When will the next shutdown extension be announced?

otbc

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

I find it strange that on other social media forums, people are saying they will rebook their cancelled cruise to one in October this year.

What alternative planet are these people living on? Do they not read the papers, watch the news etc? When the government are saying  that pubs and restaurants will be amongst the last to open, and only with restrictions, why on earth do they think cruises will go ahead in October?

Cruising aside some people are really not getting this. You can already see people (thankfully very few) pushing the bounds of the lockdown.

Perhaps a vaccine will be found quicker, we all hope it will be but without it we will all face restrictions for quite some time to come.

The FM is coming in at 12.30 to talk about the strategy for coming out of lockdown once it is appropriate to do so but that won’t be soon.

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Whatever you have paid so far, deposit or full payment, is transferable, but you can only get a refund when the cruise is formally cancelled (up to 31st July). If you just cancel before balance due date, you have to transfer the deposit as FCC or lose it. P&O is being a bit crafty in cancelling after balance due dates, as they then have a lot of people’s money for 60 days until they refund it, which helps their cash flow - but not ours!

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I'm fortunate that they have cancelled it before the balance payment was taken then.

7 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

The numbers on here are indeed very small but the total outrage and vast numbers commenting on the lack of refunds on other larger media sites makes it clear that anyone who has received their refund so far is among the very lucky few.

People have also been asking what date they are up to with refunds and there is just silence. If they are working through refunds, all be it slowly if staffing is the issue, then surely they can tell those asking how far they have got so far. I think this kind of information would reassure people that they will get their money, eventually. In the vacuum of information people will make all sorts of other assumptions.

They have communication staff on hand to add unnecessary posts like recipes, their time would be better used reporting on refunds etc. We have refunded up to x date or we will be refunding y cruise next week. 

We had 2 cruises booked 1 on Azura 19th April and Iona 4th July, Azura was cancelled and we cancelled Iona 3weeks ago,  recieved both Refunds into my account last week.

1 minute ago, TOM CRUIZES said:

We had 2 cruises booked 1 on Azura 19th April and Iona 4th July, Azura was cancelled and we cancelled Iona 3weeks ago,  recieved both Refunds into my account last week.

That’s excellent news but it does beg the question why you have a refund for cruises that are later than mine, I’m presuming we cancelled at the same time. It adds to the theory that refunds are random and not in any sort of date order.

11 minutes ago, TOM CRUIZES said:

If you got a refund for April 19th, why am I waiting for a refund for my April 12th cruise? (Obviously a rhetorical question.)

7 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

That’s excellent news but it does beg the question why you have a refund for cruises that are later than mine, I’m presuming we cancelled at the same time. It adds to the theory that refunds are random and not in any sort of date order.

I was on a cruise that had to terminate - 21 March - and still awaiting refund.   I know some people on same cruise have received their refund but not all of us - so seems completely random.

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

If you got a refund for April 19th, why am I waiting for a refund for my April 12th cruise? (Obviously a rhetorical question.)

We are still waiting for a refund for our 14th March cruise that was cancelled ON THE DAY of departure!! 

Following the doom & gloom on here I am moving our 29 August 2020 Iona cruise to 28August 2021. Just have to miss Gary Barlow. BUT. P&O say I can rebook and move the deposit more than once. SO. Nothing stopping me changing it all back again if this is all over by the back end of summer😷😁

• Haha 1

Just got email w.r.t our IONA June 13th being cancelled.

Our trip is complex with flights and groups so the date of cruise was organized with a lot of care and detail to tailor all.

The email from P&O mentions ZERO about being refunded.

We do not want FCC’s as we will not be able to sail as a group in the future, so all parties want THEIR money back. Using an FCC for a not possible future is not an option

We now have 5 cruises out of 11 cancelled.

We know with Royal Caribbean we will get REFUNDS

We know with MSC we will get REFUNDS

We know with Princess we will get REFUNDS

Am I missing something with P&O here on the legalities of not returning OUR money 

25 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Our trip is complex with flights and groups so the date of cruise was organized with a lot of care and detail to tailor all.

We do not want FCC’s as we will not be able to sail as a group in the future, so all parties want THEIR money back. Using an FCC for a not possible future is not an option

Am I missing something with P&O here on the legalities of not returning OUR money 

Previously there was an option to apply for a refund, using a link on the email. Is that not the case now?  P&O are still offering refunds, the only issue being the time it is taking for the refunds to be issued.

2 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Was talking with someone involved in the refund process yesterday. Cashflow is not the issue. Management are pushing for refunds to be done as quickly as possible but there really is a significant shortage of suitable staff. Most staff are being needed answering phones meaning that there are very few to process refunds.

I also know of a number of people who have received refunds - just because they don't post on here doesn't mean they don't exist.

