Regent Refund Experience (please limit to received refunds)

Portolan

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

Given the highly unusual (and in my opinion, unkind) restrictions placed on the refund threads, the discussion had to go somewhere.  However, it is quite off-topic on the thread about cruises in 2020.  As I mentioned previously, there should be a thread to discuss the "ifs, ands, and buts) of the refund process. However, that would be the third thread about the same subject that could have been covered in one thread - without restrictions.  Truly hope that these types of threads (restricted) are not permitted in the future as there is nothing wrong with discussing on-topic subjects on any thread.

I would venture to say that THIS thread is now the general discussion thread about refunds, and most are treating it that way.  (My comment about the thread about future 2020 cruises was an attempt to steer the refund discussion there back to this thread.)

@Portolan, if you disagree with me and still feel this thread should be "restricted," please let us know.

There is no impediment to anyone starting a new thread if they feel like it.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

@Portolan, if you disagree with me and still feel this thread should be "restricted," please let us know.

There is no impediment to anyone starting a new thread if they feel like it.

No problem with using this thread for anything anybody thinks of.  The original focused intent has long since been co-opted.  After hundreds of posts, I'm still waiting to hear of someone (other than those on or embarking for a cruise) whose cruise was cancelled by Regent after they had paid in full and opted for a cash refund.

Also cannot understand why someone who is offended by the stated goal of a thread (and who has started threads with a stated intent) has to post in the thread and not just start their own.

• Like 1

Thanks Portolan!  Many of us that start threads have a “stated intent” that tends to wander off into related topics.  This is typical and I do not see a problem with it.  It was seeing what I felt was a restricted thread that was very surprising since this is not something that I’ve seen before.  And, posters that tried to make related comments were reminded of the restriction.

Then another thread on the same topic was started and it was made clear what could or could not be posted on that thread.

Today, it was stated that a discussion on the same topic was being discussed on a unrelated thread (whether or not Regent will sail in 2020).

I am stating my concern with these types of threads for a few reasons.  Firstly, this has caused a lot of confusion.  The exact same thing is being discussed in multiple places.  In the past, threads such as these would be combined into one thread.  Lastly, the message that this is giving members is that they cannot state their situation and ask for advice without being reprimanded.  

in my opinion, this is not a simple subject.  There are people from different countries posting - some posters have done “normal” cancelations while others canceled a few days before Regent canceled the cruise or had their cruise canceled by Regent.  For this reason, we need to ask questions or make statements (just as on any other thread).

On the other hand, if there is a thread that is about refunds and someone posts that think that there is a case of the virus on Navigator, it is clearly off topic and posters are usually directed to the correct thread or asked to start a new thread.

My intent of making these comments is to simplify threads - especially during this difficult time as well as hoping that restricted threads to not become the “norm” in there future.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Portolan said:

No problem with using this thread for anything anybody thinks of.  The original focused intent has long since been co-opted.  After hundreds of posts, I'm still waiting to hear of someone (other than those on or embarking for a cruise) whose cruise was cancelled by Regent after they had paid in full and opted for a cash refund.

Also cannot understand why someone who is offended by the stated goal of a thread (and who has started threads with a stated intent) has to post in the thread and not just start their own.

Portolan, I asked for a cash refund from Regent for my Regent-canceled Barcelona to Southampton that you were scheduled for the Lisbon to Southampton, end of Apr.  So far no joy!

Mad

59 minutes ago, Portolan said:

I'm still waiting to hear of someone (other than those on or embarking for a cruise) whose cruise was cancelled by Regent after they had paid in full and opted for a cash refund.

Most, if not all, of the first eight entries on the spreadsheet meet those criteria, and have received their refunds:

Full Cruise Fare Original Sailing Date Refund Request Date Refund Received Date Days Since Request Days to Receive Refund
Fran&Steve 2/12/2020 2/20/2020 3/10/2020   19
Emma Chisit 3/1/2020 2/20/2020 5/15/2020   85
Hambagahle 3/14/2020 3/15/2020 5/20/2020   66
GOARMY 3/14/2020 3/17/2020 5/22/2020   66
tnr 3/14/2020 3/18/2020 5/22/2020   65
piscean 3/16/2020 2/20/2020 3/2/2020   11
flossie009 3/27/2020 2/23/2020 4/3/2020   40
jessandarnie 3/28/2020 4/2/2020 5/14/2020   42

No one scheduled to sail April 1 or later and cancelled by Regent has reported receiving their refund.  (SkystheLimit has the only other reported refund after paying in full, but the cruise was not cancelled by Regent and was subject to a 15% penalty, per Regent's normal cancellation policy.) 

