Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

I love seeing everyone’s gardens. Here is my back yard - I may be drinking wine 

4D25B713-8561-49A7-B141-92AB3A4EB67E.jpeg

Lovely garden Missusdubbya.

Pauline is on the phone now to her cousin in Adelaide Australia.

It has been 102°F today over there.

12 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

A pool would be nice 😇

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We don't get consistently good enough weather on the North East Coast of England.

I imagine a heated and covered pool will be too much of an expense??

Missing our Olympic heated pool nearby, closed due to the continuous lock down for more than 5 months.

Now they are allowed to open again, but only for those who have been twice vaccinated + one week from the 2nd jab. The staff has to be vaccinated too, so they're struggling to find young people (mainly guards) in order to open.... It may take some time 😢

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I imagine a heated and covered pool will be too much of an expense??

Missing our Olympic heated pool nearby, closed due to the continuous lock down for more than 5 months.

Now they are allowed to open again, but only for those who have been twice vaccinated + one week from the 2nd jab. The staff has to be vaccinated too, so they're struggling to find young people (mainly guards) in order to open.... It may take some time 😢

Pauline is scared of swimming pools after her nasty older sister threw her in the deep end as a child and she nearly drowned.

It is several years since I have swam in swimming pools.

• Like 1

Good news I have been invited for my first vaccine jab next Wednesday.I have booked 5pm because I have an appointment at 11am with the eye consultant.

Bad news our Sarah rang to say her covid19 test yesterday was positive.She sounded positive and is only 40 but has epilepsy.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good news I have been invited for my first vaccine jab next Wednesday. 👍

Bad news our Sarah rang to say her covid19 test yesterday was positive. She sounded positive and is only 40 but has epilepsy.

To my limited knowledge, epilepsy wasn't listed as risk factor (obesity, BP, immuno-depressed, diabetes, etc).  She has her young age at her side. Fingers crossed Sarah will "sail through" it 🤞

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Oh, my 😢

Pauline's older sister sounds more and more like Snow White's stepsister....

Pauline is too nice and loved her sister even though she used to lock Pauline and her younger brother in cupboards when their mam was out when they were kids.She is 6 years older than Pauline.

When Pauline's cousin came over from Australia in 2019 most of the family met for lunch but everyone said they didn't want Carol, Pauline's sister to be there so no one told her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good news I have been invited for my first vaccine jab next Wednesday.I have booked 5pm because I have an appointment at 11am with the eye consultant.

Bad news our Sarah rang to say her covid19 test yesterday was positive.She sounded positive and is only 40 but has epilepsy.

Good and bad news.  Here is to it being a mild case and that she copes very well with it.  Fingers crossed.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Nice. I did some Drone stuff today as well. This is a pattern we will be setting up for the Civilian Challenge next weekend. 

Impressive riding and impressive droning (is that a verb??).  And an impressive amount of cones!  That course looks very challenging.  I have this image of you guys sadistically rubbing your hands together trying to figure out how you can make the course more difficult.  😈

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy you've had your call up. Hubby and I had our jabs a few days ago. They seem to be racing through the groups. 

But sorry to hear Sarah has tested positive. Sending good wishes that she only has a mild bout, at least she has youth on her side 🤞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great News!    Eric and I both got Negative for Covid test results today.     So happy he fully recovered and I guess the illness I had for a couple days was something else since I never tested positive.   

WooHoo!   We are allowed out again - now where to go - especially since we just had 8.5 inches of snow today.   I just finished snow blowing my house and my neighbors.    

Fantastic news!  Congrats...and stay well...stay safe!  🙂 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Does everyone know today is National Drink Wine day?   If not, get started....it's an official holiday😇

Really??!!   Well...guess I will be right in style then.  😉   

Oh wait...every day is drink wine day for me!   😄 🍷  Cheers!! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sgmn said:

Happy you've had your call up. Hubby and I had our jabs a few days ago. They seem to be racing through the groups. 

But sorry to hear Sarah has tested positive. Sending good wishes that she only has a mild bout, at least she has youth on her side 🤞

Thanks Sue.

I appreciate your good wishes and concern for Sarah.

Pleased to hear you both had your jabs a few days ago and sounds like you had no side effects which is fantastic.

Graham.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I cannot drink wine because I have Ulcerative Colitis.I have pizza every Sunday.

New topic for this thread...pizza.  What's your favorite flavor of pizza Lenny?  I assume with your Brooklyn background that you prefer NY style??

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

I love seeing everyone’s gardens. Here is my back yard - I may be drinking wine 

4D25B713-8561-49A7-B141-92AB3A4EB67E.jpeg

And you do have some truly wonderful wine in your area!!  Sigh...we were supposed to be cruising your north coast on Serenade right now. 😞   With a glass of that good wine on the balcony.  😉 

Maybe someday.  

• Like 1

Oh my...good and bad news.  Congrats on getting your second shot.  Hope Sarah recovers fast.  

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear Sarah has this darn virus, hopefully she will only have a mild bout with it.  In our prayers.

Happy to hear you are scheduled for your first jab😍

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

New topic for this thread...pizza.  What's your favorite flavor of pizza Lenny?  I assume with your Brooklyn background that you prefer NY style??

I prefer Island Lady style.  Always a different homemade pizza for us.  Bucky's favorite and his Valentine's dinner request of course.  😉  This was our Christmas Eve. dinner.  

20201221_171717.jpg

20201221_173547.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 5