for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Anyone else watch Ina and her first show of the season? Misty Copeland was on and I had no clue about her back story. She is AMAZING🙂

On 3/4/2023 at 10:35 AM, awhfy said:

Try Sebastiani Zinfandel. Same price point & really rich, jammy red 🍷🍷

I've gotten him some Zin before--he doesn't like it.

21 hours ago, slidergirl said:

There is a whole line of it now.  I had a bottle of "The Uprising" - a red aged for a month in Rum barrels.  Totally smooth.   I'm going down to Las Vegas at the end of my season and try to find some of Martha's whites and Snoop's gold rose...  My state liquor store doesn't have them.

There are a bunch of them--he prefers any of the red blends. Doesn't care for Snoop's. He's remarkably picky (and stuck in a rut of always wanting the same brand/blend).

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

I've gotten him some Zin before--he doesn't like it.

There are a bunch of them--he prefers any of the red blends. Doesn't care for Snoop's. He's remarkably picky (and stuck in a rut of always wanting the same brand/blend).

I actually like the original one better than Cali Red.  My issue with my State Store is they don't carry a huge selection of wine, although it is indeed the biggest wine store in the state.  They usually stock up based on what the restaurants and bars are buying.  Why I'm hitting up the store in Vegas.

Yes, we are getting dumped on in a big way this year.  Not as big as Tahoe or Big Bear in CA, but this is the biggest dump I think I've seen in maybe 10 years.  And, it's not over.  Another 7-10" tomorrow predicted, an inch or so each day from then until Friday when we could be blessed with another 18" and maybe 6" on Saturday.   I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO over this!!!  Spent 20 minutes this morning blowing and shoveling about 6" off the driveway and 14" from the front where the plow put stuff.  

Cynthia - the wardrobe sounds good so far!   I'd check a little more for the temps before you decide to ditch or take the fleece.  My one BFF and her family were just over at one of the hills in Japan skiing 2 weeks ago  (her DH is stationed on Okinawa now).  

Looked at the Athleta sale and didn't see anything off hand that immediately called to me.  But, I may look again 😉

A bachelorette party here this weekend left a very nice bottle of Cote de Provence.  It is a Jeroboam-size bottle and kind of pretty.  I looked it up and it was about $150.  There was some left and I cried when I had to empty it down the kitchen sink.  I figure I poured out about $50 worth...   A photo with a Heineken bottle next to it for size comparison. 

big bottle.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 8:16 PM, Lois R said:

Hi Sharon,🙂 thanks so much for checking in and oh my goodness, you do have a lot of stuff going on!

I hope they can fix your heater without any issues. 

Sounds like a wonderful visit with the family. I know you love being with your grand daughter😀

And sorry about the mail stuff too........sounds VERY annoying☹️

I am guessing you are home sometime tonight. Hope it was a smooth flight!🙂

Sherri, I saw your post the other day but forgot to say hi.....hope things are going well. And hi PH too!

Hi Lois, glad you got your insurance straightened out and have found a new doctor!  Sounds like things are going well.

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, going ok at the moment....I am still in a "waiting game" to find out if I will be getting financial aid for these meds. I call it "Hurry Up and Wait".

Well, I tried the Salted Caramel Noosa Yogurt.. OMG.........it is delicious🙂

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, going ok at the moment....I am still in a "waiting game" to find out if I will be getting financial aid for these meds. I call it "Hurry Up and Wait".

Now, try and find the Salted Caramel Noosa FROZEN yogurt!!!!!  

My pharmacist gave me some good news on my Rebylsus - he has been told by Big Pharma where he orders it that they will be sure I always have my scrip available.  last time he could only get me 30 days worth on my 90 day scrip.  Small successes.

Both ski resorts up here announced today that they are extending the season an extra week.  So, we have to decide if I stay another week or not.  They don't really need me that last week if no one is booked, but I won't turn down "free" money to work 5 more days.  Vegas is put on temporary hold until I find out what is going to happen.  

Mother Weather lied to me.  There was supposed to be just a few flurries with no accumulation today.  Well, it's been snowing since noon and it is sticking to the road.  Please, make it stop!!!!!!

• Like 1

Well I am slowly making progress on deciding on some outfits for evenings. I have my black silk Eileen Fisher pants (sort of flowy but tapered at the bottom), and another pair that are ankle length but dressy, almost like a tuxedo pant. I'm not really a skirt person but I feel like I need one more evening pair (for 28 days) -- any ideas on something that is black but will give a different look?

