The Post Your Favorite Celebrity Cruise Photos Thread

WonderMan3

6 hours ago, Chrisclaire said:

Loved Shanghai!

Vibrant, fast, busy and interesting. 

20190401_193855.jpg

20190401_145106.jpg

20190401_121556.jpg

Thank-you very much for the pictures of Shanghai.... We were booked on the Millenium Hong-Kong to Shanghai 14 nights cruise this March and, of course, it was unfortunately cancelled. Sadly, I will unlikely be able to re-create such an opportunity... so pictures of that cruise are really nice to see!!!

Jun 18 2007 Millennium sailing, 12 Night Venice to Barcelona

We were asleep when Millennium anchored at Santorini.  I remember waking up and walking out onto our balcony and seeing this amazing sight.  The ship is Royal Caribbean's Brilliance of the Seas which gained notoriety two years earlier when a passenger disappeared under mysterious circumstances during a Mediterranean cruise.

Brilliance of the Seas in Santorini.JPG

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Jun 18 2007 Millennium sailing, 12 Night Venice to Barcelona

We were asleep when Millennium anchored at Santorini.  I remember waking up and walking out onto our balcony and seeing this amazing sight.  The ship is Royal Caribbean's Brilliance of the Seas which gained notoriety two years earlier when a passenger disappeared under mysterious circumstances during a Mediterranean cruise.

Brilliance of the Seas in Santorini.JPG

Stunning!

What an amazing photo!

1 hour ago, Chrisclaire said:

Stunning!

What an amazing photo!

Thank you.  As they always say, it was even more amazing in real life.  It is forever emblazoned in my mind!

15 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

Thank-you very much for the pictures of Shanghai.... We were booked on the Millenium Hong-Kong to Shanghai 14 nights cruise this March and, of course, it was unfortunately cancelled. Sadly, I will unlikely be able to re-create such an opportunity... so pictures of that cruise are really nice to see!!!

That's so sad to hear, I'm glad you like them!

Dec 24 2016 Infinity sailing, 15 Night Valparaiso to Buenos Aires

7,369 ft Mount Sarmiento towers over the cruise ship, Stella Australis, which was sailing towards us in the Strait of Magellan.  Although not captured well in the photo, the peak is beautifully lit by the setting sun and I could not keep my eyes off the mountain as we sailed by her.  The date of the photo was Dec 30, 2016.  The local time was 9:02 pm.  Earlier in the day, we had stopped at Punta Arenas, Chile (Celebrity Today).

The Strait of Magellan is surprisingly long at 350 miles.  Infinity spent two days sailing the strait (including the stop at Punta Arenas) although she didn't sail its entire length because on the next day we detoured south to get to Cape Horn for New Years Day 2017.  The landscape surrounding this body of water was amazing with Mount Sarmiento being just a small piece of it.

On Jun 20 2004, the USS Ronald Reagan became the first nuclear powered aircraft carrier to sail through the Strait of Magellan (an account by the carrier's commanding officer: link).  It took her the better part of two days to carefully navigate the waters.  That must of been a sight to see.

Mount Sarmiento.jpg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 5

Jan 4 2019 Reflection sailing, 14 Night Exotic Southern Caribbean

This is where I like to shelter in place my family of 4 every winter.  Balcony corner cabin, 8107 (scaled floor plan).  It has 2 bedrooms, a master bedroom (center of the photo) and a bedroom with bunk beds (door to the bedroom is open at the right side of the picture).  The cabin gets lots of daylight from its 2 large windows and balcony door. 

We have the same cabin but on the starboard side booked for our upcoming Jan cruise to New Caledonia and Vanuatu.  I hope we get to go!

DSC_0058.JPG

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

Jan 2 2018 Solstice sailing, 12 Night Great Barrier Reef

A view of the Great Barrier Reef from the air during our stop at Port Douglas.  In the upper left hand corner is a massive pontoon moored in the Agincourt Reef area.  The floating helipad from where we took off was located near it.  There are several commercial pontoons that dot the Great Barrier Reef and they are unlike anything I have seen in the Caribbean.  They have convenient platforms for divers and snorkelers to get in the water, change rooms, restaurant, and lifeguard lookout towers.  The one in the photo also had an underwater observatory and a post office box.

IMG_E6048.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Wonderman.. thanks again for starting this thread!

Perfect outlet for CC members' creativity.

Loved Wima's  Eclipse in Oden and the other posts too.

Especially  your entries today..KW Lighthouse, Taormina/ Etna  and Parc Guell..brilliant!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

View from a beach on South Friars Bay on St. Kitts during a port stop on Eclipse cruise in January 2017.

6904A954-D57B-4861-BD44-DB7C2E7B575E.jpeg

Great picture. We have never cruised to St Kitts, but have flown down and stayed at Ottley's Plantation as well as sister island, Nevis, at The Four Seasons. Beautiful islands for wonderful ambiance and relaxation. Highly recommend a land trip, if you so desire. 

Thanks for the memories.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 1

La Mano sculpture at a public beach in Punta del Este, Uruguay.  Our cruise visited two ports in the delightful country of Uruguay.  After spending nearly a week in the cool environs of the southern half of South America, it was nice to see the beach and warm sun at Punta del Este on Jan 5, 2017.

La Mano at Punte del Este Uruguay.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mahdnc said:

La Mano sculpture at a public beach in Punta del Este, Uruguay.  Our cruise visited two ports in the delightful country of Uruguay.  After spending nearly a week in the cool environs of the southern half of South America, it was nice to see the beach and warm sun at Punta del Este on Jan 5, 2017.

So great to see a picture of this.  Our cruise from San Antonio to Buenos Aires this year bypassed Punta del Este because of bad weather.  We did see Montevideo.  We had a shore excursion to see this and a couple of other sights in Punta del Este.  Oh well, it just means we look for another SA cruise (we loved the one we took this year).

16 hours ago, MSCruiseFan said:

So great to see a picture of this.  Our cruise from San Antonio to Buenos Aires this year bypassed Punta del Este because of bad weather.  We did see Montevideo.  We had a shore excursion to see this and a couple of other sights in Punta del Este.  Oh well, it just means we look for another SA cruise (we loved the one we took this year).

Yes, you will just have to see Punta del Este on your next cruise.  And, I am with you--our South America itinerary is totally awesome!  Plus, the ports were quite varied in nature.

On 5/4/2020 at 4:29 PM, Spif Barwunkel said:

Great picture. We have never cruised to St Kitts, but have flown down and stayed at Ottley's Plantation as well as sister island, Nevis, at The Four Seasons. Beautiful islands for wonderful ambiance and relaxation. Highly recommend a land trip, if you so desire. 

Thanks for the memories.

I do like St. Kitts; less commercialized and felt safer than many of the other islands. Nevis was nice too; did that on a day trip from St. Kitts one year. The beaches are not my favorite compared to other islands but I’ve found a few that are okay like at Carambola or around Cockleshell. We did a resort visit for a day at the Park Hyatt last year and that was wonderful. I would definitely stay there if I ever did an island stay for multiple days but I don’t think that’s in the cards as there are other islands I’d rather visit for extended stays that have better beaches.