for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Wow, Debbie, you’ve had a very rough start to 2022, glad that you are feeling better.  

Melody, you are looking great!  Beautiful roses, too!

Lois, I will be thinking about you next week.  I’ve had several D&Cs, not a difficult procedure, especially with anesthesia.  I was back to work the next day😂

Cynthia, hope your move is going well! 

Kat, I am enjoying reading about your trip planning!  I would love to go back to Europe but not ready to do a long flight yet, so I am living vicariously through you!

We are going on a cruise Saturday if all goes well with our testing tomorrow.   Leaving from Ft Lauderdale on Celebrity Apex which I am really excited about as it is a beautiful ship.  We were docked next to it in one of the ports, Apex looks amazing!  This cruise is all about the ship😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Debbie - wow.  I don't know how you got through all this time with the lungs that bad.  Good to know that the drainage worked to make you feel better.  I just hope it keeps getting better and better.  Take it easy on yourself.

Sherri - another cruise!  Just fab - totally enjoy it!  

It's my lazy day.  Tomorrow I'll get my shopping done

• Like 1

19 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Debbie - wow.  I don't know how you got through all this time with the lungs that bad.  Good to know that the drainage worked to make you feel better.  I just hope it keeps getting better and better.  Take it easy on yourself.

Sherri - another cruise!  Just fab - totally enjoy it!  

It's my lazy day.  Tomorrow I'll get my shopping done

thank you!  Oddly, it's only the right lung, so I think having one function helped... might have to have a bit more drained, but it wasn't that bad, so I'm up for it if needed 🙂

Enjoy your lazy day!   tomorrow I finally get to drive again 😉

• Like 1

Well, the hospital "insurance and billing" dept called me today.........asking for a chuck of change..........It threw me for a loop and I told the lady, no.......I will pay AFTER the Doc preforms my procedure.  I don't know if that is normal or not but she wanted more than a grand.......I guess I will see if someone else calls me back tomorrow..........They can send me a bill.

Lois, I had the same thing happen before my recent surgery. I laughed at the gal. I don’t have copay’s with my insurance. She said ‘what?’  I told her, I don’t have copay’s, check your books. You accepted my insurances 

Good morning, Melody......I do have a deductible but it is only Feb. No way I would have already met it.

And they do take my insurance too.  Maybe I am out of the loop but why would I have to pay anything up front?

They can do the procedure first, then send me a bill.  I know someone is calling me again on Monday anyway. I was told they call the day before to re-confirm the timing of it all. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

Well, the hospital "insurance and billing" dept called me today.........asking for a chuck of change..........It threw me for a loop and I told the lady, no.......I will pay AFTER the Doc preforms my procedure.  I don't know if that is normal or not but she wanted more than a grand.......I guess I will see if someone else calls me back tomorrow..........They can send me a bill.

That seems really crazy, Lois!  The only time I have ever heard of paying up front was with our patients who had no insurance. Our self pay patients were put on a contract and had to make payments prior to their delivery date.  

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 9:35 AM, awhfy said:

Sherri, I’d like to hear about Apex. Did you have a sunset balcony (or suite) or one of those infinite (Oceanview window to us) balconies. I’m really interested in the 4 dining rooms too

I will let you know what we think!  We are staying in a infinite balcony cabin, my husband wanted to give it a try and we are in Aqua class which is also new for us. Aqua class has their own restaurant, Blu, for breakfast and dinner but I have been looking at the menus and, honestly, I think I would prefer the dining rooms.  I’m going to see if we have that option as well.

Sherri🙂

Well, I just spoke with 2 different people......first, the really nice nurse who helped me to start......she said the pre-payment is from the Insurance Company and what they require.......so I decided to call Blue Cross. Spoke with a very good CSR.......he said what I was told was not true..........he said the insurance company has nothing to do with how the hospital gets their patients to pay!  Of course they have a contract with the cost of the different surgeries, procedures, etc.....but as for when the hospital gets their money? He said what I was told was simply un true.............So it is the hospital who wants the money up front.

Well, I had to pay......just got off the phone for a 3rd call.  Seems there have been ALOT of people who choose to skip out on paying so of course we folks who do pay are the ones being penalized. The lady was very courteous and tried to explain it all to me......the nurse did give me wrong information. I don't think she did it intentionally.  I even asked if I could give them 1/2......she said they don't take partial payments (which is really unheard of)......but I did not want to get into a ------- match with them. I need the procedure.  She gave me a breakdown of each item.......procedure, anesthesiology, etc........and what the cost is and what the allowable is.........etc...etc...etc.........Oh well.  I gave her a credit card.

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Well, I had to pay......just got off the phone for a 3rd call.  Seems there have been ALOT of people who choose to skip out on paying so of course we folks who do pay are the ones being penalized. The lady was very courteous and tried to explain it all to me......the nurse did give me wrong information. I don't think she did it intentionally.  I even asked if I could give them 1/2......she said they don't take partial payments (which is really unheard of)......but I did not want to get into a ------- match with them. I need the procedure.  She gave me a breakdown of each item.......procedure, anesthesiology, etc........and what the cost is and what the allowable is.........etc...etc...etc.........Oh well.  I gave her a credit card.

