Cancelled today,wait time

NW Pacific

11 hours ago, mynameisvlad said:

Furthermore, "goods or services not received" is a fully valid dispute code that very much applies in these times. Per Amex's Dispute Reference Guide, refunds should be issued within 24-48 hours to avoid a C08 (goods not received) or immediately upon processing the cancellation to prevent a C05 (goods cancelled) dispute. 

Unfortunately you signed a contract and agreed to abide its terms. And the "goods or services not received" are being reimbursed in accordance with the contract you signed. Which makes your dispute frivolous and it would not be upheld. Based on the dollar amount of your fraudulent dispute, it could be a criminal act. And NCL has, in the past, blacklisted people for frivolous disputes,,, which may sound o.k. today, but not so much over time as you get older. 

40 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Unfortunately you signed a contract and agreed to abide its terms. And the "goods or services not received" are being reimbursed in accordance with the contract you signed. Which makes your dispute frivolous and it would not be upheld. Based on the dollar amount of your fraudulent dispute, it could be a criminal act. And NCL has, in the past, blacklisted people for frivolous disputes,,, which may sound o.k. today, but not so much over time as you get older. 

If only there was ANY truth in this post.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Literally the only thing you got right is that NCL might blacklist you. Which, honestly, I'm fine with at this point. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blcruising said:

Here is how the chargeback system works when you approach it in good faith. No fraud threats, no criminal investigations, no fear mongering. Good grief, people. Stop already.

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding a charge on your account. We're happy to investigate this for you. In the meantime, we have applied a provisional credit to your account and notified the merchant of this situation. Here is the case number for your record:

Case Number:2003xxxx
Merchant Name:
Dispute Amount:$xxxx.xx

In most cases, the provisional credit we've applied will remain on your account. However, if the merchant provides documentation that shows the charge is valid, we will remove the provisional credit and notify you with a copy of the information provided from the merchant. Otherwise, the provisional credit will become permanent. This process typically takes less than sixty days, though more complex cases may require additional time.

You can review the status of this investigation at any time by visiting ...... or by calling our Billing Assistance team from 6:30AM to 1:00AM (ET) every day at 1-800-...

"However, if the merchant provides documentation that shows the charge is valid, we will remove the provisional credit and notify you with a copy of the information provided from the merchant."  

Cancelled cruise means the charge is no longer valid.  NCL can't argue the charge is valid.  I suppose they could try . . . NCL:  "Well, yes we cancelled the cruise and we provided no other service, but the charge is still kinda valid, see, we promised to refund, but not yet.  After 90 days from April 13th we'll let you know when we decide the charge is no longer valid for the service we didn't provide and have no intention of providing.  Capeesh?" 

Edited by mianmike

On 3/31/2020 at 9:34 PM, lepidoptera said:

I called this afternoon at about 1600hr EDT, and also had no wait to cancel my Alaska trip. I was hoping to be able to rebook Alaska for next year right away, but have to wait for the credit to clear, unless I want to give them more money 🤣. They were saying a week for it to clear for me. 

If I had a cheaper/ Carribbean  cruise planned I’d make final payment next month and wait and see what happens. Hope my refund clears quickly, but I’m not holding my breath. I’ll just have to check NCL everyday and see if it’s cleared yet, and if doesn’t clear next week I’ll probably call again. 

Just wanted to add this to the discussion I was completely wrong to doubt NCL. I had my cruise next certificates back on my account today less than 3 full days after I cancelled,  not the week they promised, and not longer as I had feared. Maybe it is because when I called I said wanted to cancel and rebook, and they said they were putting a note in my account. 

I canceled thermal spa passes, beverage package and dining package almost four weeks ago. I was told I would have refunds within 7 to 10 business days. That didn't happen. I've called numerous times and received a major runaround every time. Now they're saying 90 days, just as if I was requesting a refund for my cruise that was canceled three weeks ago. I was seriously considering taking the FCC but this whole refund fiasco has soured me on NCL. I'll probably ask for a refund and look elsewhere when I'm ready to cruise again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lepidoptera said:

Just wanted to add this to the discussion I was completely wrong to doubt NCL. I had my cruise next certificates back on my account today less than 3 full days after I cancelled,  not the week they promised, and not longer as I had feared. Maybe it is because when I called I said wanted to cancel and rebook, and they said they were putting a note in my account. 

It's because it's not "real money." 

• Like 1

I found this interesting, specifically reason code 13.6 which states merchant has 20 days from dispute date to respond.  That would speed things along for many.   To me it's interesting because this states refund date is that based on the company's cancellation policy at time of purchase transaction, but not sure if the dispute is still valid for those that were duly warned prior to cancellation that NCL now says it will take 90 days.  Regardless I do not see how it could ever even be considered friendly fraud.  If you care, NCL still has the right to ban whomever they want.

https://chargebacks911.com/chargeback-reason-codes/visa/

Credit Not Processed

Description: The customer claims a credit was due but never processed.

Time Limit (Issuer/Cardholder):120 Days

Time Limit (Acquirer/Merchant): 30 days (cut to 20 days in 2019)

Typical Causes: The merchant didn't credit the account; the merchant issued the credit but not in time to be posted to the customer's most recent statement; the customer misunderstood the return policy; the merchant processed a transaction receipt that should have been voided.

Prevention Steps:

• Share the return policy with the cardholder before completing the transaction
  • Issue credits promptly
  • Notify the cardholder when the credit has been issued

https://chargebacks911.com/chargeback-time-limit/

Visa also removed the "timing out" option: under the legacy system, merchants had the option of simply ignoring a request for response until the allowable time ran out, effectively accepting the chargeback by default. Now, Visa imposes a fine on merchants who don't respond in a timely manner--even if that response is an acceptance of the chargeback.

Edited by Até

14 hours ago, Até said:

I found this interesting, specifically reason code 13.6 which states merchant has 20 days from dispute date to respond.  That would speed things along for many.   To me it's interesting because this states refund date is that based on the company's cancellation policy at time of purchase transaction, but not sure if the dispute is still valid for those that were duly warned prior to cancellation that NCL now says it will take 90 days.  Regardless I do not see how it could ever even be considered friendly fraud.  If you care, NCL still has the right to ban whomever they want.

Who knows for sure.  RCL and Carnival are processing 100% refunds now.  You are correct NCL certainly has the "right" to ban.  Customers have the right to lobby on CLIA issues.  Will NCL be asking for bankruptcy protection in our courts?  They are acting like it is important for them to hold on to money.  In the first stimulus package there was nothing for cruise lines despite intense CLIA lobbying.  They continue to lobby with legislators who receive hundreds of thousands of dollars from CLIA PAc as we see more stimulus packages in our future.  NCL's stated policy that even if they let us fill out the form, refunds would be processed "AFTER 90 days".  Hmmmm.   "friendly fraud"? no.  However, when their actions are taken as a whole, particularly compared to RCL and Carnival, we need to look at "good faith" transactions and communications.  In the past, when MY credit card company wanted "more data" concerning a dispute I submitted the facts and they almost instantaneously applied full refund (not a conditional refund).  Every card company operates very differently on this subject.  It would be so nice for NCL to just do the right thing and "pivot" their current policy to refunds issued NOW for those who wish.

Edited by Mobster