The Daily for Monday Apr 6, 2020

richwmn

today is National Caramel Popcorn Day and National Fun Day

The polite thing to do has always been to address people as they wish
to be addressed, to treat them in a way they think dignified.  But it
is equally important to accept and tolerate different standards of
courtesy, not expecting everyone else to adapt to one's own
preferences.  Only then can we hope to restore the insult to its proper
social function of expressing true distaste.
        -- Judith Martin, "Miss Manners' Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior"

Meal Suggestion - Alcatra de Terceira (Portuguese Slow Cooker Pot Roast) https://easyportugueserecipes.com/alcatra-de-terceira-portuguese-slow-cooker-pot-roast/

Stirrip Cay Grand Bahama Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Veendam
Zuiderdam
Volendam
Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Atlantic
Koningsdam east of Brazil destination Christobal Panama eta 4/10

Fort Lauderdale
Rotterdam (with Passengers)
Zaandam (with Passengers)

Puerto Vallarta MX
Eurodam
Maasdam

La Paz Anchorage
Westerdam

Cabo San Lucas Anchorage
Oosterdam

At Sea Pacific
Noordam destination San Diego CA eta 4/24

Durban South Africa Anchorage

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the fleet update, Rich 🙂 

And thanks for adding some spice to the thread with the suggested recipes 😄 

I love Alcatra de Terceira although I substitute beef instead of pork.  And, I do have some beef out thawing so it sounds like a good plan for tonight and have some FUN making it and in the garden 😄 

• Like 2

Thank you for the Daily Report.

Caramel popcorn sounds great - I should make some. 

And maybe a slow cooker pot roast for dinner, tomorrow.  The beef is in the freezer.  But it's a lot smaller than the one in your recipe.

Have a wonderful Monday.

Stay home and stay healthy.

• Like 1

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the fleet report.

Love the recipe! Thank you. I have all the ingredients except cloves. My neighbor is gone for the winter, so will go over and rummage her spice cabinet.

My favorite treat is caramel popcorn, and if we needed a fun day, today is the day!

Have a wonderful, fun Monday!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Why is that?  Are the stores/markets running into supply problems?

Supply problmes create distributors who on their part are limited due to limitations by the government. The store is always happy to sell as much as it wants and distributors have their interest to supply the stores as much as they can but it all hits the wall when it comes to the government. Producers limit their production because people are staying at home or not working in general. Which means lesser amount of goods produced and lesser amount of goods for distributors to bring to the store.. kinda like that 

Thank you for the daily Daily.  It seems like the Amsterdam has been missing from the last couple of reports.  We all know that it's the one at the Durban Anchorage  and I'm guessing you're working from a master document and the ship name isn't getting picked up from the copy and paste.

It's takeout McDonalds for me.  This is our fire department board meeting and I usually stop for dinner after the meeting.  This time it will be a virtual board meeting and then the drive through but it's still a bit of normalcy.

Roy

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

It's takeout McDonalds for me.

McDonald's, BurgerKing etc are all closed here. Both takeaway and drive thru.  Very few takeaway establishments are open at all.

27 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the daily Daily.  It seems like the Amsterdam has been missing from the last couple of reports.  We all know that it's the one at the Durban Anchorage  and I'm guessing you're working from a master document and the ship name isn't getting picked up from the copy and paste.

Good catch, I should proof read better. Actually Amsterdam somehow got deleted from the master document. Since she hasn't moved in several days, I just scrolled right by that area. It has now been fixed.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s report, Rich! You have really transformed this thread into a true Daily!

The recipe sounds amazing, but I will save it when I am able to have someone over to help me eat it. @Seasick Sailor, please review the recipe for me. Perhaps it all cooks down into something that is just a couple of servings, but a 9 pound roast!

I will have some fun, thank you! I know I do not have popcorn in the house, but am venturing out to the grocery store, so I will see what I can find.

Stay well everyone.

18 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s report, Rich! You have really transformed this thread into a true Daily!

The recipe sounds amazing, but I will save it when I am able to have someone over to help me eat it. @Seasick Sailor, please review the recipe for me. Perhaps it all cooks down into something that is just a couple of servings, but a 9 pound roast!

I will have some fun, thank you! I know I do not have popcorn in the house, but am venturing out to the grocery store, so I will see what I can find.

Stay well everyone.

Good morning Ann!

I don't have a 9 pound roast, but it looks like you slice the meat and layer it between herbs and veggies. I'm trying it and will let you know how it turns out. Sounds delicious!

Joy

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Ann!

I don't have a 9 pound roast, but it looks like you slice the meat and layer it between herbs and veggies. I'm trying it and will let you know how it turns out. Sounds delicious!

Joy

ooh, Joy - I totally skipped that part. I bet I can adapt this & make a smaller meal. Thank you for making me think! Stay well!

Ann😷

Thanks for the Daily.  You just made DH's day - he loves caramel popcorn!  About the pot roast - that means I'm going to have to stand on my head in our coffin, I mean freezer, to see if there's one down there.  I may just come up with some alternative to that one!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Haha 1

Thanks for the update. We were on the last sailing of the Zuiderdam before this hit, getting off in FLL on March 18. We were lucky - no sign of the virus, but the crew really worked hard to make sure of that.

Dinner here - a old fashioned New England boiled dinner! Corned beef and carrots in the crock pot, adding the cabbage later. I'll be making gingerbread and lemon sauce to finish it off - our 52nd anniversary celebration, just the two of us! No family this time! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, panoramaofthepast said:

Thanks for the update. We were on the last sailing of the Zuiderdam before this hit, getting off in FLL on March 18. We were lucky - no sign of the virus, but the crew really worked hard to make sure of that.

Dinner here - a old fashioned New England boiled dinner! Corned beef and carrots in the crock pot, adding the cabbage later. I'll be making gingerbread and lemon sauce to finish it off - our 52nd anniversary celebration, just the two of us! No family this time! 

Happy anniversary!  Sorry it has to be without family, but it counts just the same.  I'm having a large round number birthday this Wednesday at home with DH and he promises to make me a birthday cake.  I remember him celebrating this particular number birthday on the Seabourn Quest with a fabulous dinner and cake and several of our friends on board joining us. Lots of singing and photos, too.  Not quite the same for my birthday but I will make up for it on a later cruise, I promise you!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Thank you for the Fleet report.

Just plain popcorn for me -- caramel too hard on the teeth.

Boy that dinner sounds delicious -- sadly haven't been able to buy any beef for a 3 weeks now.

Good morning KK!

Wow still no beef? So sorry. This just baffles me that stores can be like that.

Insure hope you can get some soon.

Both you and DH stay safe. I think of you often 

Denise😊