Selbourne - your principle is completely correct but that really is not the case. Carnival UK & Corp now have liquid cash funds available to survive through 12/20 if they receive no more income. This is well documented. They are not earning significant funds on deposit due to market rates therefore no advantage to slowing cashflow - the stock markets already know the money is going back to customers so doesn't make a difference whether its now or in 3 months as they will have already recorded the liability,

I fear that you are in a minority of one by persisting with the line that the prolonged delays to processing refunds has nothing whatsoever to do with cash flow, but the fact that you are basing this assertion on a conversation with a staff member of P&O is telling. Do you really think that anyone at P&O is going to tell you that they are delaying payments due to cash flow? Of course not. They are very clearly briefed as to what they can and can’t say (such as at the staff meeting this morning) and the public facing staff are under very strict guidance about such matters. Those staff won’t even be briefed about things such as cash flow for fear that they will say something that goes public and causes panic. They are desperate to convert as many existing bookings into FCC or later bookings so as to retain the cash in the business. You are of course correct about the current financial state of Carnival, but they will be contingency planning for various scenarios that will include no cruises going anywhere for way beyond the end of this year. What might look like a sound cash situation now can quickly turn bad and they will be putting their sub brands, such as P&O, under enormous pressure to do all they can to avoid paying out refunds. At a simplistic level, look how well hidden the refund option is in the cancellation communications!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Third paragraph under the video. Don't forget to keep a copy of the form you have filled out. Print/save the page. Right click on your mouse and print. I can save mine as a pdf. Also save the thank you reply that comes up.

If, for any reason, the enhanced 125% FCC offer does not meet your needs, please let us know via this web form and we will issue a full refund. You will be asked for your booking reference, which can be found at the top of this email. We are unable to facilitate any such queries via our Customer Contact Centre at this time.

Edited by emam
More info.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Previously there was an option to apply for a refund, using a link on the email. Is that not the case now?  P&O are still offering refunds, the only issue being the time it is taking for the refunds to be issued.

Yup

Wife found it, she book marked link awhile back just Incase 

Thank you

5 minutes ago, emam said:

Third paragraph under the video.

If, for any reason, the enhanced 125% FCC offer does not meet your needs, please let us know via this web form and we will issue a full refund. You will be asked for your booking reference, which can be found at the top of this email. We are unable to facilitate any such queries via our Customer Contact Centre at this time.

Thank you

All cruise refunds requested, just to wait the 60days now 👍🏻

1 hour ago, TOM CRUIZES said:

P.O organisation proves to be shambolic once again. Whilst I am very  pleased that someone  has been refunded, it seems that at least  one staff member at p.o has the capacity to refund April and July cruises so why are  they not being given backlog work for March  cancellations. Cruise cancellation order would logically be preferential. Even wfh staff should be given directives from senior management. Incomprehensible way to manage a  work team. 

1 hour ago, TOM CRUIZES said:

I’m confused. Your Iona Cruise was only cancelled this morning and there was no option to get a cash refund prior to today, just FCC. Perhaps I am misunderstanding?

3 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I’m confused. Your Iona Cruise was only cancelled this morning and there was no option to get a cash refund prior to today, just FCC. Perhaps I am misunderstanding?

Cancelled the Iona Cruise due to Medical reasons ie leukaemia with weakened Immune System, was expecting FCC but I'm not complaining.

Edited by TOM CRUIZES

5 minutes ago, TOM CRUIZES said:

Cancelled the Iona Cruise due to Medical reasons ie leukaemia with weakened Immune System, was expecting FCC but I'm not complaining.

Ah, I see. You managed to get within that very narrow window when they said you could cancel if you had a pre existing condition, which they withdrew very soon after. Thought that was longer than 3 weeks ago, but time is dragging at the moment! We were too slow on that one! Thanks for clarifying. 

4 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Ah, I see. You managed to get within that very narrow window when they said you could cancel if you had a pre existing condition, which they withdrew very soon after. Thought that was longer than 3 weeks ago, but time is dragging at the moment! We were too slow on that one! Thanks for clarifying. 

Thought I had missed out also, however a Full refund came through so no problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Whatever you have paid so far, deposit or full payment, is transferable, but you can only get a refund when the cruise is formally cancelled (up to 31st July). If you just cancel before balance due date, you have to transfer the deposit as FCC or lose it. P&O is being a bit crafty in cancelling after balance due dates, as they then have a lot of people’s money for 60 days until they refund it, which helps their cash flow - but not ours!

Agreed!

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

Does that mean my cruise at the end of August on Iona may be at risk?. Quite looking forward to seeing Gary Barlow.

Sorry, but you’ve got more chance of seeing Ken Barlow. Carnival Corporation are planning for the shutdown to continue until the end of 2020.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

Sorry, but you’ve got more chance of seeing Ken Barlow. Carnival Corporation are planning for the shutdown to continue until the end of 2020.

Isn't he lined up for SAGA?😁