Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

13 minutes ago, NE John said:

Thank you….
The text contained something quite apt, actually relating to skills of Cunard’s Crew

The Snob, and the Taylor,
The Seamstress, and Weaver,
The Butcher, the Baker,
Brewer, Scullion and Waiter.
— ‘Cincinnatus,’ The Patriotic Mirror, 1781

• Like 2

On 9/24/2024 at 7:59 PM, Lanky Lad said:

I am back from a lovely long weekend at Alvaston Hall in Cheshire now checked in online for QA in October.

Have a great time on QA @Lanky Lad, we did !

We've both had colds this week but I think I've almost caught up at work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s 0400 EDT in Coastal GA and I sit here in the dark listening to the winds from Hurricane Helene blowing leaves and small branches against the windows.  I can’t sleep.  Power went out at 0124.  I was watching the weather channel about the hurricane.  I do have power because I have solar, but it is not the whole house.  I am conserving the battery.  The TV and cable are plugged into a solar outlet,  ut the cable comes in from a box outside that is. It plugged into solar.  And the internet router is not on solar…but at least I have cellular.  I have a couple more hours of this before it passes.  From the map it looks like most of south GA has no power.  And we were not in the path of the storm, just outer bands.  I just hope no windows break.  My niece will have her hands full tomorrow taking up all the back yard debris.  EM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

It’s 0400 EDT in Coastal GA and I sit here in the dark listening to the winds from Hurricane Helene blowing leaves and small branches against the windows.  I can’t sleep.  Power went out at 0124.  I was watching the weather channel about the hurricane.  I do have power because I have solar, but it is not the whole house.  I am conserving the battery.  The TV and cable are plugged into a solar outlet,  ut the cable comes in from a box outside that is. It plugged into solar.  And the internet router is not on solar…but at least I have cellular.  I have a couple more hours of this before it passes.  From the map it looks like most of south GA has no power.  And we were not in the path of the storm, just outer bands.  I just hope no windows break.  My niece will have her hands full tomorrow taking up all the back yard debris.  EM

I have just learned of your storm. Sorry to hear that and we hope you escape the worst of it. 

This view was also very nice as well, 

lol 😂 However I must stress the picture is deceiving as they are only small samples but,….it was nice to try them all. 
I can’t remember seeing this being offered in the commodore club?

If they do I missed it. 🤷

IMG_4207.jpeg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Clewgarnet said:

I did a tasting of all the signature cocktails in the Commodore Club on QV a couple of years ago.

Sadly, they were all full-sized, so I don't remember a lot of it!

If mine were full sized, I would have been paralysed from the neck up!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Sounds very scary, stay safe

1 hour ago, Clewgarnet said:

I did a tasting of all the signature cocktails in the Commodore Club on QV a couple of years ago.

Jane did a Mixology course on our pre covid TA - she nearly didn't make dinner that night!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I hope power is restored soon and that you don’t have too much cleanup. Also hope you got some sleep!

3 hours ago, ronpes said:

This view was also very nice as well, 

lol 😂 However I must stress the picture is deceiving as they are only small samples but,….it was nice to try them all. 
I can’t remember seeing this being offered in the commodore club?

If they do I missed it. 🤷

IMG_4207.jpeg

2 hours ago, Clewgarnet said:

1 hour ago, rakkor said:

Jane did a Mixology course on our pre covid TA - she nearly didn't make dinner that night!

I believe I have found my people!  😂

@ronpes, what a great idea to do a martini sampler!  I would definitely try that.  But definitely not full-sized!

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I believe I have found my people!  😂

@ronpes, what a great idea to do a martini sampler!  I would definitely try that.  But definitely not full-sized!

Not me I'm afraid - I tried to rock my inner Bond by having a Martini in the Commodore Club on QV and failed miserably - I really don't like Martinis

IMG_20220906_193157.jpg_compressed.thumb.JPEG.539d1f819c1feb41144c6220c27d564f.JPEG

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, rakkor said:

Not me I'm afraid - I tried to rock my inner Bond by having a Martini in the Commodore Club on QV and failed miserably - I really don't like Martinis

IMG_20220906_193157.jpg_compressed.thumb.JPEG.539d1f819c1feb41144c6220c27d564f.JPEG

That literally made me LOL 😂

Editing to add: By the looks of that lemon twist, they may need more training. Maybe they messed up your martini too!

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

I hope power is restored soon and that you don’t have too much cleanup. Also hope you got some sleep!

I hope so too, but the website says assessing situation.  I got about an hour sleep after the wind dies down.  Then I was out for my morning walk and to do recon in the neighborhood.  We have leaves and branches all over the lawn, as do the neighbors.  There were some moderate size limbs down from trees that are dead at the top.  A street over, though, a man had three old trees fall into the cut de sac.  Tree service was just finishing clearing them.  They said he started calling them at 0300.  Guess they arrived about 0600 and had it done in a bit over two hours.  Still breezy but sun is out so keeping the solar charged.  EM

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1