Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

2 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I respectfully disagree.  Based on many, many responses on these boards and various Facebook groups, it is very clear that people getting deposits back are much, much more successful than those of us owed thousands of dollars where final payment was paid.  The true reason for this anyone can guess (the cynical me believes it is primarily to hold on to our cash longer) but there is enough evidence to suggest this is true.

That is very obvious.

People who are cancelling cruises scheduled for a year for now are much more likely to see any money than those who have $thousands tied up in full payments for cruise dates that have passed.

20 minutes ago, MermaidMom said:

Last Saturday I received a refund for everything but my Celebrity Air for my March 14th cruise.  I just want to be done with it so I filed a dispute with my credit card for the final refund amount.  Hopefully that speeds it up, but we shall see.

That's what I did just faxed today as they didn't get my snail mail sent on April 14th. Was your air non refundable

Ontrio Cruiser

11 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I respectfully disagree.  Based on many, many responses on these boards and various Facebook groups, it is very clear that people getting deposits back are much, much more successful than those of us owed thousands of dollars where final payment was paid.  The true reason for this anyone can guess (the cynical me believes it is primarily to hold on to our cash longer) but there is enough evidence to suggest this is true.

I disagree only based on my experience as I requested cash refunds on both my paid in full (December 2019) cruises. The refund process was explained to me (30 March) by a Celebrity Captains club rep. that those requesting cash refunds will see the taxes and deposits refunded back to the credit card first and then a separate transaction for the cruise fare. 

Edited by davekathy

I cancelled a July back to back just before final was due on April 2, but had paid in full in advance. Nevertheless, X owed me all my money back less the NRD as FCC.  Then X cancelled the May 2 cruise. I elected a refund on that ( which was obviously paid in full). To date I have received about 60% of what I am owed on the July cruises and zero on the May 2 cruises.  I did get the statement of refunds for purchases made for use on board, but I had purchased those with OBC, so no money involved.  I too have a feeling that those who are owed a larger amount that just deposits will see refunds more slowly. 

Our cruise was canceled.  Rather than refund we chose to take a credit and book the same cruise a year later.  Celebrity raised the rates that exceeded the125% plus deleted 2 perks.  The new cruise was hundreds more.  Nothing changed.  So be careful.  Maybe a refund is the way to go.  We are loyal elite cruisers and want to support Celebrity but seems it may be one sided.

4 minutes ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

That's what I did just faxed today as they didn't get my snail mail sent on April 14th. Was your air non refundable

Ontrio Cruiser

I was wondering how you made out , I asked you a question on the other thread with the cruise air. I did the same thing and I’m waiting. My credit card is through MasterCard, so hopefully I get my return.

17 minutes ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

Ontrio Cruiser

I was already in Fort Lauderdale when the cruise was cancelled.  When I filled out the online form for my refund, Celebrity immediately cancelled my flight home.  I called them and they stated that I would be getting a full refund for the flights.  I wanted to make sure before I re-booked my flight home.  I'm expecting them to honor their word, since they cancelled.  They were refundable but stated there would be a $200 cancellation fee (which should not apply).

Edited by MermaidMom
update

I’m still try to find out about our refund. Filled out the form to cancel a month ago and called Celebrity yesterday for a status. A rep told me it was a group booking so I would have to go through my travel agent. Contacted the travel agent and they said since I requested a refund on the email form that was all that was needed. Feel like I’m in a catch 32 situation.

17 minutes ago, B113 said:

I’m still try to find out about our refund. Filled out the form to cancel a month ago and called Celebrity yesterday for a status. A rep told me it was a group booking so I would have to go through my travel agent. Contacted the travel agent and they said since I requested a refund on the email form that was all that was needed. Feel like I’m in a catch 32 situation.

This is how I feel, Celebrity are saying our refund has been processed, but we havent had the refund, our TA is just not responding. I might just pursue mastercard and let them pick this up. 

