Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

1 hour ago, yvrdave said:

Good news.  Just checked my CC and our refund was just posted for our Eclipse cruise on March 30 which was cancelled on Feb 14 and we asked for a refund.  That's 75 days when we were told 30 days.   

Wow!  I was on the same sailing and I just checked my CC...and nothing😪 Now at 46 days….I even contacted my CC for a dispute, I figured I would have it back by now.  Do you mean March 14 and not Feb.?

• Like 1

Celebrity are full of every excuse in the book I will NOT be travelling with them ever again

Cancelled celebrity edge transatlantic just over 5 weeks ago and requested full refund was told it would be 30 days.

30 days elapsed early last week so ranh up told a load of bull about taking longer than expected but should be any day now.

Last Friday had cancellation invoice still no money.

Rang up this morning to be told now its going to be 45 days not 30 days

excuse after excuse

disgusting

Today, April 29 - Our refund has been posted to our CC.  Complete refund in four transactions.  Our sailing was March 27 Silhouette.  Refund request was submitted March 14 after their cancellation. 

Well that was not bad cxled a cruise I had for 2021 and refund issued already.  Cxled 17 days ago.  Just checked cc.  Was booked thru ta so no complaints at all. Was not expecting to have it until mid May tbh.   Well revised it was actually issued on the 19th so only 8 day turnaround.  Guess I got lucky. 

Edited by bikerunner

1 hour ago, Gmell said:

Today, April 29 - Our refund has been posted to our CC.  Complete refund in four transactions.  Our sailing was March 27 Silhouette.  Refund request was submitted March 14 after their cancellation. 

Same cruise for me and I just got my refund today as well.  Cancelled March 13 - within hours of getting the email cancelling the cruise.  Booked directly with Celebrity.  Refund came in 4 amounts, but they all added up to my total paid.  Refunds were posted to my CC March 25 and showed up today.  

7 hours ago, yvrdave said:

Good news.  Just checked my CC and our refund was just posted for our Eclipse cruise on March 30 which was cancelled on Feb 14 and we asked for a refund.  That's 75 days when we were told 30 days.   

Sorry about the date and number of days I posted earlier.  It was late last night and when I checked the date on Celebrity's email, it only showed Feb 14. on it.  That must have been the date I booked it.  As pointed out by cjcruiser27 above, it was March 14 and only 46 days to receive a refund.  I think I've totally lost track of time anyways. :classic_mellow:

Edited by yvrdave
  • Haha 1

Another email from Celebrity today, Apparently our refund has been processed we need to check with our bank... (I have checked regularly on all possible refund cards etc and there has been nothing) I have asked our TA if they received the payment and am awaiting reply... 

3 hours ago, yvrdave said:

Sorry about the date and number of days I posted earlier.  It was late last night and when I checked the date on Celebrity's email, it only showed Feb 14. on it.  That must have been the date I booked it.  As pointed out by cjcruiser27 above, it was March 14 and only 46 days to receive a refund.  I think I've totally lost track of time anyways. :classic_mellow:

I was pretty sure you meant Mar 14, as we were on that cruise also, the third of a B2B2B.  This AM I checked and we got our taxes and deposit back, only.  Well, at least that's a start and I know we're in the system. We used a CDN CC for the third segment which we added much later than the other two.  We got every penny for the second segment which really pleased us.  The first went as cruises should, and we really enjoyed it as we sailed on oblivious to the COVID issue.

• Like 1

I cancelled our March 20 cruise on March 7. I got refunds for my Celebrity Flights and excursions soon thereafter.  On March 18, I was told it would take 4-6 weeks for my cruise refund to be done. That would be today.

Today, I was told it would be another 14 business days for my cruise refund to come through. Meanwhile, I won’t book another cruise until I have my money back. Some people on my cruise and later cruises have already gotten refunds. I assume they have serious cash flow problems and noone at X seems to know how refunds are prioritized. We’re Elite plus and we were in a suite so I guess our loyalty didn’t help,

Good morning

Just to help others track their payments, I thought Id describe my experience, concluded this morning.

My refund came in this morning, in 4 different credits to my card which all add up to the amount we were owed (presumably, taxes and some other sundries were categorised separately).  No flights involved for us, just the cruise itself,  as we are UK based and were due to sail from the UK. 

We were due to be on the Apex on 5th April and waited for Celebrity to cancel (which was on the 14th March).  Within minutes I'd returned the form asking for a refund instead of a FCC.  I took a screen shot to confirm as I didn't get an email acknowledgement at all, but did get, around the 5th April, a cancellation invoice show 100% cancellation fee (which unnerved me a little, but having seen others on here have the same, I wasn't overly worried).

We had booked directly on the Celebrity UK website and made all our payments direct via the website.  The refund came from Celebrity Paris which is presumably their European accounts office.  I didn't chase them at all, either by email or by phone, so this just happened presumably in accordance with the process they are using.  

