for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

On 3/10/2022 at 11:30 AM, Lois R said:

Cynthia, sorry I never replied to your post........I hope everything goes well with the boss. 

Thank you Lois -- and I am following all of your posts with interest. I hope you are feeling fine after your procedure. I know you said you didn't really feel effects from the fluid build-up but I am curious if you felt any better afterwards (in terms of breathing or comfort)?

I do agree about the lung issues. It was on my mind to ask whether any of this could possibly be associated with COVID exposure, but sounds like for some it is more longstanding.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, slidergirl said:

did you take a look?????   I drive my MDs crazy because I want to watch.  Closest I got so far was my GI guy gave me a photo of my intestines and my ortho gave me a photo of the stitches he put in my shoulder...   I always want a local if I can.  I mean, I told the ladies to take a photo of my shattered leg while I was sitting on the trail waiting for the EMTs.  I was hoping I could watch my ortho take some of the screws out of my leg - I mean, I was back in the kitchen cooking that night.  

BUSY day at work, but my French co-worker came through and helped me out!  She's only here 4 hours a day on Friday-Sunday, but she's picked up things so fast.  The boss was busy with owner stuff, so the two of us did all the departure inspections and arrival inspections.  It's 5:45 and I'm still waiting for one more arrival before 7pm - the other one is at 8pm and has late arrival instructions.   2 owners made surprise appearances today - good thing their condos were cleaned!!  

OOTD:  my jeans and an old light pink Vneck lightweight sweater.  Back in the day (+50 lbs), this fit like a sweater.  Now, it's more of a "boyfriend tunic".  I've always loved it.  Oh, and my hi-tops.  

I too watch as much as possible

• Like 1

Good morning, if the fluid had something to do with Covid? Then I never knew I got it---if I did at all.😲

Cynthia, I really never had breathing issues........and so to be honest with you (and everyone)I don't really feel a difference.  I did ask the Dr what would have happened if I had never had this scan and it continued to build up...she said "probably" my lung would have collapsed. So I know it is good I had it drained.

• Like 1

I must be the odd ball........I didn't have any local for the initial ultra sound.........but of course I had to when they drained the fluid.....they injected lidocaine to numb me up.

From my COVID groups, it does seem that lung issues do crop up in a good number of long haulers.  But that's not to say that everyone who has lung issues had COVID.  

We do indeed have snow - we got about another foot Monday-Thursday.  Made for happy guests.  

I'm happy to know I'm not the only one who likes to watch!!!!

Don't forget to set all your clocks ahead tonight - unless you live in one of those areas that doesn't change the time.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Gosh 3 people in our small group with lung issues. Could this be more common than we realize? 

Lung disease isn't always visible, so it's frequently an "unseen" disease.

11 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I do agree about the lung issues. It was on my mind to ask whether any of this could possibly be associated with COVID exposure, but sounds like for some it is more longstanding.  

Mine is more that 10 years long. It was officially diagnosed in 2013, but I was struggling for a while before I talked to my doc. Denial, of course.

• Like 1

Melody, I can imagine your daughter’s as you said, “grumpiness” since her life is so centered around being active. Glad it is manageable.

PH, you gave me something to think about when you said that lung disease can go undetected. In Lois’s case  that would be true had she not had a test for something else that also showed the nodules. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, awhfy said:

Our marathon PE teacher daughter was just diagnosed with exercise induced asthma. She’s a bit grumpy but it’s manageable 

oh man.  I've had EIA since I was in my 30s.  Definitely manageable.  She'll learn quickly.  

My nightmare of a guest arrives tomorrow and I'm the only one on the schedule.  He's been rude about our check-in time (it's 5pm but he wants 10am), he has to wait for the guest to depart at 10am then for housekeeping to clean his condo along with a few others.  He said he's paying for the whole day, not just the evening (not true - it's like any hotel - you pay for the nights, not the days).  He wants a guarantee that his condo will be cleaned first (we have no control on that).  Then he said his daughter just had knee surgery so she needs to be in the condo as soon as they arrive at 10am (no, but she can get comfortable in the lounge). Then he said his daughter has an ESA and has to bring it (no, the owners do not allow any pet, just ADA service animals and an ESA yorkie does not qualify).   Give me strength!!!!1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

oh man.  I've had EIA since I was in my 30s.  Definitely manageable.  She'll learn quickly.  

My nightmare of a guest arrives tomorrow and I'm the only one on the schedule.  He's been rude about our check-in time (it's 5pm but he wants 10am), he has to wait for the guest to depart at 10am then for housekeeping to clean his condo along with a few others.  He said he's paying for the whole day, not just the evening (not true - it's like any hotel - you pay for the nights, not the days).  He wants a guarantee that his condo will be cleaned first (we have no control on that).  Then he said his daughter just had knee surgery so she needs to be in the condo as soon as they arrive at 10am (no, but she can get comfortable in the lounge). Then he said his daughter has an ESA and has to bring it (no, the owners do not allow any pet, just ADA service animals and an ESA yorkie does not qualify).   Give me strength!!!!1

Ugh!  Long day tomorrow…do you feel a cough coming on??

