for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Glad your “roast beef” toe surgery went well, Melody, and that you are feeling good. Thanks to you and Cynthia for the Valentine ’s Day greetings. 

Lois, you are right, the lemon Noosa does taste like lemon pie-soooo yummy!

Edited by purduemom1
  • Like 1

Melody - so good to hear that the surgery went well.  Now, with 8 weeks with the scooter, you need to learn some tricks!  Keep up the mending.

If you like the lemon Noosa, try to find the Key Lime flavor.  I have seen it in just one store up here.  It is very much like the lemon, but with a smidge of tang.  I wonder what it would be like if a graham cracker was crushed up and mixed in???

Allow me to vent (again).  Work officially sucked the past 2 days.  My co-worker didn't show up for her last day of work, leaving me to myself and the maintenance man to run things.  It was a mess.  We were totally full.  There was a big issue with one of the units and the 4 women of the pack of family friends (40 total!) all came down and were verbally agressive about it.  I was texting my manager and her manager and getting no replies.  Maintaince guy calls the company manager and then I get a surprise call from him to get our two ADA studios ready to put the kids in for the night.  And, this was when I only had a half hour left in my shift!  I was exhausted.  

THEN, yesterday, our new hire was a no-show, no-call on his first day!!!  At least my manager was there, in body, but not mind.  Still having issues with the family pack and I just made her deal with them.  I did everything else.  Now, she's a tad upset that she has to work by herself today and tomorrow because I have my days off.  She tells the company manager that she's going to just work 9-5 the next two days because there's no one else.  The big guy has the nerve to tell her to ask me to work!!!   NO FREAKIN' WAY.   I'm over the week.  And, I have to have a garage door guy come out and fix my garage door that died yesterday (to add to the fun).   She knew it was a big "no" the second she saw the look on my face.  

Good thing - my 3 favorite owners are coming to town for the weekend.  Waiting to see if my owner with the Tuscan villa really brings us some wine, olive oil and special salt from Dario Cecchini...

Vent off

OOTD:  sweats.  Not going anywhere.  

• Like 1

Hi girls, Kat, so sorry about those rude guests☹️

I was at Publix yesterday and you would have thought I would have remembered to look at yogurts LOL.....but I forgot. Oh well. Or I should say I was in the dairy section and walked right on by them! 

Melody, hope you are feeling good!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Hi all, I’m doing ok, very minimal pain, just very inactive (which isn’t my style). I’ll be back out in a couple of months. Melody 

I still say you need to learn some tricks on that scooter!!  Wow them at the skate park 😸  Beware the urge to couch shop - it's fun until the credit card bills come!!!

The guys are here installing a new garage door opener.  Mine was 20 years old and was dying.  Some money I wasn't planning on having to spend.  The garage door itself will get replaced sometime this summer - I just couldn't do it all at once, money-wise.  

At work, we reached a compromise until we get a new body in.  On my manager's days off, I'll work 9-6 (Sundays & Mondays) and work noon-7 on Fridays and Saturdays,  I can deal with that.  

I have to go to the store when the garage door is fixed.  It'll  have to be lemon Noosa since I don't want to drive into town to get the Key Lime.   And, OOTD will be my joggers, Tshirt and my big red Amazon coat as it's single digits around here.

• Like 1

UPDATE:  The new opener has a cool, bright light so I can actually see in the garage.  New motion-sensor that will turn on the light when I walk into the garage.  AND I now have a keyless entry pad outside the door so I don't have to carry a door key or opener when I go walking!  Been wanting to install one of those for years but I was too lazy.  They put new rollers on my old door so it won't creak or stop when they get cold.  So, I'm good to go for awhile.   Just have to get more tips at work to pay for it!!!

• Like 1

Kat, we had our garage door opener die 2 days before we were leaving for our December cruise. Had to hustle to get it done. Ours has the same features as yours. We’ve been very happy with it. We should’ve done it when we replaced the door last year (our opener was over 30 years old, didn’t owe us anything). Make sure you either insulate your new door yourself (really easy) or get it done at installation. 

Glad you worked out a compromise with work hours. That sounds doable.  We’ve been frigid here too with about 8” of powder on Wednesday. 

I'm trying not to recliner shop 🙄. Melody

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat, we had our garage door opener die 2 days before we were leaving for our December cruise. Had to hustle to get it done. Ours has the same features as yours. We’ve been very happy with it. We should’ve done it when we replaced the door last year (our opener was over 30 years old, didn’t owe us anything). Make sure you either insulate your new door yourself (really easy) or get it done at installation. 

Glad you worked out a compromise with work hours. That sounds doable.  We’ve been frigid here too with about 8” of powder on Wednesday. 

I'm trying not to recliner shop 🙄. Melody

We're both lucky that the openers don't take a major operation to install!  Were you at least able to close it when it died?  I had to laugh when the guy pointed out that my door actually is insulated, but there are big gaps on the sides of the door.  I didn't know it was insulated.  My opener was the original from when the house was built back in 2000, so it did a long life.  

I couldn't decide on a Valentine gift for myself - my garage door made the decision for me!!