Lois, everything I've had done in the hospital last 2 months, they have made me pre pay... I have blue shield...  they've had me prepay copay part for the hospital, but said I will be billed for the Dr. part separately.. The 'fun" part is that they wouldn't let me pay over phone, it's always right before check in for procedure...  so they've been adding an hour to the waiting time... in other words:  procedure at 2pm, please show up at 11 & pay, now wait for hours...  bleh.      I know I should be checking on pricing more, but honestly I'm to the point where I just hand them the credit card 

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Lois, everything I've had done in the hospital last 2 months, they have made me pre pay... I have blue shield...  they've had me prepay copay part for the hospital, but said I will be billed for the Dr. part separately.. The 'fun" part is that they wouldn't let me pay over phone, it's always right before check in for procedure...  so they've been adding an hour to the waiting time... in other words:  procedure at 2pm, please show up at 11 & pay, now wait for hours...  bleh.      I know I should be checking on pricing more, but honestly I'm to the point where I just hand them the credit card 

Hi Debbie,  the gal emailed me a copy of the receipt. They definitely allow you to pay with a credit card over the phone.  They also sent me a breakdown of how much the actual cost is less the amount allowed and how much I pay along with a letter.  It is done now.........of course I don't know if I will be receiving some "surprise" after the procedure.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sjb317 said:

I will let you know what we think!  We are staying in a infinite balcony cabin, my husband wanted to give it a try and we are in Aqua class which is also new for us. Aqua class has their own restaurant, Blu, for breakfast and dinner but I have been looking at the menus and, honestly, I think I would prefer the dining rooms.  I’m going to see if we have that option as well.

Sherri🙂

You can decide to eat in MDR even if you’re in Blu

First of the year sucks big time for medical insurance!!!  Your deductible starts from scratch.  I forgot about that when I went to pick up my Jardience at the pharmacy.  Not only did the price go up, but I had to pay full price because of the deductible.  $733 for a 3 month supply!!!!!!!   There went my iPhone purchase.  Even my pharmacist got on the phone to see if there was any way to get it cheaper.   At least now I met my deductible for the year so the price will drop.  Sigh.  But at least the $733 was a good $300-500 less than goodrx,singlecare, etc.    I have to see if I can drop from the 25mg to the 10mg next time I go in - those are MUCH less expensive.  

Busy day today at work.  I was running around from noon until 4pm checking units, changing lightbulbs, fixing the coffeemaker, checking in people.  I finally sat down for a moment.  I see wine in my future tonight!!!

OOTD:  my black wideleg pants, black tank and my tan Vuori jacket.  Hi tops.  

• Like 2

Paying up front is not a new thing. When I had elbow surgery in 2019, the facility required my portion prior to surgery, as well as the surgeon's portion. To make it even more incredible, it was the surgery center *I work at*. They employ me--if I don't pay them back, they can take it directly from my paycheck. And no "professional discount" either. The only benefits I got from having surgery at my place of employment was that I was able to pick my own staff and my RN gave me an extra warm blanket. I even picked all the supplies for my case the day before (not planned, it just happened).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

Paying up front is not a new thing. When I had elbow surgery in 2019, the facility required my portion prior to surgery, as well as the surgeon's portion. To make it even more incredible, it was the surgery center *I work at*. They employ me--if I don't pay them back, they can take it directly from my paycheck. And no "professional discount" either. The only benefits I got from having surgery at my place of employment was that I was able to pick my own staff and my RN gave me an extra warm blanket. I even picked all the supplies for my case the day before (not planned, it just happened).

Hi PH, thanks for the post. But sorry to read they didn't give you SOME sort of discount. As for my OOTD, I am out for lunch and came across an Arts & Crafts festival. I am in jeans and a lavender print top and a a lightweight Grey cardigan. Lunch was delicious. Grilled chicken pesto sandwich with provolone cheese and baby spring mix salad. Splurged on a lemon drop martini!  AND really splurged for dessert. A poached pear with small scoop of vanilla Gelato and a cup of tea.YUMMY😀

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi PH, thanks for the post. But sorry to read they didn't give you SOME sort of discount. As for my OOTD, I am out for lunch and came across an Arts & Crafts festival. I am in jeans and a lavender print top and a a lightweight Grey cardigan. Lunch was delicious. Grilled chicken pesto sandwich with provolone cheese and baby spring mix salad. Splurged on a lemon drop martini!  AND really splurged for dessert. A poached pear with small scoop of vanilla Gelato and a cup of tea.YUMMY😀

That's a good splurge!!!

Slow day at the "office" after a fast & furious afternoon yesterday.  I HATE smart TVs and owners who do not set up their TVs so guests can watch "normal" TV.   Want to watch the Olympics?  Sorry, but your unit owner only has Apple TV and Netflix access... The owners need to get their acts together on all their TVs and provide at one access app to get live TV.   I dread phone calls at night because 9 times out of 10 it's about the TVs.

OOTD:  teal Athleta hoodie, jeans, hi tops.  

Hi Kat, sorry about you not being able to watch the games............I know early this morning was the bobsled.........looks like we won the Bronze and Elena Meyers Taylor will carry the flag for the Closing Ceremony.  I am really happy for her😃

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, sorry about you not being able to watch the games............I know early this morning was the bobsled.........looks like we won the Bronze and Elena Meyers Taylor will carry the flag for the Closing Ceremony.  I am really happy for her😃

I'm getting info other ways - the international federation is posting things.   yes, Elana won Bronze.  

I think it's a great gesture by the USA team to vote her the flag bearer since she was quarantined for the Opening.   I was mildly surprised that the German women went 1-2.  The German men went gangbusters in the 2 and 4 man, too.  A good showing for them.

ATTENTION:  Stanley Tucci's new season in Italy starts March 13 on CNN.  looks like he may visit Venice, Torino, Valle D'Aosta, Umbria from what I've seen.  I can't wait!!

• Like 3

Well, the move is done -- at least the actual transportation of things from hither to yon. I am exhausted. Taking today off from my unpacking "duties" (it was my birthday yesterday so I am observing it today).  At the end of the day it was a bit sad to leave the cottage (for DS also, as it was the place he grew up), but by the time everything was gone from there and moved HERE, it already seems more like home.

I will catch up later today on what everyone's been up to. Also happy that I have tomorrow off as well. 😁

• Like 3