Edited by SusieQft

37 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Thanks Portolan!  Many of us that start threads have a “stated intent” that tends to wander off into related topics.  This is typical and I do not see a problem with it.  It was seeing what I felt was a restricted thread that was very surprising since this is not something that I’ve seen before.  And, posters that tried to make related comments were reminded of the restriction.

Then another thread on the same topic was started and it was made clear what could or could not be posted on that thread.

Today, it was stated that a discussion on the same topic was being discussed on a unrelated thread (whether or not Regent will sail in 2020).

I am stating my concern with these types of threads for a few reasons.  Firstly, this has caused a lot of confusion.  The exact same thing is being discussed in multiple places.  In the past, threads such as these would be combined into one thread.  Lastly, the message that this is giving members is that they cannot state their situation and ask for advice without being reprimanded.  

in my opinion, this is not a simple subject.  There are people from different countries posting - some posters have done “normal” cancelations while others canceled a few days before Regent canceled the cruise or had their cruise canceled by Regent.  For this reason, we need to ask questions or make statements (just as on any other thread).

On the other hand, if there is a thread that is about refunds and someone posts that think that there is a case of the virus on Navigator, it is clearly off topic and posters are usually directed to the correct thread or asked to start a new thread.

My intent of making these comments is to simplify threads - especially during this difficult time as well as hoping that restricted threads to not become the “norm” in there future.

I "rise" to applaud SuzieQFT for her work in trying to provide us with relevant info in an efficient manor. I do not apologize for my gentle (but "rude") request that that specific post was intended not for whatever else a person believes we should know or a chat with a friend. I am so thankful for a Watercooler thread.

Portolan: 

The entry SuzieQft  just-posted (with a listing extrapolated from her main Refund thread) just-about preempted the response I was preparing. 

There are certainly hundreds of postings on this Thread.  One was mine. 

I did advise you and others on this Thread last Friday immediately upon verifying Regent did refund my March 14th Splendor San Diego-Miami segment.  I had paid in-full; Regent canceled on the afternoon of March 13th, less than 12 hours before scheduled departure.  My March 17th request for full cash refund was provided Regent via my TA. 

Stay safe. 

GOARMY!

DeepFreeze63 - I also commend SuzieQft for taking on the task of keeping track of refunds.  However, the WaterCooler thread is not for cruising issues so it cannot be a substitute for any of these threads.  

SusieQft - Unfortunately, starting yet another thread on the same topic is an impediment to many of us which is why threads on the same topic have been regularly combined.  

One thing that could be helpful would be for someone to keep track of the cancelation policies as we go forward so that posters could simply look up their situation to see what the policy is at that particular time and date. This can be done by reading the Regent website daily and perhaps printing out the policy to see if anything has changed.

No, I'm not volunteering but if we could see the policy for the UK, the United States/Canada (generally the same).  Then it could be a breakdown of the options if a cruise is canceled by Regent vs. one cancelled by a passenger under the "new" policy and then what the FCC's can be applied to (when they have to book and when they have to sail). There are likely scenarios that I'm not thinking about.  It would also be helpful to remind passengers the timeframe that they could expect to see their refund (generally within 90 days but may differ by country).

Everyone will receive their refund (that has applied for it within the timeframe) but not everyone knows the current policies.  IMO, this is what we need.  so, instead of 2+ long threads, it could be discussed on one much shorter thread.

Note:  This could be done in sections - one for the UK, policies and one for other countries.  It does not have to be done by just one person.

Edited by Travelcat2
  • Haha 2

GOARMY: sorry, I missed your post on the fog of this thread.  Still waiting to see repeatable data to allow me and others to extrapolate as to when we might see our refunds.

Scott...Army 2

Scott: 

No problem.   Ah--the Fog of, whatever.  To include The Fog of War (Carl von Clausewitz).   Was enveloped in that particular fog just a little over 50 years ago.   

Jim . . .

GOARMY!

