Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

Just now, louise1809 said:

And have you had a refund yet? Our TA is in Germany.... we used the online form too but got no acknowledgement.  

No refund. Just the handful of emails from celebrity telling us our onboard restaurant reservations have been cancelled.

Our 4th Celebrity Solstice cruise was due to depart Auckland NZ on April 1,2020. After cruise was cancelled I requested our $7,060 refund via the link in their email on March 16 but in over 6 weeks I have heard nothing from Celebrity. Two weeks ago I called & was told I 'should' receive the refund by end of April but followed up today to be told that it will 'at least' another 4 weeks. That's over 10 weeks so I have gone from a Celebrity believer to a very disenchanted one.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Martinjjd said:

Our 4th Celebrity Solstice cruise was due to depart Auckland NZ on April 1,2020. After cruise was cancelled I requested our $7,060 refund via the link in their email on March 16 but in over 6 weeks I have heard nothing from Celebrity. Two weeks ago I called & was told I 'should' receive the refund by end of April but followed up today to be told that it will 'at least' another 4 weeks. That's over 10 weeks so I have gone from a Celebrity believer to a very disenchanted one.

Me too. Seems they are holding our money as long as they can, such a shame for all of us, but also for them, to see their business crumbling like this. Its a sad time for travel industry all round but cruising will possibly fare the worst I fear. I work for a small cruise line and am worried I wont have a company to go back to at the end of this. 

louise1809,

We've got a big family cruise booked with RCL in August, but the rate these refunds are being processed I'm not even going to make the final payment. That is just too much money to wait months to get back.

The other point is, they are refunding back to original payment cards which is a pain because if you've paid off that credit card bill you then have money sitting there in your credit card account that you can't access unless you spend more money.

I'm so tired of all this nonsense. It seems that once you've paid these companies money they make it as difficult as they can to get it back, all the while cashing in on the interest they're getting on it while customers worry when they will ever get it back.

4 minutes ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

louise1809,

We've got a big family cruise booked with RCL in August, but the rate these refunds are being processed I'm not even going to make the final payment. That is just too much money to wait months to get back.

The other point is, they are refunding back to original payment cards which is a pain because if you've paid off that credit card bill you then have money sitting there in your credit card account that you can't access unless you spend more money.

I'm so tired of all this nonsense. It seems that once you've paid these companies money they make it as difficult as they can to get it back, all the while cashing in on the interest they're getting on it while customers worry when they will ever get it back.

Your CC company should transfer the in-credit balance to your bank account on request.

21 minutes ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

simonph,

Is that in the UK?

Have you ever had that request granted by a cc provider?

Disney Queen my wife works in banking. I’ve just asked her and all you need to do is phone your credit card company and give them your account number and sort code and they will transfer it to your bank account without a problem.

44 minutes ago, yorky said:

Disney Queen my wife works in banking. I’ve just asked her and all you need to do is phone your credit card company and give them your account number and sort code and they will transfer it to your bank account without a problem.

Hi, yes I’m the UK. Have had credits before and it’s usually an easy process to get the money transferred.

We were scheduled to be on Eclipse - the March 15th sailing out of Chile. After X cancelled the day before we then made our arrangements to fly home.  Responded to their email asking for refund not FCC.  Saw credits in our account this morning.  Need now to go over amounts to see if all is correct.  So about 6 weeks wait time.

I think it would make more sense and we wouldn't be so confused and aggravated if there was some consistency to what we're being told and what is actually taking place.  It seems that everyone gets a different story if/when they call, and that the refunds are differing in when they arrive (or, in many cases so far, DON'T arrive).  We were originally told 30 days, then everyone was told different periods of time after that, ranging from 45 days to 90 days.  We're hearing that the varying number of days is from when you requested the refund... no, when you're cruise was supposed to start... wait, when your cruise was supposed to end.  We've been told the number is calendar days, but nevermind... it's business days (and what are business days for Celebrity anyhow, considering they'll be happy to take your money seven days a week?)  We heard that port charges and taxes would be refunded very quickly, then the rest would come in pieces later on, but most of us seem to be still waiting on those port charges and taxes. 

Our refund was requested on March 17 for our March 27 cruise that was cancelled by X.  On March 19, we received individual cancellation emails for each excursion we had booked through Celebrity (the vast majority being with OBC and the balance being $31.20 on our credit card).  On March 24, we received two credits $.20 and $31.20.  I have no idea was the 20 cents is for, unless it was one of those "test to make sure the credit card is still a valid one" deposits, but the $31.20 was obviously for the cancelled excursion.  That's all we've gotten so far, and tomorrow it will have been six weeks since the refund on our fully paid and cancelled cruise was requested.  Our patience is wearing a bit thin, to the point that we're considering cancelling the Alaskan cruisetour we've booked for 2021 because we don't want to go through a similar issue next year if cruising is cancelled again, as we'll have twice the amount of money tied up after the final payment that we've paid for the March cruise.

Has anyone had any luck getting their refund from the terminated March 13th Reflection cruise? Last week after continual chasing we were assured that refund was being processed and would be completed this week. NOW, we're being told at least another 20 days, probably not until end May/Early June. We have received the FCC, which was awarded to all travelers on this cruise.

On 3/20/2020 at 1:22 PM, Argo. said:

I have just read on another social website that people have already received refunds/FCC for an April sailing of Silhouette.

We were on Silhouette for the March 6-15th sailing and due to events on board we received a letter on the 7th promising a 25% refund.  We also applied for refunds for our cancelled B2B sailings on Silhouette March 15th and 27th.  So far we have received no email to acknowledge our requests.  Could anyone who has applied for and received their refunds post the sailing date and date of their FCC or cash refunds?

I received a partial refund on April 23 for my cruise that was canceled on the apex Europe cruise scheduled April 23. I canceled March 24 for 100% refund. What I received so far was deposit only.

We had a $900 deposit down on a booking for an April 2021 cruise (cancelled for reasons other than Covid-19--it was just a duplicate booking on that cruise).  We cancelled the booking on April 1...Received a credit to our Visa card account for the $900 yesterday--April 26...So, total time to process--25 Days.

(Postscript:  And, yes, for some reason, it was in two different credits--$635.28 and $264.72--but they totaled exactly $900)

Edited by Bruin Steve

22 hours ago, EMS8 said:

We have now received the refund for the total cost of our cancelled March 15th Silhouette cruise.  It came back to our cc in three different deposits.  

We've received two, keeping our fingers crossed for #3

I have not as yet received anything for a May Cruise that was cancelled in March by Celebrity.

On the other hand a cancellation of my Delta flight was IMMEDIATELY credited back to my Credit Card. 

I was even sent an email immediately after speaking to the agent confirming that the funds were sent back.

We cancelled a Millie Alaska September 4th on March 18th and received the refund on $500 deposit (RFD) on April 24th the day after we contacted our CC to controvert.  I am sure this was unrelated to the refund and we cancelled the complaint with CC immediately.  Under usual circumstances a cancellation like this would have been refunded almost immediately but these are not usual times.  Now we are still waiting on something from April 25th Infinity cruise that Celebrity cancelled.

Hope everyone gets some relief soon.

GREAT NEWS!  Faith restored.  Our Chase account was credited this morning with all 6 payments made on our March 15th Silhouette Cruise!  The credits match our payments exactly.  We were just told last week that it could be another 30-45days! Such a wonderful surprise today!  Our purchased shore excursions have not yet been refunded, however, we did receive an email from Celebrity this morning that the excursions have been cancelled and refunded and will be credited to our account within two billing cycles.  Hang in there folks, they are working on it!