For tops, I like to do two pieces: tank or shell + a dressy shirt, jacket, or lightweight cardy. I am really trying to go lightweight this time so I can pack a few more pieces without going overboard weight-wise. 

Three years ago when I first booked this cruise, I bought a beautiful black and white silk kimono top from Citron Silk. That cruise was canceled and I've yet to wear the top, so that's an obvious one. Around Christmas time, Citron was having a sale so I bought another, slightly more colorful and less dressy jacket top. I picked it for the orange accents -- HAL has an "Orange Night" onboard and I figure if I wear it open with a black silk tank and a skinny orange scarf this will work for that night:

image.thumb.png.9aea86ffad62a9c2335c9640ad33c051.png

So that's two down. I also have a very lightweight linen-blend black 3-way cardigan from Nic and Zoe that I love to wear over a colorful tank. These cardies are gold because you can wear them a couple of different ways. I will take it to wear with a silk crinkle bright blue and white tie-dye tank and a teal and black JJill wearever tank/shell.

image.thumb.png.d0e5c786682f49c79e10b6d232926f67.png 

So that's four different looks. I'm thinking 7-8 dressy tops for 4 weeks?  I am not a casual diner by choice so I'm planning to look nice enough to eat in the dining room (or specialty dining) every night.

Oh, I am also planning to take my favorite Lauren Merkin evening clutch, bought about 7-8 years ago after an intensive search for an evening bag that could go with dressy and less dressy outfits and is large enough to hold my Kindle (if I'm dining alone). Its made of a ruched black embossed suede. I just love it and never get tired of it:

image.png.0990f8b5c0826375310538006196ebe8.png 

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

Heaven on a spoon!  I have it & the lemon (not together) for dessert

12 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Now, try and find the Salted Caramel Noosa FROZEN yogurt!!!!!  

My pharmacist gave me some good news on my Rebylsus - he has been told by Big Pharma where he orders it that they will be sure I always have my scrip available.  last time he could only get me 30 days worth on my 90 day scrip.  Small successes.

Both ski resorts up here announced today that they are extending the season an extra week.  So, we have to decide if I stay another week or not.  They don't really need me that last week if no one is booked, but I won't turn down "free" money to work 5 more days.  Vegas is put on temporary hold until I find out what is going to happen.  

Mother Weather lied to me.  There was supposed to be just a few flurries with no accumulation today.  Well, it's been snowing since noon and it is sticking to the road.  Please, make it stop!!!!!!

We had an inch or snow of ice everywhere (I’d rather have snow!)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Well I am slowly making progress on deciding on some outfits for evenings. I have my black silk Eileen Fisher pants (sort of flowy but tapered at the bottom), and another pair that are ankle length but dressy, almost like a tuxedo pant. I'm not really a skirt person but I feel like I need one more evening pair (for 28 days) -- any ideas on something that is black but will give a different look?

For tops, I like to do two pieces: tank or shell + a dressy shirt, jacket, or lightweight cardy. I am really trying to go lightweight this time so I can pack a few more pieces without going overboard weight-wise. 

Three years ago when I first booked this cruise, I bought a beautiful black and white silk kimono top from Citron Silk. That cruise was canceled and I've yet to wear the top, so that's an obvious one. Around Christmas time, Citron was having a sale so I bought another, slightly more colorful and less dressy jacket top. I picked it for the orange accents -- HAL has an "Orange Night" onboard and I figure if I wear it open with a black silk tank and a skinny orange scarf this will work for that night:

image.thumb.png.9aea86ffad62a9c2335c9640ad33c051.png

So that's two down. I also have a very lightweight linen-blend black 3-way cardigan from Nic and Zoe that I love to wear over a colorful tank. These cardies are gold because you can wear them a couple of different ways. I will take it to wear with a silk crinkle bright blue and white tie-dye tank and a teal and black JJill wearever tank/shell.

image.thumb.png.d0e5c786682f49c79e10b6d232926f67.png 

So that's four different looks. I'm thinking 7-8 dressy tops for 4 weeks?  I am not a casual diner by choice so I'm planning to look nice enough to eat in the dining room (or specialty dining) every night.