6 minutes ago, GOARMY said:

Scott: 

No problem.   Ah--the Fog of, whatever.  To include The Fog of War (Carl von Clausewitz).   Was enveloped in that particular fog just a little over 50 years ago.   

Jim . . .

GOARMY!

That was my allusion...I taught Clausewitz at the National Defense University (post Army time as an IC senior on loan)...

All refunds have been processed for cruises sailing in March. They are now working on cruises for the period roughly April 1 - April 10. Refunds are set to be processed within 90 calendar (not business) days from the sail date.

On 5/26/2020 at 10:07 PM, Pcardad said:

It is possible Regent may address this issue shortly...and maybe even here.

2 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

All refunds have been processed for cruises sailing in March. They are now working on cruises for the period roughly April 1 - April 10. Refunds are set to be processed within 90 calendar (not business) days from the sail date.

Is this what you were alluding to in your previous post?

No. I had heard that Regent was going to 'up their game" in terms of communication. I thought that was good, positive news so I shared it.

This post I just made is info that I just heard from Regent in my capacity of a TA. It is from an internal memo that was allowed to be shared (I asked).

17 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

So to be clear for those who have or will be canceling cruises for say September they will not get their refunds until December??  Doesn't matter when the cruise was cancelled, and somone canceling a November cruise will have to wait until 2021 for their money???

I do not speak for Regent.

I called and asked if my August cruise was cancelled...when would I get a refund. I was told what I posted above.  Refunds due to canceled cruises can take up to 90 calendar days and are processed by date of sailing. They are currently working on roughly the first 10 days in April. 

I did not ask about client canceled cruises....only cruises canceled by Regent.

Edited by Pcardad

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Refunds are set to be processed within 90 calendar (not business) days from the sail date.

Hmmm....I think this is misinformed.  My confirmation email from regent said the following:

“Refund requests will be validated, and refunds will be processed within 90 days of the request.

Sincerely, 
Regent Seven Seas Cruises”

22 minutes ago, forgap said:

Hmmm....I think this is misinformed.  My confirmation email from regent said the following:

“Refund requests will be validated, and refunds will be processed within 90 days of the request.

Sincerely, 

Perhaps...i hope yours is correct.

Ps...was your cruise canceled by you or by Regent.. There is a difference.

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rallydave said:

So to be clear for those who have or will be canceling cruises for say September they will not get their refunds until December??  Doesn't matter when the cruise was cancelled, and somone canceling a November cruise will have to wait until 2021 for their money???

Are you waiting for a refund?  If so, when was your cruise cancelled and was it by you or Regent?  Do you have a cruise that could potentially be cancelled?  I would check with your TA and ask the questions that you are putting forth.  After all, many people have already canceled their cruises for the rest of the year so it is likely that the 90 days would be a worst case scenario. 

2 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Refunds due to canceled cruises can take up to 90 calendar days and are processed by date of sailing.

1 hour ago, forgap said:

Sincerely, 

That is the same wording in the email we received regarding a cruise canceled by Regent.

Also, the small amount of received refund data on @SusieQft's spreadsheet indicates that refunds are being progressed by date of cancellation by Regent rather than by date of sailing

2 hours ago, forgap said:

Sincerely, 

Absolutely!.  Our refund request was acknowledged on 31 March.  One 29 June, Regent will be in default by their own statement.  Our cruise was 4 May.

The recent posts put a total end to the explanation that it is a huge backlog causing this.  Otherwise, why would the first requestors have had to wait 60+ days...there was no one ahead of them in the queue?  The only rational explanation, if they meet their 90 day promise, is that they sat on the requests for most of that 60 days or so.  While I understand why they'd do this, a little honesty would have gone a long way to framing our expectations.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pcardad said:

No. I had heard that Regent was going to 'up their game" in terms of communication. I thought that was good, positive news so I shared it.

Excellent to hear this positive news. Thanks for sharing.

6 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

That is the same wording in the email we received regarding a cruise canceled by Regent.

Also, the small amount of received refund data on @SusieQft's spreadsheet indicates that refunds are being progressed by date of cancellation by Regent rather than by date of sailing

I am not sure what the spreadsheet supports but here is Susie's comment on it....

"However, as Pcardad said on another thread (and the spreadsheet supports this):"

3 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Edited by Pcardad