Want to book Fall 2021 with FCC I have not been credited

M&M cruiseaholics

My April 5 cruise on the Silhouette has been cancelled by Celebrity approximately 1 month ago.  I would like to take my 125% FCC and apply it to a Fall of 2021 cruise.  My travel agent tells me that I have not been credited yet with the FCC yet and I need to make a $900 deposit on the 2021 cruise.  Any thoughts on how long it will take for Celebrity to credit me with my FCC?  Not really thrilled with the though of spending another $900 now.

Talked to them yesterday and it will take 4-5 weeks for that FCC to get to you. The refund portion will only take 3 weeks to be credited to your card. I am in the same situation and I just paid the deposit on the new cruise since the FCC can't be used toward it. I guess it depends on how eager you are to get a new cruise booked, with your choice of cabin, etc. My husband needs to be near the elevator, 9th story veranda, etc. so since there was one available, I went ahead and booked it. Something to look forward to, anyway. 

• Thanks 1

FCC can't be used for your deposit. From my FCC:

We would like to make you aware of some important information regarding your FCCs:

• Any booking made using the Cruise with Confidence FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before December 31, 2021. 
  • If the Cruise With Confidence FCC is not redeemed and sailed on or before December 31, 2021, the certificate will automatically expire and have no value.
  • Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted above. FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings.
  • All guests are responsible for taxes and fees where applicable.
  • Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to void the FCC Savings amount if the guest named above receives other reimbursement.
  • FCCs are only valid for the cruises on Celebrity Cruises ships, are not transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash.
  • The Cruise with Confidence FCC cannot be redeemed to repurchase the same sailing where the original booking cancelled.
  • Additional terms and conditions apply.

Celebrity views deposits as not constituting part of your fare apparently.

There was something on the Royal Caribbean blog the other day about them letting people expecting FCCs to place a hold on future cruises without having them put a deposit down until May 31st. This was only if you booked thru a travel agent. I will see if I can find it and post here. 
Not sure if this is true or not. It was posted on a blog. Also, not sure if Celebrity is following suit. 
If this is true, you would be able to wait til May 31st to deposit and should have your FCC by then. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Like 1

Royal Caribbean Blog is an unofficial fan blog written for other fans of Royal Caribbean International. The Royal Caribbean Blog is not affiliated with Royal Caribbean International

Royal Caribbean letting travel agents place a hold on cruise reservations through end of May

IN: 

Policies

21Mar2020

By: 

Matt Hochberg

Royal Caribbean is helping travel agents with guests that have an upcoming future cruise credit by allowing travel agents to place a hold with no deposit through the end of May 31.

With a lot of guests awaiting future cruise credits emanating from the canceled cruises due to the coronavirus pandemic, Royal Caribbean wanted to make things easier for travel agents to start making new reservations with the credits.

Travel agents can now place a hold on a new booking and keep that hold through May 31, 2020. Traditionally, holds would expire after 3 days. This extension allows guests to await the delivery of their FCC to apply to the booking and then only pay any potential remaining balance at that time.

Report this ad

This new option is available for reservations beginning March 18, 2020 and is valid on sailings departing on-or-before December 31, 2021. It is also only available to travel agents, and not guests.

The final payment date for these new sailings remains unchanged. 

58 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

But the FCC rules clearly state it cannot be used for a deposit......

Maybe I am dense, but where does it say that?   It says cruise fare only.  Your deposit is paying towards your cruise fare.  

If RCCL is letting people hold cruises without the deposit until they get their FCC, they must be letting them use part of the FCC as the deposit. 

Edited by RosieRoo

I have seen i ton Celebrity's web site, I have seen it from TA's  I know and work with.  FCCs are not good for a deposit on a Celebrity cruise. Celebrity FCCs are also not good on RCCL or Azamara cruises.  While RCL owns all three, there are different rules at times for each line.

As I said in my post, it was on a RCCL blog and I didn’t know if Celebrity was following suit.  
I also never stated that they were interchangeable between brands as I know they are not.

I have never seen a statement anywhere that actually said “FCCs can not be used towards deposits” perhaps you have. 

14 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

I have never seen a statement anywhere that actually said “FCCs can not be used towards deposits” perhaps you have. 

Use the search facility. There are numerous posters who have been given this information and posted it.

They are changing policies frequently. You may place a cruise on extended hold pending FCC credits (although it does not specify the deposit, it sounds like the rule may be bending a bit). Also, FCCs are not for new bookings only and may be applied to existing bookings within the stated timeframe.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, charmed101 said:

I have not seen this in print but while talking with a rep from Celebrity yesterday I was told clearly that it could not be used towards a deposit, port fees or taxes.

5 hours ago, Fouremco said:

• Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted above. FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings.

For clarification, does this mean the FCC cannot be used for items such as Excursions, Drink Package, Etc.??  

1 minute ago, Mark.Jules said:

For clarification, does this mean the FCC cannot be used for items such as Excursions, Drink Package, Etc.??  

Excursions, no. Drink package, yes, if a perk as part of the booking, but not if purchased separately.

8 minutes ago, sippican said:

They are changing policies frequently. You may place a cruise on extended hold pending FCC credits (although it does not specify the deposit, it sounds like the rule may be bending a bit). Also, FCCs are not for new bookings only and may be applied to existing bookings within the stated timeframe.

I realize that RCCL and Celebrity are run separately even though they share the same parent company.  I just provided information posted on the RCCL boards, which I clearly stated.  During this unsettled time there’s always the chance that things may change so I thought it worth mentioning. 

This was just posted on the Royal Caribbean boards by a travel agent. Obviously that is Royals policy, but who knows maybe Celebrity will follow suit.

“If you book through a TA you can make a booking and the deposit is not due until May 31 to allow time for the FCC to come in.  The FCC can then be used and if it’s large enough to cover the deposit then no deposit is needed 

if you did make a deposit and your FCC is large enough your deposit will be refunded.”