Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My younger daughter who lived in the UK in the late 90’s met Mick Jagger at a club one night and asked if she could get a picture with him.I don’t know how many were taken but when she came back to NY she had 12 pictures.

Sorry for your Loss 🙏🏻

I met Anthony Keidis at LAX about a month after I was at his concert.  I still had the ticket stub in my wallet and got him to sign it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I loved Karen Carpenter’s voice. Her Christmas album is one of my favorites. She also was a really good drummer.

Her voice was pure magic. So sweet and clear.

The following lyrics from "Superstar":

Long ago, and oh, so far away
I fell in love with you before the second show
Your guitar, it sounds so sweet and clear
But you're not really here, it's just the radio

• Like 6

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Adding to the concerts discussion.   I think the last one we went to was Paul McCartney, and it was one of the best.  It was an amazing show.

When the original production of Beatlemania appeared on Broadway the singer/actor Mitch Weissman was cast as Paul McCartney.Mitch has been said to be the definitive Paul McCartney singer. I was working at the time with Mitch’ father.He gave ne two Orchestra tickets,front row to see the show.My wife could not go and I took a cousin of hers and we saw a great show.

• Like 5

Because of this thread, for the past 3 1/2 hours, I've been playing YouTube videos of a variety of songs from all over the spectrum including ,but not limited to, Vixen, Lita Ford, Ozzy Osbourne, Alice Cooper, Midnight Oil, The Cranberries, Kiss, AC/DC, Uriah Heep, Santana, Deep Purple,Scorpions, Metallica & Herman's Hermits.

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Always tough because of course it's completely subjective, and my tastes change day to day.  But yeah, I'd put KC at the top just purely for voice...probably followed in some order by Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone, Christina Aguilera, Ann Wilson.  

I love Stevie Nicks (our dog is named after her!).  I had my share of boyhood crushes growing up, but I was madly in love with Linda Ronstadt.

Of course, as I type those out I'm thinking of 10 others who could be in my top 5 LOL

Purely for voice, I'd add Barbra Streisand, Whitney Houston, and Adele.

Any mention of Heart or the Wilson sisters makes me think of their Stairway to Heaven tribute to Led Zeppelin during the Kennedy Center Honors. Jason Bonham played drums.  It's impossible to beat the original Zeppelin version, but they came close.  I get choked up watching it.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Any mention of Heart or the Wilson sisters makes me think of their Stairway to Heaven tribute to Led Zeppelin during the Kennedy Center Honors. Jason Bonham played drums.  It's impossible to beat the original Zeppelin version, but they came close.  I get choked up watching it.

Barbara Streisand for sure, I agree.

That version of Stairway is incredible and makes me cry every time. Seeing the expression of Page and Plant in the audience is priceless.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So my list of concerts is long and I may have forgotten a few.

Paul Revere and the Raiders (first concert and saw them 4 times)

Deep Purple (2x)

Emerson, Lake and Palmer 

Pink Floyd

Asleep at the Wheel

Jethro Tull

The James Gang

Black Oak Arkansas

Chase

Chicago

Blood Sweat and Tears

Earth Wind and Fire (4x)

Chaka Chan

Bloodstone

Commodores with Lionel Ritchie

Todd Rundgren

Maynard Ferguson Big Band

Buddy Rich Big Band

Count Basie Big Band

Billy Cobham

Par Metheny

Gary Burton

John Scofield

Porcupine Tree

Peter Gabriel

My cousin Donald was a musician playing with Blood Sweat and Tears before the band was actually formed. He though that the name of the band was ridiculous and he left them and formed his own band .Their biggest gig was at a club in Bermuda.Donald left music and went into commercial real estate.

My late friend Mike knew more singer/musicians than anyone I ever knew.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NHProud said:

And , I left off and don’t know if it qualifies as a concert was Renée Fleming in recital at the Los Angeles concert hall.  I saw Bette Midler in LV however no singing . 

