2 Weeks No Brochures!!!!!!

B-2-Bs Best!

I think I've had 2 in the last month - certainly a major drop off.  I did get an email today for Jan. Caribbean cruises but even those have dropped off.

One might say they are trying to save cost, while another may say they know a lot of cruises will be canceled. 

Now they have taken to calling on the phone trolling for business. I was poking around on the web site and later I got a phone call at home asking if I needed any help booking a cruise. I told them I already had one booked and was woking with a TA. Kind of creepy, they are spying on me.

15 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Now they have taken to calling on the phone trolling for business. I was poking around on the web site and later I got a phone call at home asking if I needed any help booking a cruise. I told them I already had one booked and was woking with a TA. Kind of creepy, they are spying on me.

Just standard operating procedure.  

And I thought your TA cancelled your cruise??

• Like 1

10 hours ago, susiesan said:

Had the same thing happen to me.  Was polite and told the caller/rep that they might want to stop this pracite as it really is 'Creepy' (Yes...used the 'Creepy' word.) and it really is beneath a copy like Oceania to enage in such a practice, deminishing Oceania brand value.  FWIW...The rep agreed.

I am pretty sure the lack of Brochures right now is those employees or the company that sends them out are considered non-essential workers.  Have you not noticed a big decline in Junk Mail overall and Junk/Spam phone calls too?

Hopefully when cruises gets up and operational, the Brochures stay down. I also get way too many of them under normal circumstances. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JKrise said:

Had the same thing happen to me.  Was polite and told the caller/rep that they might want to stop this pracite as it really is 'Creepy' (Yes...used the 'Creepy' word.) and it really is beneath a copy like Oceania to enage in such a practice, deminishing Oceania brand value.  FWIW...The rep agreed.

If you are not logged into your account when looking at cruises  they do not call IME

They have been doing this for years  now  it is not something new

If you have a TA  just tell them you are happy with the TA   ...some of the reps do not look to see you have a TA

11 hours ago, CintiPam said:

Just standard operating procedure.  

And I thought your TA cancelled your cruise??

I spoke with my TA yesterday, cancelled June 26 cruise, moved deposit to August 29, 2021 cruise, and $500 admin fee is a FCC. At least that what I asked her to do. I have nothing in writing yet, only the credit card charge of $500 additional for the deposit on the new cruise. The new cruise is not showing in my account as of yet. Besides taking a long time to process refunds Oceania is taking a long time with new bookings.

One of the reasons O may have stopped mailing so many brochures is that are all out of date now. What's the point of spending money on literature that is no longer valid?

I am enjoying the lack of junk mail, not just cruise brochures. There have been several days in the last couple of weeks where we have received no mail at all. Most of our bills are auto-pay or paid online so without the junk we get next to nothing.

I would think it's a money saving issue right now for cruise lines. With all of the bad press, it would not only look tone deaf but would probably offer very little ROI.

17 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I spoke with my TA yesterday, cancelled June 26 cruise, moved deposit to August 29, 2021 cruise, and $500 admin fee is a FCC. At least that what I asked her to do. I have nothing in writing yet, only the credit card charge of $500 additional for the deposit on the new cruise. The new cruise is not showing in my account as of yet. Besides taking a long time to process refunds Oceania is taking a long time with new bookings.

Oh my goodness 🙄

• Haha 1

I've also noticed a big reduction in the number of travel solicitations in the mail.  I don't know how I got so lucky but I have never received one brochure from Oceania. My first O cruise was over 10 years ago and I'm currently booked for my 5th. When I'm logged into their website they have never called me afterwards. Any communication I have ever had with them is if I call them.  I've never received any emails from them either.  I'm definitely not on their radar.  

I've received many brochures from Viking, Regent, and Crystal who I've never been a customer of nor have I ever called them.  It's a mystery to me how mailing lists are developed and who travel providers go after as their intended marketing targets. 

7 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

I've also noticed a big reduction in the number of travel solicitations in the mail.  I don't know how I got so lucky but I have never received one brochure from Oceania. My first O cruise was over 10 years ago and I'm currently booked for my 5th. When I'm logged into their website they have never called me afterwards. Any communication I have ever had with them is if I call them.  I've never received any emails from them either.  I'm definitely not on their radar.  

Count yourself  one of the lucky ones  😉

Sometimes travel agencies have you on a general list to the cruise lines

Still getting emails. The one yesterday was particularly annoying.  It promoted visiting St. barts, St. lucia, and Antiqua.  Oddly, we were supposed to stop in all 3 of those ports on my recent Sirena cruise.  Only stopped in St. lucia.  10 day cruise with 4 ports skipped.  No apology, no refund of anything.   Should get port charges returned.  Has anyone had port charges returned for missed ports?  On other cruise lines, port charges have been returned. Why is Oceania not returning them?

They don't return them because it is not a separate charge for the cruise. It is all included in one price. Doesn't make it right it's just the way they do it. 

You seem to hold a lot of ill will against Oceania. Holding those beach balls underwater gets tiresome after a while. Let it go. They didn't create this mess.