for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Cynthia - Merci!

My co-workers have deserted me today.  Both left early, one because we weren't busy and the other because she started having kidney pains (she's had kidney stones before).   I've got a lot of time to do my research tonight.

I have nothing against hotel restaurants - the best restaurant in Rome is at the Waldorf Astoria!  

I enjoy sitting at counters if offered.   When I was at Roscioli, they didn't do dinner at the little counter.   You know me - I'm big on researching restaurants for at least one good dinner and others for interesting lunches.  

If I'm on the prowl for duck, where would be my best place to hunt?   Marseille, Aix, Bordeaux, Paris?   I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for duck breast and duck confit and cassoulet.   

I was browsing Michelin last night for kicks.  Bouchons did not sound like my thing - pate, offal and organ meats.  I had real good fois gras once - it was OK but nothing I'd run for.  There was one I saw that had pistachio sausages that sounded interesting.  I actually looked at L'Institut - some pretty esoteric offerings.  Restaurants run by culinary institutes are usually a good bet.   who knows - this is at the end of my trip and I may have to go with trail bars for my meals 😉

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, well, it is Superbowl Sunday.........Debbie, I am sure LA is a buzz........I have to admit though, I am rooting for the Bengals...........hope it is a good game though!  Instead of buying wings, I bought some whole wings from Publix and will just put some spices on them and a bit of olive oil and bake them🙂......was looking on line and there are probably 10,000 recipes LOL..........

I did get some chips and onion dip. Haven't had any in a long, long time. I forgot how much I love onion dip!  

Tomorrow morning is my Dr's appt.........will let ya'll know what happens.

Have a good day everyone.🙂

I'm sitting here at work.  No Super Bowl for me.  I don't mind, though.  I cannot stand the commentary that goes with football.  If I had access to a raw feed, it might be worth it.   

I did bring Super Bowl food to work - granola bars and red licorice.  

I had sooo many people ask me to day if anyplace in town they could order wings.  At this late time, I'd think Domino's was it!!   As long as the TVs work in the condos (knock on wood), it should be a very quiet night.  I might go on CBC (canadian TV) here on the computer and watch monobob.  Kallie was sitting 1st and Elana 4th after the first 2 runs yesterday.

OOTD:  Jeans, white tank and my tan Viori jacket and my Olu Kai hi tops.

• Like 1

I think my husband is watching the SB, but only for the commercials and half time concert.  I will be watching ice dance. Much more exciting. We did have my daughter, granddaughter, and daughter's BFF (I call her Daughter 3.0 and she calls me Mom 2.0) over for SB food.  MASH is on now, then the Olympics. 

OOTD: off-brand joggers and glitter flag t-shirt that I made. I'm a slacker.

• Like 1

Kat. A gold & silver for Kaillie & Elana. Fabulous to watch the runs!!  

the ice dancing was fabulous too. Bronze & 4th. Should’ve been silver & bronze in my old judge’s eyes. Russian swizzles weren’t that spectacular. Melody

Hi girls, went to the Doc.......first, she is really nice so happy about that.......she explained quite a bit of stuff to me it got a bit confusing and I started to cry........she was really empathic.  I took a few minutes to gather myself..

So anyway, she gave me a pelvic exam and they took 3 test tubes of blood. I am having a procedure next week. Have to go to the hospital for it.  They have only one way to really check what is going on inside me......she seemed pretty sure  that it is not a malignancy.......but they need to check inside me for truer answers.

I should probably be able to go home the same day......so outpatient most likely.

This is not surgery.....but a more detailed exam of the cervix/uterus with a camera.. So she is not cutting.  (thankfully). But I am being put under so will be asleep.  Let us hope it is not malignant........

Anyway, just wanted to let you know what happened. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, went to the Doc.......first, she is really nice so happy about that.......she explained quite a bit of stuff to me it got a bit confusing and I started to cry........she was really empathic.  I took a few minutes to gather myself..

So anyway, she gave me a pelvic exam and they took 3 test tubes of blood. I am having a procedure next week. Have to go to the hospital for it.  They have only one way to really check what is going on inside me......she seemed pretty sure  that it is not a malignancy.......but they need to check inside me for truer answers.

I should probably be able to go home the same day......so outpatient most likely.

This is not surgery.....but a more detailed exam of the cervix/uterus with a camera.. So she is not cutting.  (thankfully). But I am being put under so will be asleep.  Let us hope it is not malignant........

