for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi Sharon, thanks for the encouraging post😀.  The Robot is the only way my Dr does the surgery. It would be nice to have a quicker recovery time, that is for sure. 

It really is good to see you again:classic_smile:

• Like 1

OK, here’s what has been happing with me since the post I did while on my way to see my granddaughter for the first time. That was last May! We also saw her in June and then in August/September. DS, DIL and GD few to CA for a month. Two weeks with the other grandparents and 2weeks with us, we originally had planned  a trip to So Cal to visit relatives and to go to D-Land and CA Adventure. Then Delta came along and plans changed. We cancelled the D-Land part and just visited with family. We did go for lunch at the Disneyland hotel’s outdoor casual restaurant and strolled thru Downtown Disney. Kept it all outdoors because of the baby. We got as far as the entrance to Disneyland and took selfies. So close yet so far…….

In December we flew to MN for an early Christmas-just before Omicron hit. Had lots of fun and pretty much stuck to outdoor activities -we don’t mind the colder temps.and the baby was bundled up in her stroller. MN has so many outdoor holiday activities! This would never happen here if we had temps in the 20’s! We did an amazing outdoor holiday themed dinner around a fire pit table,  an outdoor European Christmas market and took GD sledding. 

We are again flying to MN next week to celebrate our granddaughter’s first birthday! Hard to believe that a year has passed already. 

In between these trips, we have just dealt with all the stuff going on here including the inevitable medical stuff which finally has been resolved. We did do a quick one night visit to the Bay Area. No cruises unfortunately. I would, however, like to check out the Mississippi River cruises, They are really pricy since the crew is from the US with US wages. Oh, we did spend a few days in Grand Marais when we were in MN last May. We stayed in a lodge right on the shore of Lake Superior which almost seemed like the ocean. We visited some state parks with beautiful waterfalls and one with a light house. One of the parks was just yards from an entry point to Canada. It was closed and barricaded along with other Canadian entry points. Another Covid casualty.

So that about sums up our adventures over the past year. We miss so many things that we used to do and are hopeful that we will soon be able to once again enjoy them. Unfortunately our part of CA is still considered an area of high transmission although it is improving.

impromise to try and keep up.

Sharon.

• Like 3

Not sure what happened.  I typed my last post but it disappeared. Thinking it might show up later, I moved on. Then I wanted to reply to Lois’s last post and  my lost post showed up🤷‍♀️

Lois, if your doctor only does the robotic surgery then she must have a lot of experience and you will be in good hands. Uh, do robins have hands? Maybe just arms?

Debbie, you are right, I’ll just post and try not to get too far behind😊

Sharon

• Like 1

Sharon - welcome back!  I think we were about to send out the search hounds for you 😉  

Spent the last 2 hours setting up my new router.  Not the most intuitive setup procedure, at least not to me.  I have the MacBook, the iPhone and the printer all working now.   The TV is next.   Hopefully, my "tech life" will be back to relative normal.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Spent the last 2 hours setting up my new router.  Not the most intuitive setup procedure, at least not to me.  I have the MacBook, the iPhone and the printer all working now.   The TV is next.   Hopefully, my "tech life" will be back to relative normal.  

I can relate, just having had to set up things in my condo. I look at these things as challenges to the brain and practice at staying patient!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

I’ll just post and try not to get too far behind😊

Welcome back!!  Good to see you posting here again. And yep, just hop back in at any time. Sounds like you have had some good family times and good for you for getting out there even if travel opportunities have been limited. 

Thanks everyone, for the welcome back wishes! 

Kat, good for you getting it all figured out. I bought a Nighthawk router last September and it was a significantly more advanced setup than my Airport router. I have the Nighthawk app on my phone but really don’t use it. Just update it when prompted. 

5 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

& are you full on moved in now?   If so, that must feel so good to be finally settled instead of "in between"

Fully moved in and about 90% functional, lol. Minimal losses -- four pieces of china and a big chunk missing from my tall chest in my bedroom that will be hard to either fix or disguise 😢.

I still have about 10 book boxes to unpack, once I decide which books to put where -- I have three main "collections" -- nonfiction that's mostly ancient history, fiction, and travel. Luckily I have big built-in bookcases in my main room on either side of fireplace and I also have two bookshelves that I brought with me.  I still think I may need to cull a few....!

