The Daily for Monday Apr 6, 2020

richwmn

11 hours ago, rafinmd said:

It's takeout McDonalds for me.  This is our fire department board meeting and I usually stop for dinner after the meeting.  This time it will be a virtual board meeting and then the drive through but it's still a bit of normalcy.

Change of plans.  The meeting was held as a telephone conference call and ended about 15 minutes before I would have started dinner.  If I was at the fire house I would have probably stopped on the way home but that was not to be.  It was turkey ham, mashed potatoes and veggies (peas and green beans) instead.  No caramel corn but I will down a couple of popcorn cakes tonight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I will certainly think of you when we have a sunset!! Will have to wait this week! Having rain. Paisley loves her squirrels! We always take her to our family beach called Moonlight Beach so she can see her squirrels after our walk!

What a fabulous back yard you have my friend! 
Have a good day Cat!

Denise😊

I love this thread.  It brings up so many warm memories.  I've lived in San Diego since 1975, and my sister and I were both pregnant and swimming and sunning at Moonlight Beach.  Best days ever!

And then  @Seasick Sailor up there in Idaho...

Until last year, we had a home in McCall where we spent about a quarter of the year.  It became too hard to get up there and maintain the place, but, oh,  my, so many happy Idaho days.

I guess it's nostalgia days now, but I'm soooo looking forward to making more memories.  Hopefully at sea!!

6 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

I love this thread.  It brings up so many warm memories.  I've lived in San Diego since 1975, and my sister and I were both pregnant and swimming and sunning at Moonlight Beach.  Best days ever!

And then  @Seasick Sailor up there in Idaho...

Until last year, we had a home in McCall where we spent about a quarter of the year.  It became too hard to get up there and maintain the place, but, oh,  my, so many happy Idaho days.

I guess it's nostalgia days now, but I'm soooo looking forward to making more memories.  Hopefully at sea!!

Hey! Thanks for thinking of Denise and me. We've been to McCall multi times. Had a very cold night in an advertised "bungalow" in which the heater didn't work and the bed was so slanted I had to hold onto the bed or roll off it! Thankfully our border collie was with us and we allowed her on the bed for extra warmth. 

We are blessed in that we can live anywhere in the world, and we choose Coeur d'alene. 

Thanks for a great memory;)

Joy

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hey! Thanks for thinking of Denise and me. We've been to McCall multi times. Had a very cold night in an advertised "bungalow" in which the heater didn't work and the bed was so slanted I had to hold onto the bed or roll off it! Thankfully our border collie was with us and we allowed her on the bed for extra warmth. 

We are blessed in that we can live anywhere in the world, and we choose Coeur d'alene. 

Thanks for a great memory;)

Joy

Isn’t this the best!!!!👍❤️👍👍👍

Lets all on The Daily take a bow!!! See how this thread helps people and gives memories! Love it!

Hope dinner turned out great Joy! Going to make today’s recipe tomorrow!

Enjoy everyone your call on libations!!

Denise😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Isn’t this the best!!!!👍❤️👍👍👍

Lets all on The Daily take a bow!!! See how this thread helps people and gives memories! Love it!

Hope dinner turned out great Joy! Going to make today’s recipe tomorrow!

Enjoy everyone your call on libations!!

Denise😉

Ok, so about tonight's dinner 🤭 while stew is in the oven, I go to the maibox.. I started gabbing with a neighbor (social distancing but she's hard of hearing,  so I had to shout, which makes her shout too) So she shouts "who the hell is cooking with the garlic, my whole damn house smells like garlic!!"  So after, I run home and turn off my overhead oven hood!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Ok, so about tonight's dinner 🤭 while stew is in the oven, I go to the maibox.. I started gabbing with a neighbor (social distancing but she's hard of hearing,  so I had to shout, which makes her shout too) So she shouts "who the hell is cooking with the garlic, my whole damn house smells like garlic!!"  So after, I run home and turn off my overhead oven hood!! 

LOL!!!!! All good to me! More garlic the better👍 
Denise😊

2 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for the daily report.

A grey wet day here, Lamb chops for dinner tonight for us,.

erewhon I love sirloin lamb chops big time!

I marinate with lots of garlic in olive oil with Herbs Provence. We throw them on the Barbq and enjoy! I had the best lamb over in Nee Zealand! 
Denise😊

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

erewhon I love sirloin lamb chops big time!

I marinate with lots of garlic in olive oil with Herbs Provence. We throw them on the Barbq and enjoy! I had the best lamb over in Nee Zealand! 
Denise😊

Pleased that you had the best lamb, of course we believe that New Zealand produces the very best lamb!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, erewhon said:

Pleased that you had the best lamb, of course we believe that New Zealand produces the very best lamb!!

Our organic market (Pilgrim's) sells butter soft lamb from New Zealand.  I don't mind foregoing our phone bill to buy those delicious chops.. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Our organic market (Pilgrim's) sells butter soft lamb from New Zealand.  I don't mind foregoing our phone bill to buy those delicious chops.. lol

What do you have to pay for the NZ lamb?

9 hours ago, erewhon said:

What do you have to pay for the NZ lamb?

Good morning. It depends. Normally around $18 for rack per lb at our organic market. Costco is cheaper, but I like our little market. And I don't have to wait in a long line out in the cold like we do at Costco right now..

Edited by Seasick Sailor
add

10 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning. It depends. Normally around $18 for rack per lb at our organic market. Costco is cheaper, but I like our little market. And I don't have to wait in a long line out in the cold like we do at Costco right now..

Thanks for your reply.