I spoke to the one Dr's office (the one I was hoping for---much closer to where I live).....well, when I spoke to them on the phone, the gal was very pleasant but she is the one who told me to call my insurance company to make sure they were on my plan........I said, "Can't you tell me that"?? So that was a no.....she said the patient needs to do that........so I called and the CSR was very nice there too (got lucky I guess) but he put me on hold for a long time......finally came back and apologized for the lengthy hold time......and said he could not see them showing up on my plan........when I tried calling my GYN back they had closed for the day as they only work 1/2 day on Fridays!😲

• Like 1

Thanks all for the good wishes. Surgery went well & nerve blocks are absolutely the best!  They gave me the long-lasting nerve block & it’s expected to last up to 72 hours!  I’d be happy with another day!!  Totally immobilized in a sling that I can’t remove for anything until Monday…I hate sponge baths!!  No showers or bath till Monday. Doc did remove the thumb joint & did the tendon repair. He also did something with the cubital nerve by the elbow. Haven’t taken any pain meds due to the nerve block. All in all, doing well. 

Lois, hope you get resolution soon.  Melody

• Like 4

melody - that is good news!!!   i never had a nerve block - sounds like a good thing!  now, you get to sit back, relax and get that thumb all better.

lois - yes, it is really good news for Elana.  She's missed out on some track walks to get familiar with the track.  But, she was there when the international federation tested and approved the track so she has at least been down it a couple of times.  

i'm not in a good mood at all.  Sometime between about 9 and 11pm last night, my furnace decided to stop working!!!  of course it would do this on a weekend on the coldest set of nights of the year.  i couldn't figure out why i felt so cold in bed - i got up around 3am to look and sure enough, no heat.   right now, at 9:40am, it's 43 degrees in the house!!!  good thing i have cold weather camping gear!   i was able to get hold of a repairman and he said he'd be here in about 2 hours.  if he can fix it, he will, but if he needs a part, it'll be monday before he can do it.  that's ok.  i can hang out in my sweats and my 10 degree sleeping bag!!   it was down to 5 degrees last night, it'll be down to 8 degrees tonight.  Wish me luck!!

eta:  YESSSS!!!  the guy got here much faster than expected.  he's been to houses in the neighborhood before and knows the furnace.  Apparently there's a little piece by the timer that will shrink and get out of place.  All that he needed to do was a 2 minute fix on that piece and it started working!!!!!    All good in the hood now!!

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 3