Things can seem overwhelming especially when it is something new. Sounds like your doctor has a good approach to listening and explaining.  Sending {{{{{ HUGS }}}}} your way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Thank you for the update Lois, sounds like a wonderful Dr.   & so glad to hear no cutting.... sending more hugs your way...  & grateful that you have a Dr. who really cares 🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

That sounds like some positive news today, I know you will be relieved to have this over.  More hugs and positive thoughts from the beach!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Lois - it sounds like you received some good reassurance from this MD.  It makes a world of difference, doesn't it!!  I'll keeping good thoughts for your procedure and flawless recovery.

Melody - I was cleaning the coffee machine here at work today when the last 2 runs of monobob came on the Olympic Channel.  So, I got to watch Kaillie and Elana's last runs.  The one thing that I noticed right away with Kaillie's push vs the others was that hers was so powerful and focused.  Her body wasn't moving side to side and her head was straight ahead.   Elana has a powerful push, too - she set the track push record on the first run.  Kaillie's just struck a chord with me.   I wish she had been more magnanimous on the podium with Christine (from Canada).  I know she has very bad blood with the Canadians from her issues and release from the team, but at least smile and put your arm around her like everyone else on the podium does.  It was a little petulant of her.  But, that's Kaillie. 

Purple - I haven't caught a glimpse of any ice skating/dancing yet.   It gets shown at the wrong time for when I'm doing work in the owners' lounge.  I've seen cross country and hockey, though.   

Cynthia - I did some browsing of Les Bouchons Lyonaise last night.  Decided they are definitely not for me.  One had Lyonaise Salade, which I always get at Bouchon in Vegas - greens, lardons, egg.  Yummy.  I thought "yes, I can go there" until Google Translate told me their version of the salad had beef snout and pig trotters in it.  No thank you!!   I think I'll keep hunting!!! 

OOTD:  jeans, black tank, my cool camo jacket.   It's warm in here, so if I wear a tank, I can wear a few of my light jackets.  

• Like 1

Lois, this doctor sounds like a keeper. I’ve had that procedure (quite awhile ago), they just told me to hold still!  I’d have really liked having your doc!!!  Difference of military & civilian doctors. I hope all goes well with the procedure, at least you’ll have definitive answers after it. Hugs. Melody

• Like 1

13 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Cynthia - I did some browsing of Les Bouchons Lyonaise last night.  Decided they are definitely not for me.  One had Lyonaise Salade, which I always get at Bouchon in Vegas - greens, lardons, egg.  Yummy.  I thought "yes, I can go there" until Google Translate told me their version of the salad had beef snout and pig trotters in it.  No thank you!!   I think I'll keep hunting!!! 

I've tried some of these local specialties but (just like tripe and offal in Rome) they are not really my thing either.

5 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Lois, this doctor sounds like a keeper. I’ve had that procedure (quite awhile ago), they just told me to hold still!  I’d have really liked having your doc!!!  Difference of military & civilian doctors. I hope all goes well with the procedure, at least you’ll have definitive answers after it. Hugs. Melody

Good morning Melody.......are you referring to a "D&C"? That is what she explained to me is what I am having.  And to be honest, she said you can have it in the office but (A BIG but) it can be painful and in my case, she actually recommended I have it at the hospital and be put under.......no pain at all that way.  The only part that is funky is....she said I need to be at the hospital at 5:30am😲

The other part of my story I have not brought up......I am supposed to be going on a cruise on March 30th for 18 days.......it is a trip to Europe.  I have to let them know by March 1st in order to get a full FCC on it.......the Dr  said she thinks I should be good to go but I will wait for the results to come back from next week. If it is negative I will go on the trip. If not?.......well, don't want to think that way right now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning Melody.......are you referring to a "D&C"? That is what she explained to me is what I am having.  And to be honest, she said you can have it in the office but (A BIG but) it can be painful and in my case, she actually recommended I have it at the hospital and be put under.......no pain at all that way.  The only part that is funky is....she said I need to be at the hospital at 5:30am😲

The other part of my story I have not brought up......I am supposed to be going on a cruise on March 30th for 18 days.......it is a trip to Europe.  I have to let them know by March 1st in order to get a full FCC on it.......the Dr  said she thinks I should be good to go but I will wait for the results to come back from next week. If it is negative I will go on the trip. If not?.......well, don't want to think that way right now.

