Shareholder OBC

tennboy1981

3 minutes ago, GameHog said:

I ran into this problem also.  The statements are monthly, therefore they will not print until next month, if it is a new account.

Well, it is not like you are cruising in the next month 🙂 just put a reminder in your phone and print it out then!

13 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

And if it does happen....it'll trigger the beginning of the end of my relationship with Carnival.   Bought 100 shares about a year ago that garnered me 100 in OBC and whatever dividend they gave, but the shares are worth  almost 4K less. Have enough in gift cards to pay off my Mardi Gras cruise next year and whatever cruise I book for 2022 or 2023.  Hopefully by then Carnival's stock will have increased enough to recoup some of my losses as well as the reinstatement of the OBC.  Otherwise my 2 cruises per year will be spent on other lines.  Only 4 out of my last 14 have been on Carnival anyway.  This platinum cruiser removed his rose colored glasses years ago.

Why would this upset you? When purchasing stock and submitting a request for the benefit, you are informed and aware it is only until a certain date. This is not a guaranteed benefit.

One shouldn’t purchase stock for an onboard credit. They should only invest in a company they believe will produce profits and be successful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GameHog said:

I ran into this problem also.  The statements are monthly, therefore they will not print until next month, if it is a new account.

Thanks everyone for the help! Much appreciated

On 4/8/2020 at 10:28 AM, Earthworm Jim said:

I'm wondering if, since so many people were able to get their 100 shares cheaply recently, they'll eventually increase the amount of shares you need to have to qualify. I doubt they'll do it soon, because anyone wanting to buy their shares right now is a big plus for them while the cost of OBC won't hit them until after cruises resume. But eventually.

Hearing rumors of cancelling the perk or minimum share requirement will be raised to 500 shares to participate.  That would make the purchase price point about what it was at 100 shares when shares sold previously at $40 mark.  

Edited by Full-Count
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Full-Count said:

Hearing rumors of cancelling the perk or minimum share requirement will be raised to 500 shares to participate.  That would make the purchase price point about what it was at 100 shares when shares sold previously at $40 mark.  

Where did you hear that? I'd love to read that article.

14 hours ago, Full-Count said:

There was a long period of time when the stock pricre was under 20 and the benefit was kept at a minimum of 100 shares.

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

There was a long period of time when the stock pricre was under 20 and the benefit was kept at a minimum of 100 shares.

The big difference is back then they still had cruise ships operating as normal. A lot different situation than now with cruising more or less suspended indefinitely. 

16 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The big difference is back then they still had cruise ships operating as normal. A lot different situation than now with cruising more or less suspended indefinitely. 

If they aren't cruising then the shareholder OBC doesn't cost them anything.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Full-Count said:

Not  a chance. Within a year, CCL stock should more than double in price, and maybe within a year or two after be at or above the $40 mark.

The shareholder OBC is a marketing tool, a promotion, and it works, or they wouldn't keep renewing every year for decades. It doesn't hurt that it is a tax deduction. Carnival isn't going to mess with success.

Dividends come out of retained earnings , are not necessary business expenses, and are not deductible to the Corporation and don't encourage people to cruise. Yes, there is a shady way around, but why would Carnival?

Someone mentioned annual meetings - the annual meeting was just held April 6th, I believe.

The current promotion for shareholder credit is through July of next year.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Not  a chance. Within a year, CCL stock should more than double in price, and maybe within a year or two after be at or above the $40 mark.

The shareholder OBC is a marketing tool, a promotion, and it works, or they wouldn't keep renewing every year for decades. It doesn't hurt that it is a tax deduction. Carnival isn't going to mess with success.

Dividends come out of retained earnings , are not necessary business expenses, and are not deductible to the Corporation and don't encourage people to cruise. Yes, there is a shady way around, but why would Carnival?

Someone mentioned annual meetings - the annual meeting was just held April 6th, I believe.

The current promotion for shareholder credit is through July of next year.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

I agree that the shareholder OBC is a marketing tool. I also do not see it going away. The reason that they renew it every year is that it brings in more money than it costs.

On 4/13/2020 at 10:40 AM, BarbG said:

I also bought shares recently...I used TD Ameritrade.  Can someone tell me where or what I click on to print off copy of brokerage statement to verify stock ownership? Thanks

you can also just print the trade advice, if you buy it too close to the cruise to get a monthly statement.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 12:31 AM, RMcoolX said:

I appreciate the responses to my first questions. 

One more...Do CCL and CUK stock buys both qualify for the shareholder benefit? Assuming the answer is yes, I now wonder why would a person pay the higher CCL price versus the CUK price?

CCL has different votes allowed than CUK. that could explain it. I think CUK is also an ADR from the British exchange, and it might be FX related.

but they both qualify for the OBC, so if you were buying it short term for the OBC only, you could buy the CUK version.

On 4/17/2020 at 1:00 PM, Denverdonkeys said:

CCL has different votes allowed than CUK. that could explain it. I think CUK is also an ADR from the British exchange, and it might be FX related.

but they both qualify for the OBC, so if you were buying it short term for the OBC only, you could buy the CUK version.

I made the purchase of 100 shares of CUK several days ago. Assuming that America gets back to cruising by July 2020, I will likely have 3-4 cruises before the possibility of them canceling the program in July 2021. That should make the stock purchase worth it.

Thx for your response.

I also recently bought shares of CCL stock.    My next cruise is now June 27, 2021.   Thought I'd share my experience because I've read differing accounts here.

I submitted my shareholder info, along with the other required information (name, ship, booking #, etc.) by fax on April 20th.  I received an approval confirmation today by email.   So took them 7 days, and they approved a booking that was 462 days out!!!

Edited by ULCajunCruiser

I sent my Shareholder request in on 4/24/20 and received the following email on 4/28/20.  I had always faxed mine in the past, but I saw on this thread that you could email it to Carnival.  Not so.  Please see an excerpt from the email I received.

In future please do not email your stock statement, this is not an acceptable way for us to receive this highly sensitive information. We have made an exception and applied it yet in future that might not be the case we only accept this by fax or regular mail information is provided below for you.

By fax to: 305-406-6102, or mail to the following address and be sure to blacken out the account:

Carnival Cruise Lines

Attn: Guest Administration MSM2-200

3655 N.W. 87th Avenue

Miami, FL 33178

Hope this helps

8 minutes ago, lowemanc said:

I sent my Shareholder request in on 4/24/20 and received the following email on 4/28/20.  I had always faxed mine in the past, but I saw on this thread that you could email it to Carnival.  Not so.  Please see an excerpt from the email I received.

In future please do not email your stock statement, this is not an acceptable way for us to receive this highly sensitive information. We have made an exception and applied it yet in future that might not be the case we only accept this by fax or regular mail information is provided below for you.

By fax to: 305-406-6102, or mail to the following address and be sure to blacken out the account:

Carnival Cruise Lines

Attn: Guest Administration MSM2-200

3655 N.W. 87th Avenue

Miami, FL 33178

Hope this helps

Yes, good information.   I see in these threads that lots of people email their documentation.   But the PDF from Carnival doesn't list an email address, only the info you show!!

Yes, good information.   I see in these threads that lots of people email their documentation.   But the PDF from Carnival doesn't list an email address, only the info you show!!

Glad I could help.  Where can I find the PDF from Carnival.  I have looked for it and can't find it so I have just sent the information on a fax cover sheet.  It has worked but would prefer the PDF.