• Like 2

I had my first real pt session yesterday. My scar is already barely visible (yay rubbing Vaseline into the incision really works), my range of motion is already at 60%. PT said, you’re about i weeks from surgery. I said, no it’ll be 4 weeks on Friday. She said keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll be 100% shortly, great recovery. I still can’t pick up anything heavy & will have to wear my splint to fly (more to keep me from grabbing anything). Melody

• Like 2

Welcome back Sharon, I’ve wondered how you were doing.  It sounds like you have had some interesting adventures and some great times with your granddaughter which is  most important !  Hard to believe she will be a year old in just a few months!

We are leaving tomorrow to drive up to VA, our only granddaughter will be 8 on Monday and I promised her we would be there for her birthday.   I’m not looking forward to the 12 hour drive up I95,  especially South Carolina which has the worse stretch of interstate I’ve ever driven on, but it is worth it to spend time with the grands.  Lois, I will wave as we go around Jacksonville!😂

OOTD will be a baggy tshirt and gym shorts.  I have a lot to do to get ready for trip but will try to squeeze a walk in.  We have to pack winter clothes and I am hoping my jeans will fit as I have discovered the reason I lost weight during 2020 was no cruising.  My doctor will not be happy when I see him in a few weeks!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Good morning, Sherri, have a fun trip with your granddaughter🙂

Sharon, I was researching "Robotic Hysterectomies" on line..........looks like a MUCH less evasive type surgery that is for sure. Hopefully things will go smoothly. I did read about a case where the patient died😲.........not the best article to read.  The actual robot looks so 21st Century.......I guess that is where we are----

And today I go for the lung scan........it is at 3:00. They said no food or drink for 4 hours prior.....so no lunch today!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, Sherri, have a fun trip with your granddaughter🙂

Sharon, I was researching "Robotic Hysterectomies" on line..........looks like a MUCH less evasive type surgery that is for sure. Hopefully things will go smoothly. I did read about a case where the patient died😲.........not the best article to read.  The actual robot looks so 21st Century.......I guess that is where we are----

And today I go for the lung scan........it is at 3:00. They said no food or drink for 4 hours prior.....so no lunch today!

Thanks, Lois!  Good luck with your scan!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Thanks, Sherri. I know how you feel, being with our grands is worth whatever effort is necessary. Your 8 year old will always remember that her grandparents shared her special day with her. Safe travels and happy birthday to your GD. 
Sharon

• Like 1

Lois, I’m glad you read up on robotic surgery and yes, it is the way of the future. As for the death, I wonder if there were other issues that could have contributed to that tragedy. I think that your doctor most likely feels that you are a good candidate for this type of surgery or she would have referred you to another doctor who does other types of surgery. I will say that robotic surgery is much more or precise. In my sister’s case, she had scar tissue, from an old illness, that was not visible on any of the pre op scans. The robot cleaned it all up without further incident. I have also read that another advantage is that with smaller incisions there is a lower chance of infection which is a plus. 

Wishing you a good outcome from your scan today. I hope you don’t have to wait too long for results. 
Sharon

I was able to get my TV and Alexa Echos back online pretty fast.   TP-Link needs to hire some people to write better installation notes.  I had to actually go to the website to find out how to configure my security settings.  That should be in the notes provided - no one should use no security!!!  

Going to my hair stylist in an hour.  OOTD:  my overalls and a gray t-shirt.  And, of course, the high tops.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, awhfy said:

I had my first real pt session yesterday. My scar is already barely visible (yay rubbing Vaseline into the incision really works), my range of motion is already at 60%. PT said, you’re about i weeks from surgery. I said, no it’ll be 4 weeks on Friday. She said keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll be 100% shortly, great recovery. I still can’t pick up anything heavy & will have to wear my splint to fly (more to keep me from grabbing anything). Melody

She thought I was at 10 -12 weeks postop & it’ll be 4 weeks tomorrow 

• Like 1

Good morning, Melody let us hope so.  I won't know the news till Monday afternoon. There must have been something that was concerning since she wanted me to have a 2nd scan😲.

• Like 1