Oh, I am also planning to take my favorite Lauren Merkin evening clutch, bought about 7-8 years ago after an intensive search for an evening bag that could go with dressy and less dressy outfits and is large enough to hold my Kindle (if I'm dining alone). Its made of a ruched black embossed suede. I just love it and never get tired of it:

image.png.0990f8b5c0826375310538006196ebe8.png 

Perfect outfits!  Maybe a pair of chiffon palazzo pants?  Mine weigh nothing. I love your clutch. I got 2 new bags for our last cruise (big enough for my phone) as my favorite Lauren Merkin martini clutch doesn’t fit my phone well. Melody

E9FE869A-75A9-4E8B-87EE-FD3725E3DC40.jpeg

• Like 1

Kat,  was your barge cruise last year with "European Waterways"? I tried to find those postings but I think they are going way back LOL......just wondered if you could remember the line and the barge?

I do recall you had a good time🙂

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Kat,  was your barge cruise last year with "European Waterways"? I tried to find those postings but I think they are going way back LOL......just wondered if you could remember the line and the barge?

I do recall you had a good time🙂

It was a full charter by Adventure Women.  The barge was through CroisiEurope.  It was the Anne-Marie.  From Arles to Sete.  I really did have a good time.  There were only I think 12 of us.  The crew was so very friendly and made sure we always had a good time.  Our excursions were good and some were women-centric (woman-run ranch, woman-run oyster fisher, history of women's role in Arles).  Excellent food.  But, a casual feeling for us women.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

It was a full charter by Adventure Women.  The barge was through CroisiEurope.  It was the Anne-Marie.  From Arles to Sete.  I really did have a good time.  There were only I think 12 of us.  The crew was so very friendly and made sure we always had a good time.  Our excursions were good and some were women-centric (woman-run ranch, woman-run oyster fisher, history of women's role in Arles).  Excellent food.  But, a casual feeling for us women.  

Ohhh.....thanks........it was a tour from a specific company.  I did not remember that part.  

All that snow sounds amazing, we have had the wettest summer ever .

Its so nice reading everyones travel plans and being able to make plans as well now my treatment is over ,I feel so lucky and happy.

its so important to stay on top of our health checks as most seem to on this forum

• Like 2

I got my lab results and my A1C was 6.5

But my Creatine number was high🤥 Doc says I need to drink more water

And my iron is low. I think I need to discuss that with him because I had a. Iron infusion a few months ago. I don't know why it is low again😧

And I don't know what happened to this page.....I tried posting from my phone and have all this space left.........WEIRD!

Sorry about that blank page.  I think I am going to call the Dr back tomorrow and see if I can get in sometime next week.......I have no clue why my iron is low again. I do know that iron pills can make you constipated and I definitely  DO NOT want that to happen!

• Like 1

Called my Dr this morning and told them I wanted a follow up with some questions about my lab results. Nothing open till next month🙄....I didn't really like than answer and they came back saying he could do a phone call with me tomorrow morning at 11:15. I said GREAT😀.  I don't need to see him in person for this so a call will be just fine. Hope all goes smoothly.

• Like 2

A question: has anyone gotten or been advised to get a 4th booster?  I have seen some commercials in the past week advising a top-off booster if it has been 6 months or more since last one. Since I will be traveling for almost a month, I'm a bit concerned about getting COVID somewhere along the way (air travel + 38 days onboard ship).  Not sure what to do and CDC recommendations seem vague.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

A question: has anyone gotten or been advised to get a 4th booster?  I have seen some commercials in the past week advising a top-off booster if it has been 6 months or more since last one. Since I will be traveling for almost a month, I'm a bit concerned about getting COVID somewhere along the way (air travel + 38 days onboard ship).  Not sure what to do and CDC recommendations seem vague.

We had a 4th booster before our December cruise because I was having surgery in January. My SIL did too. The 3 of us didn’t get sick, the rest of the group all came down with heavy colds. Traveling for a month, I’d get a booster, but that’s me. Melody 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lois R said:

Ohhh.....thanks........it was a tour from a specific company.  I did not remember that part.  

But CroisiEurope runs that same cruise on it's own.  Just not the same excursions.  

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Called my Dr this morning and told them I wanted a follow up with some questions about my lab results. Nothing open till next month🙄....I didn't really like than answer and they came back saying he could do a phone call with me tomorrow morning at 11:15. I said GREAT😀.  I don't need to see him in person for this so a call will be just fine. Hope all goes smoothly.

I like the telemedicine aspects of service now.  I use it frequently.  I have no problem with it when I have no need to have my NP physically check something.

• Like 1