Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

37 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My husband, Jack, shares something with Lenny's son-in-law.  Today is his birthday too.  

Our daughter is working on one of those photo books that will be chock full of family photos.  He's gonna flip when he gets it.

'

Happy Birthday to Jack!  I hope he's having a great day, and will enjoy his take-out dinner this evening!

Jack will certainly love the family photo book!  Our daughter presented Jim and I with a photo book of our 50th Wedding Anniversary as one of our Christmas presents.  We love it!!!❤️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheal said:

I was going to ask if you were going to pretest before the test. 

Was that yesterday and what was the tirade about?  I did see the FF discussion.  Just so everyone knows, I love fries, more so than rice. 

That would be one doll and one outfit.  Those girls have expensive tastes.  Now that I think about it I have little "Coconut" the original American Doll dog (who just happens to be a Westie) in the basement with the girls.  Maybe someday I will the opportunity to drag the box out. 

@lenquixote66Happy Birthday to your SIL and happy upcoming anniversary to you and Toby!

@Ozark_KidI hope your daughter feels better soon.  My daughter's BF, who is also pregnant, had Covid at Christmas time.  She was feeling pretty lousy for a few days.

Thank you very much

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,MaryAnn.The legs are okay but the Osteoporosis and the back fracture is the major concern now.The Rheumatologist wants to administer Prolia injections which has horrific side effects including the possibility of heart failure and death.Yesterday morning Toby had a Cardiac Cat Scan.

She has an appointment with the Cardiologist Monday morning to discuss the findings of the test.

I wish Toby the best of luck at her Monday appointment with her Cardiologist, Lenny!

42 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Wishing Glenn a super birthday.

My husband, Jack, shares something with Lenny's son-in-law.  Today is his birthday too.  No cake, no fancy dinner out.  We're leery of being in a group setting.  We'll just bring in something for dinner, Maggiano's (not my fave but Jack's) or Chinese which is both our faves. He said the best birthday gift is being together, healthy and content. I agree! 😍

Our daughter is working on one of those photo books that will be chock full of family photos.  He's gonna flip when he gets it.

'

Thanks,Bonnie. Happy Birthday to your husband.

We are not overdoing the celebration.It will just be my daughters,their husbands,my grand daughters,grand dog and grand puppy.Tomorrow is Toby’s sisters birthday and it will be a Zoom with people relatives and friends from all over the US and Israel.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I saw that thread and it was crazy wacky.  It might of been because I was late to the thread and skimmed some but it was hard for me to follow.  I had left it open in a tab and when I refreshed it a while ago it was deleted.

@Sunshine3601 Hate that you are having to cut the cruise short.  Thankful you got to enjoy the first half.  I enjoyed 3 lobsters too.  I told Sharon…. Sunshine just posted the guy next to her ate 7 lobster!  She laughed and said, well you have done that. 

@dani negreanu You have a good looking grandson.  Thankful all went well.

Some may remember me mentioning my youngest daughter is having a baby and we got to hear the heart beat right before we left last week. She has a very sore throat and her body aches so she stayed home today.  Here work sent someone to her house to test her and it was positive for Covid.  I saw where some here were talking about the free test and found out our daughter had already ordered them for us.

Sorry to hear about your daughter.Hopefully she will be better very soon.

9 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hope all goes well for Toby and you.  It is hard to make choices on medications with so many side effects.

Yes,I recently took myself off a medication because of the side effects and I am not going on the Parkinsons medication that my Neurologist wants be to be on because the side effects can be fatal.

Well, most of my family avoided COVID for months, but caught it in dribs and drabs. DGS in Fall 2020. DIL January 2021. 
They had COVID before vaccines and were very sick. 
Both of our twin granddaughters and their spouses had it in August 2021. 
DGD finishing law school 1,000 miles from home pretty sick and tested positive last week. 
Today one of my other granddaughters tested positive. My daughter said Hannah came to dinner Sunday night to well wish her dad for his bunionectomy Monday. 
Yesterday she came and brought lunch.  

Hannah and my son-in-law both work for  the same company and have been working remotely 3 days a week. 
She start feeling crummy in the afternoon and worse today so she did a home test and is positive. 
That leaves DS, DD, SIL, Dick and me…..waiting for the inevitable!

We’re all pro-vaccine and had our boosters, so not too worried. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

Well, most of my family avoided COVID for months, but caught it in dribs and drabs. DGS in Fall 2020. DIL January 2021. 
They had COVID before vaccines and were very sick. 
Both of our twin granddaughters and their spouses had it in August 2021. 
DGD finishing law school 1,000 miles from home pretty sick and tested positive last week. 
Today one of my other granddaughters tested positive. My daughter said Hannah came to dinner Sunday night to well wish her dad for his bunionectomy Monday. 
Yesterday she came and brought lunch.  

Hannah and my son-in-law both work for  the same company and have been working remotely 3 days a week. 
She start feeling crummy in the afternoon and worse today so she did a home test and is positive. 

Sorry to hear about your granddaughter Mimi.I hope that she gets better very soon.

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,MaryAnn.The legs are okay but the Osteoporosis and the back fracture is the major concern now.The Rheumatologist wants to administer Prolia injections which has horrific side effects including the possibility of heart failure and death.Yesterday morning Toby had a Cardiac Cat Scan.

She has an appointment with the Cardiologist Monday morning to discuss the findings of the test.

Sending prayers 🙏 for Toby for her Cardiologist appointment on Monday Lenny.

Graham.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Waiting for the inevitable is right, Mimi!  I think we all will wind up with Covid...it's just a matter of time.

I hope your granddaughter feels better quickly!

Last week my grandson tested Positive.  He slept constantly, as did my granddaughter during her Christmas Break...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Wishing Glenn a super birthday.

My husband, Jack, shares something with Lenny's son-in-law.  Today is his birthday too.  No cake, no fancy dinner out.  We're leery of being in a group setting.  We'll just bring in something for dinner, Maggiano's (not my fave but Jack's) or Chinese which is both our faves. He said the best birthday gift is being together, healthy and content. I agree! 😍

'

Happy birthday Jack, Bonnie's husband.

CF584717-26A5-44A4-97D1-8B0594A9F898.gif.4dead2d84240e63b1802ba524077b0af.gif

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My granddaughter, who lives with us, is waiting by the mailbox for the Catholic High School acceptance letters that went out.  She is so cute trying to pretend she is calm!

That is adorable,Marietta.My 17 year old granddaughter calls me every time she gets accepted by a college she applied to.So far she has been accepted by colleges in Indiana,MA and NY.She is waiting to hear from one in PA.

I tried to convince her to apply to Brooklyn College ,the school that her parents,Toby and I graduated but she just smiles when I say that.

• Like 2