Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

I must be the only one who truly misses one of the best musicians in my lifetime. 

Harry Chapin died way to young. 

Loved his style. 

Saw him in concert a couple times in one year. 
Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Akron, and waited at Stambaugh auditorium in Youngstown during a snow storm where he arrived 2 hours late. Then played his heart out to Almost 1am. A few weeks later I was on vacation in Boulder Colorado and attended his concert there. He brought up the snow event. Our group cheered. The next thing you know I was on stage with my legend. Talk about a memory being made. 

Miss him.   

Special memory. 

I always loved "Cat's In The Cradle".  Great message.

One more song. David Gates of Bread, "IF".  I get totally ferklempt listening to it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, George C said:

Agree would love to see U2 and Pearl Jam , I have lots of old ticket stubs also from my 50 plus years of concerts, love live music.

I have my ticket stubs from every concert I went to as well as every play and sporting event.

• Like 2

Just now, BonTexasNY said:

Special memory. 

I always loved "Cat's In The Cradle".  Great message.

One more song. David Gates of Bread, "IF".  I get totally ferklempt listening to it.

Sinatra did a great cover of “IF”

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I mentioned this either in here or in Bella's thread but I will repeat. I was at the Newport Folk Festival in the 60s.  An experience I will always remember fondly.. Judy Collins was amazing; Bob Dylan was just....Bob Dylan. I never cared for his voice.  Sounds like he's holding his nose while he sings. Yes he is iconic but not for just his singing voice alone. His personna, his song writing skills have a lot to do with his success.  He was awarded the Nobel prize in literature.  He was a singer of protest songs and although there is no doubt his influence is legendary,  he never would have made it on his voice alone.  That's only my opinion.

And speaking of music, what about Gloria Estefan, Carol King?? 

There is a book ,Festival Songbook with songs and pictures of people who attended concerts from the 50’s to the end of the 70’s including a thumbnail picture of me.

in my opinion Gloria Estefan,Carole King ,and others were great but the greatest female voice belonged to Whitney Houston.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

For my money, the greatest Canadian rock and roll band is Rush.

Agreed.  Neil Peart has to be one of the top 3 greatest drummers of all time, any genre.  Other than drum solos, he's the first drummer that I ever really listened to as playing "notes" rather than just keeping a beat.  He probably also stands out more since Rush is only 3 people.  Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson are no slouches either.

15 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Saw "Get On Your Feet" a Broadway Musical Production about Gloria Estefan.  It was great.  Also saw "Beautiful:  A Carol King Musical".  Fantastic show.

Judy Collins' "Send In The Clowns"- love that song.

The only Bob Dylan song I liked is "Blowin' In The Wind".  One of the songs I learned to play on the guitar on.

Get On Your Feet was great as was Beautiful.

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

This is a concert

This music just gives me goosebumps. 

Said to be the most overused piece of music in cinematic history.

It tours in Orlando every now and then

Mom flew down and saw him in Tampa in March 2020 for his last concert before everything shut down.  She was supposed to fly to to Europe last summer to see him perform at Maastricht as well but that obviously didn’t happen. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

There is a book ,Festival Songbook with songs and pictures of people who attended concerts from the 50’s to the end of the 70’s including a thumbnail picture of me.

in my opinion Gloria Estefan,Carole King ,and others were great but the greatest female voice belonged to Whitney Houston.

Barbra Streisand.

On a cruise note. Two Carnivals ships pulled into Galveston!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mugtech said:

Have not seen anyone mention two of my favorites, Beachboys and Steppenwolf.  Enjoyed Youngbloods, Santana, Chicago and Canned Heat for $5 in Philly in 1969.

If you like Steppenwolf I urge you to check out Fried Rice and the White Guys on You Tube.They do a great rendition of Born to Be Wild.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mugtech said:

Have not seen anyone mention two of my favorites, Beachboys and Steppenwolf.  Enjoyed Youngbloods, Santana, Chicago and Canned Heat for $5 in Philly in 1969.

I saw Canned Heat in 2008 at a Hippie Fest concert.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We attended a Boston Pops concert conducted by Arthur Fiedler at Van Cortlandt Park in The Bronx. The fireworks and boom when they played the 1812 Overture was something I will never forget. 

I also saw them at Van Cartland Park,perhaps the same time 😀

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

This is a concert

This music just gives me goosebumps. 

Said to be the most overused piece of music in cinematic history.

It tours in Orlando every now and then

Andre Rieu is great.Friends “dragged” us to see him and I was mesmerized.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

+1.

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Bucky enjoys doing electric work, drywall, (sort of on painting), especially any kind of wood work.  Ask him how he feels about plumbing (even though he does it) and he pales.  Hates plumbing work!!  

Same for Andy. Hates doing any kind of plumbing. His favorite thing is painting - interior, exterior, doesn’t matter to him. 

• Like 2