Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, dbancroft said:

My wife and I celebrated our 42nd anniversary on Oct 2nd. Just had dinner at home with grandkids. We watched Dr Odyssey it was nice seeing Shania Twain.

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just watching the second episode of Dr Odyssey and it’s getting better. Shania Twain was on it and a past cast member from Glee. Still some very unrealistic aspects (fire place in the Captain’s room and lit candles), but this week episode was a singles cruise and it did provide some laughs. 

Part way through this episode it started to remind me of Hank MD (a house Dr in the Hamptons), but on a cruise ship.  Lisa agreed with me. 

I love love love Shania Twain so I'll make sure to watch it. I had just posted a very wordy review of my thoughts of the show on the Dr Odyssey thread. Basically not typically my type of show but found somewhat enjoyable. I wouldn't expect much in the way of realism from this type of show. The creator - Ryan Murphy - also created Glee & American Horror Story so it's kinda cool that a past Glee cast member show up. Can Lady GaGa or Jessica Lange be far behind? ☺️

Oh, and Happy Anniversary to @dbancroft

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just watching the second episode of Dr Odyssey and it’s getting better. Shania Twain was on it and a past cast member from Glee. Still some very unrealistic aspects (fire place in the Captain’s room and lit candles), but this week episode was a singles cruise and it did provide some laughs. 

Part way through this episode it started to remind me of Hank MD (a house Dr in the Hamptons), but on a cruise ship.  Lisa agreed with me. 

I understand they did a cardiac catheterization on a patient. All this medical equipment must be why they couldn't afford to put slides, a rock wall, and Flowrider up on the top deck.

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Yikes!  Not me!!  That’s the middle of the night!!!  🤭

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Same. I woke up around 6:00 am, looked at the clock, rolled over, punched the pillow and went back to sleep for another 2 1/2 hours. 😇

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm at the hospital by 5AM every day.

Most days, by the time 6:30 rolls around, I will have bee up for three hours. Three newspapers read, half pot of coffee gone, and I will have spent a half hour in the hot tub already watching Fox and Friends.  

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 3

I have a question that I hope someone knows about. Next summer we are sailing on Independence out of Southampton. We plan to spend about 4 days in London afterwards. I happened to check the RC site for booking hotels and they are WAY cheaper. One hotel was £340 per night on the hotel site and $360 on RC. I double checked that I had the currency right. Has anyone used them? What was your experience? I’ve booked flights through RC and had no problems, but these prices are so good they make me cautious.