5 hours ago, slidergirl said:

We're both lucky that the openers don't take a major operation to install!  Were you at least able to close it when it died?  I had to laugh when the guy pointed out that my door actually is insulated, but there are big gaps on the sides of the door.  I didn't know it was insulated.  My opener was the original from when the house was built back in 2000, so it did a long life.  

I couldn't decide on a Valentine gift for myself - my garage door made the decision for me!!

Our original door was wooden & weighed about 300 lbs. the opener was put in in 87 when we bought the house. Our new door is so quiet it’s scary

I have sort of an offbeat cruising question and nowhere else to ask it, so maybe you guys will have some suggestions...

I'm going on a long cruise (well, the longest I've ever done so far) -- 28 days on HAL Westerdam to circumnavigate Japan. 

I am not a morning person and good coffee is critical to start my day, especially with early-starting tours in some places. I plan to take advantage of HAL room service -- one of the few mass market lines that still offers free room service for full breakfast orders. However, their regular coffee is -- to put it mildly -- not great. 

I used to use those Starbucks Via individual packets of instant coffee (flavored if I recall) on cruises -- one packet in a pot of coffee helps boost the coffee flavor and also gives an extra shot of caffeine. HAL does have one place onboard, Explorations Cafe, that offers espresso and espresso-based drinks (macchiato, latte, cappuccino, etc.) however I hear it can be very crowded in the morning when folks are trying to get off the ship early.

I can't seem to find the Starbucks Via packets that I recall, only their basic coffee blends. Does anyone use a similar type of individual coffee packet for travel or to help make not-great coffee more palatable?  

One brand I was looking at is Waka, which has some interesting flavors:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJRQGJ6P?tag=thespruceeats-onsite-prod-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&ascsubtag=4690937|nef5eda46118d4c75a501e618244d227c14|B07JNJ8S23

Another one is Joe's coffee, which supposedly gets great reviews but is very expensive:   https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LH6993S?tag=thespruceeats-onsite-prod-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&ascsubtag=4690937|nef5eda46118d4c75a501e618244d227c14|B07LH6993S

• Like 1

18 hours ago, awhfy said:

Our original door was wooden & weighed about 300 lbs. the opener was put in in 87 when we bought the house. Our new door is so quiet it’s scary

It is scary indeed.  My door is metal, so it isn't too heavy. Before I blew my shoulder, I could open it manually all the way up.  I guess I have a couple of months to browse for doors.  First, I have to contact my HOA Architecture committee to see if there are any restrictions on the type of door I can have.  Driving around the neighborhood I see mostly doors like mine - I don't think many have replaced them.  I want to sit in garage and just open and close the door!!!  Can you set up an app on you phone to open/close the door?  

I'm going to look at the Athleta sale today once my boss leaves for the day...

I stopped at the market last night that has the Key Lime Noosa (it's on the way home).  I had it this morning with blueberries.  Yum.  

• Like 1

Hi girls, Cynthia, sorry I can't help with the coffee suggestions.  I never bring anything like that with me.

Well, I remember posting a while back about my Dr moving further away and what I was going to do. I really don't want to drive down to where he moved to and so next week I am going to try and find someone closer to home. I even called his office to see if they could recommend someone. They called me back but just left a message and didn't leave a specific name. (One of the receptionists called).

My Medicare starts March 1st and I know I should find a new Primary Care........there are multiple Dr's office very close to where I live. I was reading some reviews and a couple of them got multiple 5 stars......seems the patients really like them. 

Anyway, will let you know what happens. 

Kat, glad you got your garage door fixed!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.🙂

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.🙂

Leaving in a few minutes to get my taxes finalized -- I get a refund this year, yay!

Then tonight DS is taking me out for my birthday (actual date tomorrow). It's nice having my birthday almost always fall on or around the long President's Day weekend. 😁

• Like 2

We arrived home yesterday from Whistler ,although my brother and wife are still there for another week 

after my brother broke his ankle on our last day and had surgery.

We stayed in a lovely condo that is managed by Whistler ,I hope they don't have staffing problems like you are having Kat.Imagine not turning up on your first day!

I am pleased to hear your surgery is over and went well Melody.

We missed a cyclone here while we were away and were lucky not to have any damage ,so sad .Its a one in one hundred year event here and many have lost everything.

Enjoy your long weekend in the USA 

• Like 2

Melody, hope all is going well and healing is progressing.

Cynthia, I too would like flavored coffee packets but haven’t seen any in stores. The Waka looks interesting. It gets good reviews according to the stars although I didn’t read any of the reviews. Also a 30 % off coupon brings the cost down. I’d be interested in your opinion if you give it a try.

28 days, what a adventure to look forward to. I will look forward to your review. Happy birthday-dinner with your DS is a great way to celebrate!🎉

Kat, good that your new opener is installed and you are enjoying all its features. Ours just opens and closes the door and has been doing this for so long that I’m guessing ones of these days it will just give up. Still looking for that lime Noosa.

Lois, I hope you find a really good doctor to replace your current one. 