16 minutes ago, B113 said:

it seems most refunds for cruises impacted by the suspension are taking taking 45+ days.  A number of folks with cruises in mid-late March have reported receiving refunds this week. 

On 4/28/2020 at 9:06 PM, MAXII said:

For what it's worth, I am in the same situation.  Cancelled 9th March & get a different timeline as each timeline comes & goes.  I'm at 50 days now and I'm not sure I'll wait beyond 60 days before I go the credit card route as I totally expect to be told 90 days next time.

53 days now😱 Sent email to Celebrityonetouch & CelebrityEngagementCenter last week & got response today advising someone would reach out to me in 7 days😃 Other information in the email reassures me they are on it.  That's all I wanted, reassurance. I'm happy to wait.

2 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

We're still waiting on a full fare refund (requested March 14) of our March 21 Galapagos cruise that Celebrity cancelled.  I wonder if they're refunding all of the deposits first before focusing on those of us whom have paid in full.....maybe a little cash conservation.....?

We, too, are waiting for a full fare refund for a shortened cruise that commenced on March 13. Was advised today, by our Celebrity contact, that the cruise line was approximately half way through processing the refunds. Guess we just gotta be patient...

Received the remainder (Cruise portion) of refund yesterday for a 3/20 cruise. Requested the refund on 3/23. I received the shore excursion/specialty dinner portion about a week ago. Thank you Celebrity! 

9 minutes ago, librarylady19 said:

Any type of refund I have ever had with any type of business or service the amount of time stated to receive the refund has been in BUSINESS days. That is not new and should not be a surprise.

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Any type of refund I have ever had with any type of business or service the amount of time stated to receive the refund has been in BUSINESS days. That is not new and should not be a surprise.

However, they are open 24/7 for bookings. They also charge your credit card 24/7.

Yes it's not a surprise, BUT many (like me) are at day 35 (Business) and at

49 days (calendar). The MAJOR reason is stalling due to lack of funds.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BP99 said:

However, they are open 24/7 for bookings. They also charge your credit card 24/7.

As are most travel things (hotels, airlines, etc.), online merchants, etc.

Have they said it is lack of funds? ll I have seen is speculation.

Ticketmaster is also taking up to 30 days - actually their wording is "as soon as 30 days" so I guess it's at least 30 days to process refunds. I've not seen speculation that they are intentionally holding onto money. Still waiting on my refund from the Broadway show I was supposed to see with my parents and it was cancelled at the beginning of April. While it's not the huge amounts a cruise in a suite would be, it's still a good amount of money - and I just had mezzanine seats!

I'm not saying that refunds for those requesting them should not happen. I'm just not buying into the conspiracy theory and get that they are processing a LOT of them right now.

• Thanks 1

We are still waiting as well for refund on Galapagos cruise.  Requested refund 03-24-20.  My question is, can I expect an email from Celebrity when they refund to CC?  I have confirmed with Celebrity cruise planner that request was received and was told 30 days, I realize it will be longer. 

On 5/1/2020 at 9:50 AM, jelayne said:

it seems most refunds for cruises impacted by the suspension are taking taking 45+ days.  A number of folks with cruises in mid-late March have reported receiving refunds this week. 

From reading all these messages it appears there are at least 4 tracks that impact timing of remuneration.

1.  Completely cancel Cruise before final payment - rather quick refund of Deposit

2.  Cancellation by Celebrity -  Customer Filling Form to request full refund -  45+

3.  Cancellation by Celebrity  -  Accept FCC's - FCC seem to come through quickly but refund of extras taking forever

4.   Cancel by Customer using - Cruise with Confidence  ??

These are for U.S. Cruises and international customers may be seeing something different.

I have 3 crises in March and received FCC's but no refund.   I have one for April 30 that I requested full refund after Celebrity Cancelled  -  I received a confirmation number but nothing yet after 45 days.

Edited by Jim_Iain