• Like 1

7 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

PH, you gave me something to think about when you said that lung disease can go undetected. In Lois’s case  that would be true had she not had a test for something else that also showed the nodules. 

Many diseases are found by "accident." We call them "incidental findings." Lois' diagnosis is an incidental finding.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, awhfy said:

Ugh!  Long day tomorrow…do you feel a cough coming on??

I wish.  But management talked about this guest and all (the company pres, the general manager and the operations manager) said they have faith that, with my experience, I can handle whatever comes at me.  I might take my travel flask with me!!!  I think none of them wanted to deal with him so they're pawning it off on me.  

• Like 1

PH, Thanks for the professional terminology.

Kat I hope that management is willing to pay you well for your experience. This guest is a real piece of work. Can you offer him the unit at 10:00 if he agrees to wave the cleaning without any compensation or is that against a health regulation?

Well,  let us know how it goes and good luck!

Sharon

• Like 2

I forgot there was also a real estate showing of the unit Mr. Entitled was going into...  Had to wait for it, anyway.   They got here at 11:30.  It was still getting cleaned.  Mr. actually went out skiing so I don't know what his deal was.  Mrs. remembered me from last year and she was very nice.  She and the daughter waited in the lounge.  I got them in at 2:15 (right after the showing) and I did my best "thank you so much for your patience" smile.   Now, I just have to wait for the last condo to get cleaned for my 3:30 arrival.   THEN I might be able to relax.

I've been sick the past 2 days and still today - upper respiratory thing.  Lymph nodes hurt but not today,  just yellow stuff coming out of my nose, and I don't feel all that chipper.  I didn't work Saturday and Sunday because of it.  Now, my poor French co-worker is sick, too.   There was literally no one else that could have worked today.   I'm getting paid $5/hr more than I did at the last place when I was a supervisor/Manager on Duty.  And, here, I'm happy to be just the seasonal owner concierge.  If I can tough it out today and tomorrow I have my 2 days off.  But one of them is my mamo&bone scan day.  

OOTD:  jeans, a rose-taupe Tshirt, my jean/sweater jacket and my hi-tops.  No energy to wash my hair this AM, so it's back in a ponytail.  I call this look today my "sick, but upscale, slacker" look.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Kat, he sounds like a pure jerk. Wife is his counterpoint. Hope you feel better

I am at least feeling human.  Just found out that one of my owners is sick, too.  She went to Urgent Care yesterday - the Nurse Practitioner said there's a couple of viruses going around town.  Oh Yay...

Last Friday, I wrote a faux reply to the jerk.  We decided to call it "Womansplaining", since we get plenty of mansplaining around here.  Here it is:

"Mr. YYY,

It appears that you are under a few misconceptions regarding your stay.  First, last year the check-in time was changed 1 hour from 4pm to 5pm.  Our check-in time before last year had always been 4pm.  Second, we kept our 5pm check-in for this year because we started the season in a High-COVID situation in our county and town and we wanted to give Housekeeping that extra hour.  We had county-wide mask mandates until February 22, and now it is a strong suggestion to continue to wear them.  Several businesses and restaurants as well as our bus system still require masks.  And we are still in a Moderate-COVID status, county and town-wide.  So, as you can see, COVID and how we work with it is still the case here in Park City.  Third, you are paying for the nights, not the days.  This is exactly how most hotels and resorts work.  If you want to guarantee a check-in earlier than the posted time, we recommend you book the night before your arrival also.  That way, you may arrive anytime during the day.  Fourth, we do not control how long it takes to clean a condominium.  That is done by the central Housekeeping Department.  Your condo is not the only condo which needs to be cleaned for an arrival that day and Housekeeping cannot start until our posted Departure time, 10am.  As an example, I know that it takes 1 hour to do a departure clean of a single room at the St. Regis Deer Valley.  The unit you are renting is a 4 bedroom+den condo.  Depending on the condition of the unit post-departure, it could very well be 6-7 hours to thoroughly clean the unit.   

I hope this explanation helps you understand why you have the check-in time we have given to you."

• Like 3

I know that St. Regis cleaning time from experience.  When I worked there, I had to do "housekeeper for a day" as part of my Supervisor and Butler training.  I watched one room get cleaned and then I had to clean one myself.  The actual housekeeper took about 54 minutes for a simple room, but I was like 2 hours!!!  Then, the HK Director came in and inspected my room - oops - I missed some things.  I had total respect for all housekeepers after that day.

• Like 2

Kat, my first summer job was at a resort as a housekeeper. That experience came in quite handy when I’d check general officer quarters prior to arrival as a protocol officer. I think the air base is still using my checklist (lightbulbs, commodes, never wear your shoes inside the room, etc). Melody

Hi girls, good morning...........so far the news is good---the fluid is benign👍.....still waiting on some of the other results but at least this part of it is negative😃 (which is really positive news).........

• Like 4