(I had shore excursion monies credited back to my card about 2 weeks ago, having cancelled those a few days before the official cancellation.)

I just thought seeing my sequence of dates and booking details might help others know if they are on track on not (as I've found this thread enormously helpful for the last few weeks....)

Hope to see you all on the seas before too long....

Jackie

• Like 1

Thanks to others sharing their more positive experiences it gives me some hope that we will see our money back eventually but, at the moment I feel so helpless! Booked through a travel agent in germany, cruise date 3rd April, cancelled by celebrity 15 march.

refund requested using online form, no acknowledgement. Refund requested via TA, contact from them very sparce. Yesterday got an email from celebrity in Germany saying our cruise has been refunded, check our bank, bank shows nothing. Now waiting for travel agent to advise further. Getting fed up of it all really. Was disappointing enough to not be able to travel, but to have four thousand pounds ‘floating’ around at a time where we have taken pay cuts, and facing job losses, is hard to stomach. 
Am hoping that today brings good news.maybe.....! 

• Like 1

A full refund for our cancelled 3/21 Equinox cruise just posted this morning to my Chase Visa account.

It posted as 4 credits dated 4/26.

I had only called Celebrity once on 4/2 just to confirm that they had received our request for a cash refund.

I wish everyone who are still waiting for their refunds a fast resolution.

Looking forward to the day we can cruise again.

Elaine

Edited by Elainemh
Spacing

Self cancelled 5/2/20 cruise on 3/10/20. Chose to do this for 25% refund, 75% FCC. Refunds posted this billing cycle for port fees, taxes and 25% refund (also a purchase that was a gift was refunded this cycle). FCC has not been issued yet. 

For everyone counting days until their refunds are "due" according to X... 30 or 45... remember, those are business days. So 30 days is really 6 weeks, not one month. 45 days is 9 weeks. 

On March 24 I received the e-mail notifying us that Celebrity was suspending operations through May 11. I did not hit the "I Acknowledge Receipt" button because I was too involved in thinking through the implications for our planned April 17 trip. Our Emergency Contact (niece) told me about 2 hours later later that she had just received a very long text message (the cancellation letter) and that yes, she did Acknowledge. I did not then or at any time since ask for a Refund; I am ok with the 125% FCC offer. I expect that I will have a FCC of about $7000 and a refund of about $2500 which would cover Cruise Air charges, taxes and fees, and reimbursement on the Vacation Protection Plan. And just to note, all of my dealings are with Celebrity directly, I do not use a TA. 

Since March 24, I have done nothing about the April 17 cruise except to cancel various pre- and post-cruise hotels, rental car and limo reservations, etc. But I have made no calls to Celebrity, have sent them no emails, and have heard nothing from them. Until today.

This morning I received from Celebrity four Credits on my BofA credit card. As others have noted, the exact amounts do not match any of the charges as listed on my Final Confirmation invoice. $32.50? $213.50? I will maintain a running total and, over time, I expect that the total amount credited will match what I am expecting to receive.

To recap, I have not called or emailed Celebrity, I have not queried nor filed any sort of protest with the credit card company. 

Received first credit back on my card today,  27 business days from date of cancellation, 10 business days from the planned embarkation. I have not received any sort of notification about my FCC.

I will be making final payments soon on a 14+14 b2b for this August, but I will not apply the FCC there - I expect the August cruise will be cancelled and I don't need to complicate things more when it comes time issue refunds on those trips. Same logic for my October trip. If things settle down and the Caribbean is open in January, then I'll use this FCC toward my 7+7+7 trip then, otherwise I'll let it sit until time to apply it to my October 2021 trips. If/when August 2020, or October 2020, or January 2021 are cancelled, then I will request refunds on those.

Bottom line, things are moving along. Patience will be rewarded.

Stan

Yesterday I saw five credits from Celebrity posted to my credit card.  For our March 29, 2020 Edge sailing that X canceled on March 13th and for which I requested a refund via the email link on March 16.  The numbers are $148.68 shy of being a total refund.  One of the numbers posted was $148.68.  The only identifiable amount listed that I could figure out was the taxes and fees were exact.  I will call X today and ask.  

I requested a refund for a Silhouette sailing on April 5, 2020 on March 14 and haven't seen that refund(s) yet.  So interesting that the refund came in first for the first cruise by date, not by date of my requesting the refund.  

I will say I was shocked and thrilled.  I actually never expected to see a dime.

I cancelled our Sept 18 2020 cruise on Apr 10th. We had not made final payment. We had the non refundable deposit but had paid an extra $500 towards the cruise. 

We had the $200 loss in administrative fee and then $700 FCC. Today I received $500 credit back on our credit card. 

Bottom line, in my situation it took 20 days to get our refund.