Yes, it was a D&C (dilation & curettage) military docs back then (early 80s) weren’t always very kind!  It’s a breeze with light anesthesia. If that’s all you have done you should be fine for your cruise . 

7 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Yes, it was a D&C (dilation & curettage) military docs back then (early 80s) weren’t always very kind!  It’s a breeze with light anesthesia. If that’s all you have done you should be fine for your cruise . 

7 minutes ago, awhfy said:

thanks......they do have to check to make sure nothing shows any malignancy...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

oops.....not sure what I did to click on your post twice. Sometimes this site makes me nuts.

Anyway, she said the same thing. But I want the results to know for sure.

You should have some results before you leave the hospital. 

Melody - awwww, what a guy.   I look at that cast and I think "geez she could do some damage to someone" 😉

Lois - I know nothing about D&Cs, so I can't comment.  But, your MD sounds excellent.  Having an empathetic MD makes a big difference.

I'm all by myself already today.  6 more hours.  Boss had today off and co-worker is out sick.  Someone came up from the Home Office to cover the morning until I arrived.   Good thing there are no arrivals and no departures today.  I may sit upstairs and watch some Olympics.   Or, I may work on my vacation plans a little more.   I feel so lazy when I hear my one friend talk about making her flight reservations today for her 3 month hike solo on the Camino de Santiago in Spain this summer. Bada$$ woman she is!  And, she is 63!!!

OOTD:  jeans, white tank, and my red/white/blue plaid moto jacket.  I pulled that one of the "good work" clothes closet.  Haven't worn it since my last day at The Chateaux 3 years ago (still had my name tag on it).  Seemed a little patriotic for my USA team friends.   And, my hi-tops. 

• Like 2

Melody, what beautiful flowers & vase!  & your cast, yikes!  it's huge...  I pictured something smaller...  how much longer do yo have to wear it?

Lois, thank goodness of drugs that knock you out 🙂.  I know this is stressful, but at least they can make it as comfortable as possible...  I'm hoping for you that you can keep your cruise...  it'll be a great way to celebrate & relax after this...

Ladies, I have some good (for me) medical news...  I don't know if anyone remembers my pneumonia from January...  well, it never got better, only worse...  the last 6 weeks I've been a human pincushion & endless test subject... they drained almost 2 liters of fluid from my right chest on Thursday...  & I slept for almost 26 hours after that...  was able to breathe for the first time in a long time 🙂.  They tested it for lots of very bad things...  & it all came back negative yesterday!  No cancer, no mesothelioma, & few others.    

I didn't write here as I'm not sure if my kids look at this, & I didn't want to say anything to them till I had results...  I'm super relieved, taking some crazy antibiotics that have me sleeping non stop, & feeling dopey...  hoping to slowly get back to walking daily when I'm allowed, & then getting back to hiking & hopefully running again 🙂

I kept my May cruise reservation...  I figured either way, I was going to need it...  I'll have to scale back some of our hiking plans, & probably spend more time relaxing than usual, but how lucky am I that right now it looks like I can go forward with that 🙂

& Lois, I have so much empathy & understanding about how difficult it is to get things scheduled, especially if you're feeling very sick... I never realized before how much power the people who send over referrals & schedule things like CT scans & biopsies have over whether you get better or not... 

Anyway, that's my story 🙂

Lois, sending more good wishes your way!

• Like 2

Hi Debbie, I didn't realize you had been so ill for so long........so sorry about that but very glad to see you are ok!!! 🙂

Kat, it is basically getting tissue from the uterus and lining to be tested.  You can Google it if you want more detailed information. The Dr actually showed me a picture so I could understand better myself.

It made more sense looking at everything. 

Melody, the flowers are lovely🙂

Thank you all for the good thoughts.

• Like 2

Debbie, I, glad you’re finally on the mend, what a nerve wracking 2 weeks. 

here’s the new splint as of today. PT said I can see you’ll be trouble (try to do too much). I can only remove this to shower until 4 March, then they’ll start my pt. I’ll have to wear the splint on the plane so I’m not tempted to grab anything. Can’t swim or gym until 1 Apr (we leave on cruise 7 Apr)

Lois, best thoughts for a good outcome from your procedure Melody

F6075F94-F7EC-46DF-AEA2-550CE5E1D2E9.jpeg

• Like 2