Grandeur May 28 New England Itinerary change

I have been expecting to receive notification that this cruise is cancelled, but instead just received notice that the itinerary has been changed from New England to Bermuda and Nassau. I'd say that at this point, that's probably wishful thinking on Royal's part. They are offering us three options, which seems fair.

1. Keep the booking and receive onboard credit

2. Opt for 125% Future Cruise Credit

3. Receive a full refund.

I think we'll opt for the refund and wait for things to stabilize before cruising again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My 6/11 Grandeur was changed, and got the option email last night.

I have a few cruises booked all the way to end of 2021 and beyond.  Opted for the 125%.  Taking the gamble and the extra 1675 on top of the amount I paid... to reduce one of my cruises for next year.  

Our May AD NE/Canada cruise is also affected (changed to Bermuda) and our TA got the email.  We're cancelling and taking the refund.  Also, going to cancel the follow on cruise since this was a b2b once we can get an actual refund.  We're currently booked on Harmony for Nov 1 and 8 and Celebrity Summit for next summer.  We're taking it one cruise/cancellation/change at a time.  I don't expect May cruises to actually happen so just waiting for the extension.

We are also booked on this May cruise but have not received any notification. We will be cancelling this one. Even if it goes which I don’t think it will, we would cancel. Even though we are in good health, we are over 70!  We are also booked on the 5 night before this and are hoping we get to cancel without getting more FCC’s!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fun2snorkel said:

We are also booked on this May cruise but have not received any notification. We will be cancelling this one. Even if it goes which I don’t think it will, we would cancel. Even though we are in good health, we are over 70!  We are also booked on the 5 night before this and are hoping we get to cancel without getting more FCC’s!

If you booked via a TA, they have your information.  I got mine yesterday and guessed this would be the change however I figured more days in Bermuda.  One day isn’t enough and really the Itinerary is terrible.  Of course it doesn’t matter, doubt there will be any May cruise.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Fathom5 said:

but instead just received notice that the itinerary has been changed from New England to Bermuda and Nassau. I'd say that at this point, that's probably wishful thinking on Royal's part.

Wishful thinking is an understatement...

Will Bayonne even be open by May ?

Will Bermuda let anyone into their country by May?

https://www.gov.bm/coronavirus

Will Bahamas be open by May?

https://bs.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

"

Information for Travellers

A travel ban is in effect from 20 March 2020.

A travel ban is in place, disallowing travelers to Bermuda unless the person:
belongs to Bermuda,

• is a resident of Bermuda or a dependent who has permission to reside in Bermuda,
  • is a crew member of a cargo or commercial aircraft,
  • cargo ship, or
  • has written permission of the Quarantine Authority of Bermuda to enter.

Anyone entering Bermuda shall comply with the requirements under the Quarantine Act 2017 and the Public Health Act 1949.

All persons entering Bermuda, residents, visitors, and crew, will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days from arrival. Visitors and crew may depart Bermuda based on their travel itinerary if shorter than 14 days if they remain asymptomatic."

2 hours ago, snowbird1 said:

If you booked via a TA, they have your information.  I got mine yesterday and guessed this would be the change however I figured more days in Bermuda.  One day isn’t enough and really the Itinerary is terrible.  Of course it doesn’t matter, doubt there will be any May cruise.  

I agree that one day in Bermuda isn't enough --- especially with the Saturday afternoon arrival and Sunday afternoon departure. A stop at Port Canaveral and Nassau is not appealing either. However, as you say, in all probability it's a moot point anyway. 

Edited by Fathom5

1 minute ago, Hoopster95 said:

Wishful thinking is an understatement...

Will Bayonne even be open by May ?

Will Bermuda let anyone into their country by May?

https://www.gov.bm/coronavirus

Will Bahamas be open by May?

https://bs.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Exactly! 

This cruise leaves from Baltimore, but the same situation applies. Presently, the Bahamas and Bermuda are both closed. Also, I have read that the regatta scheduled for June 19 in Bermuda has been cancelled, so that doesn't bode well for Bermuda welcoming visitors in late May or June.