Barbra Streisand was great when she was singing but too much talking and she brought on her son and sister.  She featured a photo of her mom on the large screens so basically she brought her family along. 

Barbra and I lived around the corner from each other when we were infants. We both became child singers but only one of us had a career as a singer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am surprised it took this long before Pink Floyd is mentioned.  Great music and a great light show. 

Like others hard to say who was best but here are a few that did great that I haven't noticed mentioned. 

Jethro Tull

Yes

Santana

Jeff Beck

Todd Rundgren 

What was your first concert.  

Mine was Jefferson Airplane at the Akron Rubber Bowl.  It was also my first and last experience with tear gas. 

Grace Slick and guitarist Paul Kanter were arrested after the concert.  An interesting first concert experience. 

Jefferson Airplane is my all time favorite .I love Santana .There is a band where I live that has been around since 1977 ,Turnpike Joe and the Traffic Jam .I have been to about 30 of their concerts.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry Lenny.

Our condolences to Toby and yourself and to everyone who loved your friend Mike.

Graham 

Thank you ,Graham . Mike knew more people and had more friends than anyone I have ever known.He had a lot of friends in show business and in the sports world 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

This is fantastic Bob, thanks for sharing.  It sure brings back memories as this song was played at every high school dance and prom.  

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friend Mike died last night.We did not sleep ,we were crying nearly non stop.

The funeral is tomorrow .Toby will go but I cannot physically go to the cemetary

My Parkinsons is really draining me Thank you for your words.

So sorry for the passing of your good friend.  Condolences to his family and to yours. 

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

Always tough because of course it's completely subjective, and my tastes change day to day.  But yeah, I'd put KC at the top just purely for voice...probably followed in some order by Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone, Christina Aguilera, Ann Wilson.  

I love Stevie Nicks (our dog is named after her!).  I had my share of boyhood crushes growing up, but I was madly in love with Linda Ronstadt.

Of course, as I type those out I'm thinking of 10 others who could be in my top 5 LOL

I saw Aretha live in 1963.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Because of this thread, for the past 3 1/2 hours, I've been playing YouTube videos of a variety of songs from all over the spectrum including ,but not limited to, Vixen, Lita Ford, Ozzy Osbourne, Alice Cooper, Midnight Oil, The Cranberries, Kiss, AC/DC, Uriah Heep, Santana, Deep Purple,Scorpions, Metallica & Herman's Hermits.

I watched a documentary on Netflix a few nights ago.The music was by Midnight Oil.

If DaveKathy was posting on this thread today he would say that surprisingly nobody has mentioned one of my all time favorite bands:Mountain.

I like Deep Purple.I bought my first CD of the band in 2005

• Like 3

On November 6, 1986 I went to an after work retirement party with a friend and I met a guy.  He was younger than me, I was a single Mom to a 3 year old, shy & quiet. He introduced himself and we spent most of the night talking & dancing.  Our first official date was 3 days later at Chuck E Cheese with my daughter and we never looked backed.  
On February 19, 1988, 35 years ago tomorrow , this happened:

FA2FFFD7-B63F-48BC-B642-4132CC2E31C2.thumb.jpeg.7675bf5e0136ef5141e395dd9e9d68ed.jpeg

Here’s a pic of me with said munchkin as my flower girl:

C1B84CA0-3CCA-45C0-89F8-DFBE78A25AFD.thumb.jpeg.1f1e7f5d33f94bd5cb41facfb9488fd8.jpeg

A couple of years after this he adopted the munchkin and we went in to have two more daughters.  I sure am glad that woman retired and had a party!

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 37

49 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Barbara Streisand for sure, I agree.

That version of Stairway is incredible and makes me cry every time. Seeing the expression of Page and Plant in the audience is priceless.

Stairway to Heaven is my all time favorite song .A close second is Kashmir.

Another one of my favorite bands is Renaissance.

• Like 4