Take care all. Sharon

• Like 1

Toblerone - sorry about the brother's broken ankle.  How many days does he have to stay before he is released to fly?  I had to wait 4 days before I could fly back from Italy when I did my leg and ankle.  Have him asked about blood thinner shots to keep from getting clots.  I can't remember what they were called but my home MD had a prescription waiting for me the day I got home.  

Coffee, hmmm.  I use Alpine Start instant packets when I go camping.  Got one free in a subscription box and then went from there.  I like the Original and the Coffee+Creamer one which is like a Latte with coconut creamer.   www.alpinestartfoods.com or your local REI.  P.S.  I never like *$ Via...   Oh - I've never looked or tried but I bet Trader Joe's has something.

I'm by myself at work the next 2 days.  Tomorrow hopefully will be mellow but Monday could be a beast with a bunch of check outs and just me to do the post-inspections.  Maybe this group of departures will be better than the ones so far this week - NOT ONE GRATUITY LEFT FOR ANY OF US.   My vacation fund is suffering mightily.  

OOTD:  jeans and a sweatshirt and high tops.  And my red Amazon coat so one of my owners can see it in person before she decides to buy one.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, slidergirl said:

It is scary indeed.  My door is metal, so it isn't too heavy. Before I blew my shoulder, I could open it manually all the way up.  I guess I have a couple of months to browse for doors.  First, I have to contact my HOA Architecture committee to see if there are any restrictions on the type of door I can have.  Driving around the neighborhood I see mostly doors like mine - I don't think many have replaced them.  I want to sit in garage and just open and close the door!!!  Can you set up an app on you phone to open/close the door?  

I'm going to look at the Athleta sale today once my boss leaves for the day...

I stopped at the market last night that has the Key Lime Noosa (it's on the way home).  I had it this morning with blueberries.  Yum.  

Our garage door operates on an app (overhead door). It’s great

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I have sort of an offbeat cruising question and nowhere else to ask it, so maybe you guys will have some suggestions...

I'm going on a long cruise (well, the longest I've ever done so far) -- 28 days on HAL Westerdam to circumnavigate Japan. 

I am not a morning person and good coffee is critical to start my day, especially with early-starting tours in some places. I plan to take advantage of HAL room service -- one of the few mass market lines that still offers free room service for full breakfast orders. However, their regular coffee is -- to put it mildly -- not great. 

I used to use those Starbucks Via individual packets of instant coffee (flavored if I recall) on cruises -- one packet in a pot of coffee helps boost the coffee flavor and also gives an extra shot of caffeine. HAL does have one place onboard, Explorations Cafe, that offers espresso and espresso-based drinks (macchiato, latte, cappuccino, etc.) however I hear it can be very crowded in the morning when folks are trying to get off the ship early.

I can't seem to find the Starbucks Via packets that I recall, only their basic coffee blends. Does anyone use a similar type of individual coffee packet for travel or to help make not-great coffee more palatable?  

One brand I was looking at is Waka, which has some interesting flavors:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJRQGJ6P?tag=thespruceeats-onsite-prod-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&ascsubtag=4690937|nef5eda46118d4c75a501e618244d227c14|B07JNJ8S23

Another one is Joe's coffee, which supposedly gets great reviews but is very expensive:   https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LH6993S?tag=thespruceeats-onsite-prod-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&ascsubtag=4690937|nef5eda46118d4c75a501e618244d227c14|B07LH6993S

I’ve bought the Via packages as recently as November. Levassa is another brand that I think is better than Via. 

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Leaving in a few minutes to get my taxes finalized -- I get a refund this year, yay!

Then tonight DS is taking me out for my birthday (actual date tomorrow). It's nice having my birthday almost always fall on or around the long President's Day weekend. 😁

Happy, happy bday!  & woohoo on a tax refund

• Like 1

10 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Toblerone - sorry about the brother's broken ankle.  How many days does he have to stay before he is released to fly?  I had to wait 4 days before I could fly back from Italy when I did my leg and ankle.  Have him asked about blood thinner shots to keep from getting clots.  I can't remember what they were called but my home MD had a prescription waiting for me the day I got home.  

Coffee, hmmm.  I use Alpine Start instant packets when I go camping.  Got one free in a subscription box and then went from there.  I like the Original and the Coffee+Creamer one which is like a Latte with coconut creamer.   www.alpinestartfoods.com or your local REI.  P.S.  I never like *$ Via...   Oh - I've never looked or tried but I bet Trader Joe's has something.

I'm by myself at work the next 2 days.  Tomorrow hopefully will be mellow but Monday could be a beast with a bunch of check outs and just me to do the post-inspections.  Maybe this group of departures will be better than the ones so far this week - NOT ONE GRATUITY LEFT FOR ANY OF US.   My vacation fund is suffering mightily.  

OOTD:  jeans and a sweatshirt and high tops.  And my red Amazon coat so one of my owners can see it in person before she decides to buy one.  

Lovanox is the name of the blood thinner shots

Melissa,so sorry for your brother with the ankle. Lovanox is the name of the injections that help with blood clots (usually 10 days post surgery, I have 3 more days of the stomach injections)

glad you didn’t have any damage from the cyclone (in US we call them tornados). We had several typhoons & cyclones when we lived in Okinawa; they can be quite scary to go thru. Melody